IGNORED

Lee Matthews

chalky

I think there is a huge gap although i dont think we saw what he is capable of due to the time spent injured. Would hate to see THEM get a striker from us who could help them climb the table. I dont blame him for going there on lone, hopefully other clubs will see what he is capable of and give him a better deal than THEY can.

If he los sum weight, i reclon he could be a good player - however we gotta look to the future - and optimistically!

Is he a first division striker?

I would say...... no.

Miller and Peacock look like they could be alright, with Lita and Roberts in reserve...

We need to look like we could be alrigh to get out of the division with the team we have, but we need to look at one that will stay in Div one when we get there...

My opinion is to release more than a few squad players who do not seem to play for the shirt and get a few high level signings in the summer - after promotion!

Or am i being TOO optimistic?!

We need a winger - come on Goodfellow - show us what your made of and please, please, tin man - dont get injured...!

Guest brfc1883
Just shows the gap in ability between City and them.

Our sixth maybe even seventh choice striker gets straight into their team and gets the Man of the match award.

What a load of tosh! You haven't played him for ages now because of injury I believe. I'm sure if he got more of a run your first team, he would score a lot more goals. If he comes to us and scores a hatful of goals, your forum will be full of 'lets get Lee Matthews back in the team now'! :D

Guest BCFC Matt
What a load of tosh! You haven't played him for ages now because of injury I believe. I'm sure if he got more of a run your first team, he would score a lot more goals. If he comes to us and scores a hatful of goals, your forum will be full of 'lets get Lee Matthews back in the team now'! ;)
Not quite! :D

He's done well in the games hes played in for us but he hasnt really got the fitness and stamina for this level i dont think.

Best of luck to him though and hope he can find a FOOTBALL (Do the gas count as a football team? no. thought not! Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.) club to play for in the summer!

fair play to him i hope he gets on as he has been unlucky here

because of injury, i suppose i am not to bothered about him going

to the gas as they are not in the same division as us and he can't

affect our results (as in gaining points in a promotion battle).

so i wish him well he deserves a bit of luck :D

lee matthews is a class striker and if it was not for his injuries

he would be upfront for us now and we would not have bought

miller, rovers have a gem if he can stay fit REMEMBER HE DESTROYED

THE GAS IN THE LDV A FEW SEASONS BACK....

Guest Swiss Baloney

Lee Mathews is a top class striker however he has the constitution of an old woman with brittle boans, sad to say but if he stays fit the Gas r on a winner :D

It shows nothing. Ability wise he is our best striker, he has pace, power, can finish better than anything we have had for a fair while. If it was not for his constant injuries, he would be our top scorer by a fair way now.

I wish him all the best, if he does end up at rovers permantly and gets a full season, he will hit 25+ with ease in the third division.

He is a class act, just he has the bone structure of a 95 year old.

Archived