IGNORED

Schadenfreude

Percy Parrot

this is only very losely related to City. The ties go about as far as Lee Matthews and empathy for neighbours.

I was just wondering how it must feel for Rovers to be where they are right now. I mean last night they lost against a club who WERE, I think, 21st in division 3 and who could only muster a crowd of 1,500. To add insult to injury the silver lining to last night's defeat was a City player- as many of their fans said- highlighting the gulf between the two clubs now that one of our (for want of a better word) rejects was the best player on the pitch for them.

I guess all things are relative. It's probably not too much different to us losing when we travel to places like Chesterfield and Colchester but given their history of never being in Div 3 until a couple of years back it must still be totally gutting.

Bizarrely though- and credit to them- their attendances still continue to rise despite years of chaos at the club.

Unfortunately we can't laugh too hard (well just a bit :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.: ) because we all know how quickly fortunes in football can change. Despite all their rubbish over the last couple of years and despite us pressing year after year for promotion we could still find ourselves in the same division next season! More likely still only one apart.

Yes, it couldn't of happened to a nicer club!

Just shows how far cr@p management gets you really.

Suprised to notice that indeed since they have been in the basement, Rovers' home average attendance has risen by 300 each season.

Archived