IGNORED

Clubs In Trouble - Transfer Targets

Guest Red Sinjen

Guest Red Sinjen

What with the financial problems facing QPR and Luton, the board really should be putting in some cheeky bids in an attempt to steal their best players. QPR hardly showed compaasion when they took Thorpe away from Luton. Its dog eat dog so I say cheeky bids for:

M Rowlands (QPR) £15,000

A Forbes (Luton) £10,000

C Carlisle (QPR) £35,000

D ######tu (QPR) £10,000

M Bircham (QPR) £15,000

M Spring (Luton) £10,000

In the hypothetical situation that the financial situations of these clubs worsen are there any other players from either club that would realistically strengthen our squad?

Whatever the outcome the board should definately be keeping tabs on the situation

Guest Red Sinjen

I did read the Evening Post, yesterday but I have also read the Evening Post more times then I can mention where we have been actively seeking new players, with names mentioned etc etc but to no avail and other times, where we have not been linked with anyone or Danny has actively ruled out any new faces for a sudden surprise signing. I am sure SL/CS/DW have even said before that they do not like to name players prior to signing them for the fear of alerting other clubs.

All I am just saying is that City should show the same ruthless streak by taking advantage of the clubs that are in perilous situations as QPR did with Luton. I am sure QPR would not show the slightest degree of compassion if they knew we were in administration and that they could sign our better players for next to nothing!

Its dog eat dog so I say cheeky bids for:

M Rowlands (QPR) £15,000

D ######tu (QPR) £10,000

M Bircham (QPR) £15,000

and i can just imagine holloways words now down the phone to wilson

after hearing those cheeky bids.. 1ST WORD starts with F AND 2ND WORD ENDS IN F :P:D

M Rowlands (QPR) £15,000

Rowlands? Forgive my ignorance but wasnt he the guy who available during the summer on a Bosman? The guy who is now being talked about as being Premiership quality? The guy who we failed to bring onboard because of

(1) We couldn't afford him.

(2) The management dont rate him.

(3) Why would we need him? We've Doherty & Burnell to run the show.

(4) We were our usual incompetant selves in the transfer market.

Cracking player or so i'm told but yet again we've missed the boat.

Hey Schutzhund don't mock, think back a bit. I didn't see anything wrong with John Shaw, Jimmy Mann, Norman Hunter or Bob Taylor and they all came from Leeds. Overall we can't complain at the Leeds rejects we've picked up over the years!

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

carlisle, bircham and rowlands would i think without a doubt be very good signings.

I think a space in the first team or at least the squad would be almost certain for any one of these players for me. But as said before funding could be a problem :D

Saying that if we can get them on the cheap we could sell soe of our not so good squad players for almost the same amount to recoup the losses and the money generated from extra gate receipts and promotion would almost certainly make up the money.

If we were to make a triple signing I'm 2000000% certain it will increase the gate reciept by quite a bit!

If we got those three i think i would wet myself. there is no way any of those players would leave for that little no matter what trouble QPR are in. Bircham is being tracked by Spurs, who have already had a substantially larger bid rejected, plus he is QPR through and through, so would not leave to go to any club at a similar level.

carlisle is one of the best defenders in this division, and again will not go for that little, there will be big clubs looking at him.

rowlands is good but he aint that good, if he goes, it will be to a struggling div 1 side, mabye a midtable side but not much higher as he simply is not good enough to cut it at the top of division 1.

Archived