IGNORED

3rd In The League

BCFChris

What is wrong with most people on this forum? We are 3rd in the league, have won 4 on the spin, yet still the majority of posters on here are still not happy!

Every other post contains moans about players/manager/the mangotsfield tea lady. Isnt it about time everybody started putting all this effort into supporting BCFC?

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest dez_gimred

partly in agreement...

i still cant believe people think we could lose this weekends match!

wheres the faith?

''where is the love?''

:P

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Its probably the same mentality where certain City fans feel the need to boo certain players. For example a certain chap who has just made 500 appearances was almost forced out of the club with people abusing him in the street or at his home.

And the need to boo a player because he decides to state the team he supports which happens to be a rival even though he give 100% for us.

Its time people stopped moaning at the team and got behind them. If for example 50% of the moaners starting singing encouragement we would have one of the loudest set of supporters in the land!!!

Guest BTR_FTG

Without moaning might I point out that your post appears predicated by the assumption that because City are 3rd in the table & have won four on the spin they are playing decent football. They're not. The standard of football in Div 2 this year is worse than awful, such that there is now a discernable divide between Divs 1 and 2, as there exists between the Nationwide & The Premiership. Whilst I'm the first leaping around the terrace at Griffin & Meadow my joy is tempered by the realisation that we've just 'got out of jail free' against sides who wouldn't look out of place on The Downs.

I'm happy we're winning. I can't say I'm happy being the third best footballing rabble in Div 2 & by far the greatest underachiever in the division. I can't say I'm happy that City continue to struggle to compete at this dreadful level. City should have blown away the rubbish in this division years ago, we shouldn't be competing against the likes of Wycombe & Rushden. Player for player compare the present side with those individuals who last gained us promotion. If there's more than one current player who'd make the best of side, I'll eat my bobble hat......

BTR

FTG

Guest Dolman Moaner

How long is it going to take some people to realise that this is a forum.

It is about debate, whether that be form, formation, players, the manager, the catering, whatever.

If we all agree and congratulate each other on everything it will become very boring.

Fun as they are, there are only so many times you can talk about where you sit, what the attendance will be etc etc.

I will be giving my full and vocal support to City for the full 90 minutes on Saturday and will applaud the team off the field whatever the result, as I always (maybe 1 or 2 exceptions over the years) do.

It doesn't mean I can't come on here and exchange my point of view on things after does it ?

Without moaning might I point out that your post appears predicated by the assumption that because City are 3rd in the table & have won four on the spin they are playing decent football. They're not.  The standard of football in Div 2 this year is worse than awful, such that there is now a discernable divide between Divs 1 and 2, as there exists between the Nationwide & The Premiership. Whilst I'm the first leaping around the terrace at Griffin & Meadow my joy is tempered by the realisation that we've just 'got out of jail free' against sides who wouldn't look out of place on The Downs.

I'm happy we're winning. I can't say I'm happy being the third best footballing rabble in Div 2 & by far the greatest underachiever in the division. I can't say I'm happy that City continue to struggle to compete at this dreadful level. City should have blown away the rubbish in this division years ago, we shouldn't be competing against the likes of Wycombe & Rushden. Player for player compare the present side with those individuals who last gained us promotion. If there's more than one current player who'd make the best of side, I'll eat my bobble hat......

BTR

FTG

Agree with all of that however, for our younger Brethren, why not list the last promotion team, in formation to prove your point?

Lets not forget though that we played the best football in the second divison last season. We were by far the best side I think over the whole season but the team playing Ugly football and grounding out wins by the odd goal won the league. Wigan didnt impress me with there football but they won the games so being pretty and playing "great" football doesnt always get you there.

I look at us in comparison to Cardiff last year, We have spent money when others havent and we have had ups and downs even to the point of people calling for the managers head.

Its still all to play for and by moaning now would be a bit like moaning in the middle of a film about it being rubbish, You never know it may just end up being brilliant...........Sorry not the best anoalogy but you get what I mean :D

Without moaning might I point out that your post appears predicated by the assumption that because City are 3rd in the table & have won four on the spin they are playing decent football. They're not.  The standard of football in Div 2 this year is worse than awful, such that there is now a discernable divide between Divs 1 and 2, as there exists between the Nationwide & The Premiership. Whilst I'm the first leaping around the terrace at Griffin & Meadow my joy is tempered by the realisation that we've just 'got out of jail free' against sides who wouldn't look out of place on The Downs.

BTR

FTG

I'm with you BTR..... winning we are, but its a thin line they walk at times, and the dire football played at Wycombe, Wrexham, and most of the 10 draws....hmm

By most criteria seen in previous seasons we should have wasted most of the teams..

As for survival, as it stands you must be a happy clappy if you reckon our current team could hack it in Div 1... wasted chances and slack defending on set pieces a perfect recipe for survival.

I cheer the Reds on every time, and dont even boo em off unless they are really ###### -step forward theat disgrace at Adamned Park, but I aint conviced of our ability to succeed this season...

Guest BTR_FTG

Bristol Boy

Suppose comparative XI's would be something like...

Welch Vs Philips (Ice man slightly better of a dodgy brace, & far more entertaining)

Young Carey Vs Complacent Carey (Young carefree 'un for I)

Taylor Vs Butler (Taylor never hit the wall as spectacularly as Butler)

Bell Vs Hill (Neither a defender of note so I'd go for Bell on height, ha, attacking, strikes & the fact that the petulant permo p**fter thought he was worth big wonga)

Locke Vs. Coles ( Coles everytime)

Edwards Vs Doc (Sicknote turned in half tidy 90 minute performances when his mum let him play, Doc's missing almost as much as Sicknote but without the excuse or engine)

Young Leg Tinns Vs Time Catches Up With Us All Tinns (If only we could knock ten years off him)

Owers Vs. Burnell/Wilkshire/Clist (Owers over any of them. Basic, limited, honest pro who knew what limited things he could do & did them consistantly)

Cramb Vs. Miller (Close call & Miller WILL come good real soon but until he starts scoring regularly Ole Colin Top Shelf just nicks it in my book)

Goater Vs Peacock (Feed The Goat & he will score, feed The Cock & he will come back asking for seconds...No contest)

Goodridge Vs. Roberts (Neither much cop but on the basis of speed, commitment & the fact that his crosses only found the back of the stand on three out of five occasions, as opposed to four, I'll give it to the ungloved rastaman)

As for the bench of Brennan, Murray, Torpey - well what else can be said...?

BTR

FTG

• Admin
What is wrong with most people on this forum? We are 3rd in the league, have won 4 on the spin, yet still the majority of posters on here are still not happy!

Every other post contains moans about players/manager/the mangotsfield tea lady. Isnt it about time everybody started putting all this effort into supporting BCFC?

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you happy with 3rd, in the worst division 2 (old 3 remember) for years, if the season hadn't had such a shaky start, we could and should ( for the money and backing the manager has had ) be top.

Archived