IGNORED

Naming Of New Stands

Guest CiderRedMatt

Guest CiderRedMatt

I know someone has already suggested 'The Brian Tinnion Stand' which sounds good but any other suggestions if we redevelop the williams/wedlock or do you think there good enough already?

Guest CiderRedMatt

true,

they need to be remembered, i was born after it happened but i want what they did to be remembered for all time - they saved this club and it's about time they got recognised for it

How about naming an end after Mickey Bell - he's been a fine servant to the club ?
Thats an insult to people like the ashton eight, dicks and other players that have served the club well. Bell's only been here for 7 years is it which is a long time but he has cost us a lot in wages the last few years

Thats an insult to people like the ashton eight, dicks and other players that have served the club well. Bell's only been here for 7 years is it which is a long time but he has cost us a lot in wages the last few years
I think you may have missed Andy G's little innuendo.

Think about it an "end" named after Bell would be called the "---- ---" (clue it fit's with the Dicks stand) :D;):D

As far as the Ashton Gate Eight go, how about naming a block in the Dolman after each (there are now 8 Dolman blocks, A-H). I think we should do that now, as some honour is long overdue.

On a less serious note:

Perhaps we could also rename the Red and White bar 'Jackies' .........

Going even further, maybe we could name Atyeo Row Z the Ivan Tistimetanu Row.

There could even be a seat in the Williams called Beadles Chair

... and a finally, lest we forget, the Lee Mattews Treatment Table.

what about the Carl Hutchings roof?

Like the idea of Tinnion stand though and a memorial of some sort for the 8...

Then again, if we are naming stuff after everyone - why dont they do what that other club did (cant remember the name) and auction off a stand to be named after you - I know old tony robinson has some dolla - maybe he could stump up a few k's for a year or so!

I think Tinnion should have one, But does he deserve to be above the likes of harry Dolman, Billy Wedlock, John Atyeo, and mr Williams, (can't say i know that one). I think he deserves to be in the same category but above them, i haven't got a clue really.

Mabye a 2 teir stand named after Williams and Dolman, would leave room for an Atyeo stand, A wedlock stand and a Tinnion stand. I think that anything commemorating the ashton gate eight should be incorporated into any stand that was named after tinman, after all without them tinman wouldn't have been here.

But as for now i agree that the blocks in the dolman should be given names to remember those 8 that this club and it's fans should never be allowed to forget.

the legends end

and a name plate of considered city legends put on the stand wall

then every city hero can be remembered for every decade and

generation of bristol city just the same way a war

heros name plate you see near some memorials but our

memorial so to speak would be a stand :D

I like the idea of the legends end and you could have photo's of all the greats and a bar named after the ashton eight or something. If only we could afford to do that and not have something like the Orange Stand

I like the idea of the legends end and you could have photo's of all the greats and a bar named after the ashton eight or something. If only we could afford to do that and not have something like the Orange Stand
yeah the name is good and fair to all city hereos from wedlock, to tinnion

and our 1st division boys like gow, merrick & ritchie :D

Guest cider gliders
the legends end

and a name plate of considered city legends put on the stand wall

then every city hero can be remembered  for every decade and

generation of bristol city just the same way a war

heros name plate you see near some memorials but our

memorial so to speak would be a stand  :D

Yeah we do like the sound of that Cider Head!

Let`s not forget ole Alan Dicks! The only manager

to take us to the top with a lot of young uns from

Bristol an Scotland! He as never had the credit he

deserves! :P

IMAG0013.JPG

Archived