IGNORED

Chesterfield Beware

Bristol Boy

There have been some posts pointing to an easy win and asking DW to play three strikers etc.

No doubt, on League position alone, we should win and I think we will, however, just be a bit careful.

Chesterfields last 7 games whilst including the 7-0 Plymouth drubbing, have also included a 1-0 win at Barnsley, a 0-0 draw at Wednesday and a 2-2 draw with Tranmere.

Won 2- Drew 2- Lost 3, in the last seven played isn't great-8 points out of 21, but they aren't going to just lie down and let us hammer them, so DW must ensure we approach the game in the right way.

yes, words of caution I would echo.

We ALL know how unpredictable football can be and if history has taught City fans anything it's that we lose games when we are least expecting it. Home vs Chesterfield should be easy but I doubt it will be.

I just hope that if it's still 0-0 on 70 minutes the crowd remain patient and more importantly the team do too. There is far too often the sense of panic when we don't score in the first 10 minutes.

Just keep the ball low, keep plugging away and it will come.

No game of football at this stage of the season is easy however I can't see anything other than 3 points.

We've got a good record against Chesterfield at Ashton Gate and with the form we are on, we should have enough to win it.

The additional improvement in the atmosphere generated by the East End will also help the players through to a 2-0 victory.

Guest dez_gimred

prob a 2-0 , 3-0 win...

but how can u even start contemplating (sp?) a tough game???

we will be so fired up for this game (fans and players) with the new signing...

east end open...

and the 5th consecutive win in our 11 game winning run!

anything other than 3 points will be awful!

Fear not, Bristol boy always does this.

Its just incase we don't beat them he can come swanning on here next week claiming that "he told us all last Wednesday"!

Funny though becuase if we do win he'll go all quiet again...!

Tend to agree that no game this season is now going to be easy. Chesterfield will be a typical visitor for us - sit deep, and hope to score one.

If we can score early on, could go our way easy enough. Otherwise, we will need to grind it out. Our stats are dead easy this year - we score twice, we win.

Like he did here (Notts County), here (Bormuf) & here (Brentford) you mean?

I would check back further but can't be bothered as it's obvious your above remark was just a groundless accusation.

Recently he has got better, but if you did check back further you'd find that he was a doom and gloom monger who only appeared on this forum after City lost!

Also, as I stated has a big ego and habit of coming on here saying "THE BRISTOL BOY TOLD YOU ALL MONTHS AGO" etc etc

In my humble opinion...

• Admin
Recently he has got better, but if you did check back further you'd find that he was a doom and gloom monger who only appeared on this forum after City lost!

Does that mean I can still criticise Wilson for picking defensive line-ups even though of late they have had some attacking players in them?

1) We've won 4 on the bounce and only lost four times all season in the league.

2) Chesterfield have recently been hammered 7-0 and are struggling in the league.

3) We're City - sod's law is never on our side! (Re: points 1&2!)

4) The Evil Post will likely print today or tomorrow "A City win could......" - Always a kiss of death!

5) It's January! Come on, we all know that as City fans, you can never take anything for granted in January!!!

Other than that.....let's keep our fingers crossed! A win would be a good result, so let's get behind the lads from kick off to the final whistle!

Fear not, Bristol boy always does this.

Its just incase we don't beat them he can come swanning on here next week claiming that "he told us all last Wednesday"!

Funny though becuase if we do win he'll go all quiet again...!

Your childish comments, as always, are unwelcome.

Just post what you want to say.

Other Forum Members can make up their own minds.

Me, go quiet? I don't think so.

Good or Bad results I'm here telling it as I see it.If that's different from you, all well and good.

we will be so fired up for this game (fans and players) with the new signing...

The last thing I want to see on the main website is Phillips or Roberts (They normally get picked for some reason) talking about how "up for it" everyone is.

At this stage in the season and on recent results,there shouldn't be anyone near the first team who isn't.

Fear no one.

Respect everyone.

Because this game has a right habit of biting your a$$ if you don't.

Archived