IGNORED

Best City Game

bissellredhead

just wondering what your best game youve seen

in terms of entertainment i'd have to say the 3-3 draw with reading towards the end on the 2001-02 season (corect me if I'm wrong!) the most satisfying has to be when we beat rovers 3-2 at home on sky sports. whats your best game and why?

in terms of entertainment i'd have to say the 3-3 draw with reading towards the end on the 2001-02 season (corect me if I'm wrong!) the most satisfying has to be when we beat rovers 3-2 at home on sky sports. whats your best game and why?

It's summer time for sure rolleyes.gif

That Reading game was amazing, as was the Rovers 3-2 on Sky. I remember a 2-1 win over Wrexham in the season we made the playoffs before going up (96/97) with Goater getting a last minute winner. That was good.

The 2 that really stand out for me are the Leeds Carling Cup game in 97 when we won 2-1 at AG (but it wasn't enough) and of course the Hartlepool playoff match from last season.

Guest Gazza

4-0 Walsall - Last game of the season 1990.

Watched the last two goals from the touchline (me & a few thousand others).

Great stuff. Rumours that the Gas were losing...........Big Dave Rennie.........

For just pure skill - Real Mallora 6 City 2

They wernt even trying and were just thrashing us until Peacock and Miller scored two really good goals

The previous season Real Mallorca beat Real Madrid 5-1 proving that our attack was better than Real Madrids but our defense wasnt as good razz.gif

For just pure skill - Real Mallora 6 City 2

They wernt even trying and were just thrashing us until Peacock and Miller scored two really good goals

peacock got both but still doesnt change the game twas enthralling funny too with some of the songs being sung about paella!

I once saw a reserve game against Cardiff Citty that finished 7-6. I think Danny Bartley scored a hat -trick. It was 5-2 to us with about ten minutes to go and then our second player went off injured (only 1 sub then) and all hell broke loose.

I think the ref lost count at one stage!

Hereford in the 2nd leg of the area final of the Freight Rover Cup.

2-0 down from the away leg, still the same at half time in the home leg, then 2-2 at full time. Into extra time and almost into stoppage time we scored 3-2 !!!!! Wembley here we come !!!!!!

CHR city.gif

At Ashton Gate you say... erm City 2-0 Oldham was good when Murray scored that amazing goal.

City 3 Chelsea 1

They couldn't cope with the Taylor and Turner show, with Mark Gavin, Smudger, happy days.

Chelsea paraded world class talent that day, such as Ken Moncau and John Bumstead. How things change.

Guest shantrb
That 6-2 game against Cambridge. Not sure which season it was in - maybe 2001/2002?

Lionel Perez was in goal, he got sent off and Tins scored a cracking free kick on the volley from a flick by Beadle (?)

Must have been one hell of a goal to score a free kick ON THE VOLLEY!

Guest markreynolds1986

Dunno bout most entertaining game , but the most entertaining first 15 minutes of a game for sure smile.gif , to be 2 -0 down inside 6 minutes and still get somthing out of the game was brilliant city.gif

Guest markreynolds1986
Have you never seen the goal in question?

i think he may have , but was just TRYING to be funny ?

did actually make me smile though smile.gif

Guest BeNeRz

Hartlepool, Play-Off Semi-Final 2nd Leg, 2003/2004

I somewhat ended up 2 rows down than i should have been in the ateyo stand razz.gif

Guest Wurzel of Oz
That 6-2 game against Cambridge. Not sure which season it was in - maybe 2001/2002?

Lionel Perez was in goal, he got sent off and Tins scored a cracking free kick on the volley from a flick by Beadle (?)

When was this?!! (2 Pre Seasons ago??)

Guest MaloneFM

I think it was new years day.

He tried the trick in a previous game and missed.

He re created it in a 'Phoenix From The Flames' moment from his 1st testimonial. He got a really fat bloke to play Beadle who flicked the ball up, he strolled up to it, sort of swang his foot at it and nealry killed the poor sod in goal.

PEE-YONG! Straight off the geezers head.

My favorite home game was City 3 Leeds Utd 2 in the late 70s, Norman Hunter scored for city, and his boot flew into the net as well as the ball.

My favorite away game was Manx Utd 1 City 3, with a Kevin Mabbutt hat trick at around the same time.

Guest marcclifton

it has to be Notts forest in the 80's, in the semi final of the littlewoods cup or milk cup ( what ever it was called at that time). What a game that was. We were so close to beating them. The east end was rocking that night. Or i seem to remember a boxing day game in the 80's when we beat Plymonth 4-3, didnt really mean a lot, but it was a great game. My worse games, well theres just too many to choose from!

Guest shantrb
Have you never seen the goal in question?

No! Sorry to the original poster, my mistake.

Can I not call myself a true City fan until I've seen this goal???

Guest marcus_has_come_home

city 3-3 reading

when peacock scored from what looked like an impossible angle, and bell equalised from the pen. spot to make it 2-2. think phil parkinson scored a free kick to make it 3-2 on 15 mins! then steve robinson scored an equaliser.

that was the best game, but for entertainment and typical bristol city fashion, the playoff semi vs hartlepool. had us all on the edge of our seats, until goodfellow and roberts got the goals and sent us to cardiff! what a last 5 minutes!

Guest markreynolds1986
That would be mine too!

Just magic!

Dollymarie

Makes me wanna get me Dong out just thinking of it . englandsmile4wf.gif

Makes me wanna get me Dong out just thinking of it .  englandsmile4wf.gif

And if it would guarantee us promotion this year i'd play with it! wink.gif

In all seriousness, I thoroughly enjoyed the Walsall 4-0 game too and in recent times the two massive games against QPR and Plymouth when we proved that we really were the best team in the division on our day... cracking solid performances.

Cant accurately remember what the score was (think it was 4-0) at The Blues on a cold January afternoon. Goals from Rob Turner, Bob Taylor(2) and Rob Newman sent the City fans back to Bristol in ecstatic mood (when the Police eventually let us out). If my memory serves me right, the result sent us top for the first time in Jordans promotion season

Guest Colorado Red
Hereford in the 2nd leg of the area final of the Freight Rover Cup.

2-0 down from the away leg, still the same at half time in the home leg, then 2-2 at full time. Into extra time and almost into stoppage time we scored 3-2 !!!!! Wembley here we come !!!!!!

CHR  city.gif

That's one, for sure. biggrin.gif

City 3 Chelsea 1

They couldn't cope with the Taylor and Turner show, with Mark Gavin, Smudger, happy days.

Chelsea paraded world class talent that day, such as Ken Moncau and John Bumstead. How things change.

That's another, for sure. biggrin.gif

Plus, any of the numerous defeats of the gas. dance.gif

Guest albany P reds
4-0 Walsall - Last game of the season 1990.

Watched the last two goals from the touchline (me & a few thousand others).

Great stuff.  Rumours that the Gas were losing...........Big Dave Rennie.........

Oh what memories.

Probably one of the hottest days ever at the gate.

Lost count on the number of pitch invasions.

Only thought of that game the other day when i found my old yellow away kit with hirerite across it, in my attic .

Also have to agree with the chelsea cup game.

What an atmosphere in the eastend.

Is it me or did it seem to be a better atmosphere in those days?

I understand that from a safety point all seater stadiums are a good thing but i honestly think they've taken some of the atmosphere out of the ground. city.gif

what about dec 14 2002/03 season away at cardiff 2-0? roberts and tinnion but what was freaky that when we played them at home and the same score line and near enough at the same time! w00t.gif

falls down slightly on the best game seen at the Gate though !

disapointed2se.gif

CHR city.gif

Guest BCFC_JOHNERZ_88

it has to be hartlepool play off semi final nothing can match that excitment when roberts put the ball past the keeper just when we all thought it was over!! city.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gif

my personal favourite is Bristol City 3-0 Bristol Rovers, LDV Vans Semi.

Not only the most one sided derby ever, but memorable for Garry Thompsons's claims that Rovers actually deserved something out of it.

Also memorable was Kevin Amankwaah's awesome man marking job of Nathan Ellington, who had scored a hat-trick against Derby in the FA Cup the week before, and was quoted as saying he was going to do the same to Bristol City. Really, Nathan. I think he had one shot all game. Great stuff.

Guest Colorado Red
Is it me or did it seem to be a better atmosphere in those days?

I understand that from a safety point all seater stadiums are a good thing but i honestly think they've taken some of the atmosphere out of the ground. city.gif

Just some??? I'd say virtually all. Thousands of football supporters, myself included, stopped going to matches once the all seater experience became the norm. sleeping.gif

Archived