IGNORED

Christian Roberts/academy...

the_real_city

In the news across the Blue side of the bridge is a story I hope isn't true.

The Echo claims Christian Roberts returns to Cardiff almost every week to meet family and friends. Also it claims he has walked with Sam Hammam and the "Inner Circle" up in Breccon. Sam said: "Chrissy will always be a bluebird, he loves cardiff. I think if he stayed with us he would be an established international by now." He goes on to say.. "Christian has said to a few players here that his ambition is to return to Cardiff and help lead us to our ultimate goal, Premiership Football. I will answer his call."

Also.. Cardiff are set to achieve Academy Status and Sam will spend £1million a year on the scheme. Is it worth it? Afterall, Earnshaw wasnt an academy trained player and is an international and nationwide goal scoring machine.

Thanks. Good Luck BCFC.

"Christian has said to a few players here that his ambition is to return to Cardiff and help lead us to our ultimate goal, Premiership Football. I will answer his call."
Yeah, right :Laugh4:

As for the Academy, well we've put a lot of money into it and got pretty much diddley-squat back for it, well a few pennies for Rosenior. You have to look at the value of the players and the lesser wages we have to pay these younger players rather than buying players in. For me it's touch and go whether it's worth it, but it's nice to know they're our lads.

Archived