IGNORED

No More Signings?

gater2

On the official site DW has said that no more signings are going to be made this transfer window. But how many times have we heard that before in football and the opposite happens.

I think we need to make a big push now and if we can afford it we should persue Forbes or Cureton. DW says we already have enough strikers and competition for the front two places is fierce, but surely if this competition is between players who are not good enough to get us out of this division, we need ones who can. If we really don't have the money I would understand and I don't know enough about our finances (maybe another cash signing is out of the question, I dont know, but if we do have the money we should go for it).

Peacock needs someone to partner him in the short term who's good enough to score 20 goals a season. Yes Miller and Lita are putting in good performances now and again, but there are certainly signs of their inexperience. They obviously need to play to gain experience but, at the moment neither looks like scoring half as much as Peacock, even if they started as much as him. If Peacock's injured there will be very little experience up front and that counts for so much.

I'm worried that if this transfer window closes and we don't have another experienced striker we could find lack of goals a problem until the next window and then regret not having bought another.

If you look at QPR and Plymouth they both have at least two experienced strikers who regularly score (Plymouth: Keith, 29 (8 goals) and Friio, 30 (12 goals), QPR: Thorpe, 29 (8 goals), Furlong, 35 (6 goals) and Gallen, 28 (11 goals)).

In order to do this it will be necessary to sell/release Matthews (even he's being realistic about his chances on the official site) and maybe one other striker for money; maybe Roberts as out of all our strikers he seems least up for the cause and that is almost as important as skill (you can have the best player in the world but if he's not up for it he's almost worthless). Please don't think I'm one of the Roberts bashers from the Dolman, I think he's a good player, but for me the right Roberts doesn't always turn up (plus I sit in the Ateyo :P ).

We don't need any more midfielders now we've got Goodfellow, and the defence is one of the best in the league but I still feel we need another strikers, as even thought we have lots already, they are not of the calibre (yet) to get us out of this division.

The transfer window does'nt apply to us, it only applies to Prem teams signing players, they are free to sell to Nationwide clubs.

I think it also states that DW won't be making anymore signings unless he manages to ship some of the dead wood out first.

I would definately keep Robbo. For me the long term strike force has to be Miller + Lita, and i think Robbo would provide adequate cover and good competition for both of these two, plus we have good cover for the right wing as well.

i don't think we need any more players to actively try to sell any players, but if a bid comes in for one or two of the players that aren't going to get into the side, then mabye a signing would be welcome. I don't think it is imperitive, but would be nice if people ofer us some money for a couple of players.

right idea, wrong player (s) Miller needs a better partner, and Robbo is going to be a winger, so its time to get someone to replace Peacock, top striker he may be, (allegedly) but he aint good enough for Div1 and I've serious doubts hes good enough for City, at this level- so Cureton may be a good idea, and this Forbes I believe is a midfielder, which is where we do have adequate strength.

Its all academic, though we dont have the money..

Archived