IGNORED

Found Out The Real Reason Stewart Left Sunderland

Guest MaloneFM

young RICHARD! You know...young...RICHARD for christ's sake...Richard....young Richard Wyatt.

Someone tell this bint who young Richard Wyatt is.

Guest Mabbutts-Perm

Richard Wyatt was hit on the head by an aeroplane during an outside news broadcast, some time in the mid 70s. One of those classic TV moments. The camera showed how his head dented the light aircraft's wing. The boy wonder himself was sitting up in hospital that evening on the TV news.

He's one of those 'local TV celebs' akin to Chris Vacher, What a Smasher, Alison Holloway and Bruce Hockin, who's known to a host of local people but never made it outside our area. Come to think of, isn't that true of a host of city players too.

What I'm struggling with, though, is just how Malone FM came up with the comment that RW had turned up.......

Richard Wyatt was an uphill gardener. You know, good with colours.

Dollymarie, you have shown in this thread what a young and vibrant wee slip of a young girl you really are. Richard Wyatt was HTV's anchor maestro who filled the boots (oohh errr missus) of the the Great Bruce (S)hockin.

In a glorious career, Wyatt was known to indulge his speciality of daring on-air stunts, which reached its zenith when he spectactularly head-butted a flying aeroplane on air! (you can't make this stuff up).

Additionally, he also ensured that another cub reporter never made it to anchor and was forced to remain in local sports on the network, a fact that has been said by some (but never by me) to have left said young cub reporter shell-shocked and bitter. He was last seen at a pretty establishment in Barrow Gurney where he would occasionally, and for no discernable reason, shout out things like "I think THIS could be Rovers' year"

Archived