IGNORED

Danny Wilson

Bubble

Guest we8thegas
He didn't mention or even so much as allude to us in any way.

Grow up.

he doesn't have to mention us to have a dig,just f---ing saying the pr|ck comes out with some $h|t that seems directed at his treatment by us banghead.gif

f--- off wilson fan razz.gif

action-smiley-028.gif has a dig then forks off,d--khead disapointed2se.gif

he doesn't have to mention us to have a dig,just f---ing saying the pr|ck comes out with some $h|t that seems directed at his treatment by us banghead.gif

f--- off wilson fan razz.gif

action-smiley-028.gif has a dig then forks off,d--khead disapointed2se.gif

Er I can't read any reference to us in that at all - what I think he's is saying "job satisfaction is more important than money" is that he's happy where he is and has turned down what would probably have been quite a big pay rise. I'm no fan of his either but I think you're overeacting

Guest Bub The Zombie

the bloke was the most overrated boring tacticly stupid manager i think i have ever seen ( apart from pulis) and he wasted shed loads of cash in the process!

and then thought he would pull the wool over our eyes with the same line...

" this club needs stabilty and it might take a few years to do it"

but hey i will waste money on some crap players and give you as my last game in charge , the worst city preformance of all time against brighton at cardiff.

what a ######!!!

Guest ashtonyate
the bloke was the most overrated boring tacticly stupid manager i think i have ever seen ( apart from pulis) and he wasted shed loads of cash in the process!

and then thought he would pull the wool over our eyes with the same line...

" this club needs stabilty and it might take a few years to do it"

but hey i will waste money on some crap players and give you as my last game in charge , the worst city preformance of all time against brighton at cardiff.

what a ######!!!

You are so right

Guest we8thegas
Er I can't read any reference to us in that at all - what I think he's is saying "job satisfaction is more important than money" is that he's happy where he is and has turned down what would probably have been quite a big pay rise.  I'm no fan of his either but I think you're overeacting

Wilson claims that he could not turn his back on MK Dons, as he feels they have tremendous potential.
meaning he turned his back on us as we don't.

Sometimes job satisfaction comes before money

all what we paid him and he had a top3 team and no satisfaction working for us,his failure meant we had to make cutbacks and he threw the dummy out and walked disapointed2se.gif

Who forking cares?? He couldnt do the biz with us...he paid for it.......he aint a good manager, he never was, just good pr fooled us into getting him.

and here we are............ disapointed2se.gif

Guest martin

You Wilson slater get my goat. He did his best and just (3 times missed out on promotion). Danny gave it as he saw it: I personally enjoyed his straight talking. Wilson slaters grow up and move on: he has

Guest we8thegas
You Wilson slater get my goat. He did his best and just (3 times missed out on promotion). Danny gave it as he saw it: I personally enjoyed his straight talking. Wilson slaters grow up and move on: he has

You Wilson fans get my goat. He did his best and just wasn't good enough (3 times missed out on promotion). Danny gave it as he saw it: I personally enjoyed his exit. Wilson fan can you grow up and move on: he hasn't obviously,still bears a grudge,still over-rated laugh.gif

Guest ashtonyate

Wilson did not get us promoted the team was crap he had too go. I think tinnion will be a better bet to take this club foward.I don't wish wilson any harm but i am glad he went when he did after Cardiff.

Guest BeNeRz
Who forking cares?? He couldnt do the biz with us...he paid for it.......he aint a good manager, he never was, just good pr fooled us into getting him.

and here we are............ disapointed2se.gif

You What?

Wilson is a great manager and has done alot for city end of day he saved mk dons from relegation in a short space of time..

Was a premiership manager..

End of day you cant say he aint a good manager imo

Guest we8thegas
You What?

he saved mk dons from relegation in a short space of time..

torquay saved them from relegation not wilson wink.gif

i never owned a pair of those rose tinted danny wilson glasses razz.gif

still a few pairs about whistling.gif

Guest we8thegas
He was sacked actually, but don't let the facts get in the way of your argument.

He was sacked supposedly,truth is he couldn't work with the staff cut-backs after the brighton play-off farce which he cost us shedloads so he walked out and joined franchise f.c who only avioded the drop thanks to Torquay

Guest sambessey

... And not forgetting that Wrexham were docked 10 points. If they had not been, MKD would have been up **** creek a long time before the end of the season...

Guest we8thegas
... And not forgetting that Wrexham were docked 10 points. If they had not been, MKD would have been up **** creek a long time before the end of the season...

damn right

I was always quite impartial to Wilson.....He had long enough to get us up and blew it with play-off final tactics that made Tinnions early tactics seem genius.

We needed to try someone new after that and I was glad he left, but with good wishes....... Until he snubbed Tins at their place. Now, personally I think stuff him. Tins gave his best years for City under Wilson and didn't deserve that sort of attitude thrown his way. Most of what we8thegas said I disagree with (OTT to be honest), but when he said Wilson holds a grudge...he ain't wrong!!!!

It's time to put the Wilson era behind us and hope that Tins can succeed where DW failed. The signings he's made this close season, and the performances towards the end of last would suggest that he's getting there. praying smiley.gif

Guest martin

I'm sorry but We8the gas gives the predicted response of a fickle supporter. I don't remember too many complaints when we won 11 on the bounce. I remember the supporters singing 'One Danny Wilson' at Oldham with no dissenting voices. 3 months later you are all calling him what for. Cheap and nasty and generally leaves a bad taste.

Guest we8thegas
I'm sorry but We8the gas gives the predicted response of a fickle supporter. I don't remember too many complaints when we won 11 on the bounce. I remember the supporters singing 'One Danny Wilson' at Oldham with no dissenting voices. 3 months later you are all calling him what for. Cheap and nasty and generally leaves a bad taste.

o.k so it's just me then who does'nt rate him or his tactics,excuse me but he cheated me out of my money for the play-off final and f---ed up the top spot,fickle my arse.Very p---ed off he wasted 4 yrs for f--- all banghead.gif

11 on the bounce then bottled it or lost the plot,you decide blink.gif

o.k so it's just me then who does'nt rate him or his tactics,excuse me but he cheated me out of my money for the play-off final and f---ed up the top spot,fickle my arse.Very p---ed off he wasted 4 yrs for f--- all banghead.gif

11 on the bounce then bottled it or lost the plot,you decide blink.gif

No you aint alone, DW has been and gone. I would love to say he came, he conquered, but alas he didn't and was shown the door (belatedly IMHO).

With the new season fast approaching how about we all forget Danny Wilson and how wonderful/crap he was, and get behind our current manager?

Idea:

Is there any chance of there being a word filter on here that replaces DW's name with:

I'm sure there's a smiley that conveys an average, overpaid, unsuccessful ex-manager but I'm cant be arsed to look

So there razz.gif

My thoughts about DW are that we got all he was able to give from him, and he certainly got all he could out of us.

Interesting that as yet he hasn't taken any of his former players from here to join him.

Also regarding the Millwall job, maybe he is comfortable with life at MK Dons and wouldn't necessary be granted the same level of comfort if he moved?

The Wilson era has passed, look to the future not back. Hindsight is a great thing but unfortunately cannot be used.

Amen to that.

Some of these fans who have contributed to this thread are what make other teams hate us so much. The arrogance is unbelievable.

Thanx, now you come to mention it, you Wonderson lovers get up my snotbox too............and thank you I have moved on, did give him my best at the Dongs game though............ laugh.gif

Sorry, but I was then, and remembering how many of you lot started bitching after the entirely predictable no show at Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadiff, the signs of which were clearly present even during the eleven match run.............and even at Wycombe in October................

DW did his best to create a consistent, well-organised team from the rubbish that he had at the start of his reign. This team was constantly on the verge of promotion, but never quite crossed the line.

I supported the decision to remove DW after the desperately poor performance at Cardiff, but the amount of abuse he still reiceves on here is ridiculous.

The thing I remember Danny's reign by is his quote to Steve L after he had been sacked- "We had four years, we didn't quite make it, that's football" so let's move on and give the guy a break; other managers have done far worse things to our club.

Wilson did a good job with the team over the four years he was here. He couldnt get us up to the championship end of. Why are we continuely discussing DW. Is getting rather tiresome now. Good luck to DW at MK dons. Lets just move on and discuss our current manager and how we are going to get out of this division for the 05/06 season. city.gif

Agreed, Danny Wilson was a class manager here at the gate and dosnt deserve the amount of grief people on this board sometimes give him. Our team got better each year under him and the squad he assembled is what Tinnion mainly has now and we apparently have the best squad in the league so he must had done something right!! I say good luck to him with MK Dons who will envaribly do better this year without a doubt. So as others have said lets just get behind Tins and get our team where we should be. chant6ez.gif

Sadly the manager is always the scapegoat when things don't go right, Dannys final error, and probable one of only few, cos I really liked him, was not picking leroy for the playoff final.

Just like when things don't go right with Tinman, people are always too quick to jump on him. The players have to take some of the blame as well.

I hope that Danny does well in whatever he does.

Dollymarie

DW did his best to create a consistent, well-organised team from the rubbish that he had at the start of his reign. This team was constantly on the verge of promotion, but never quite crossed the line.

I supported the decision to remove DW after the desperately poor performance at Cardiff, but the amount of abuse he still receives on here is ridiculous.

The thing I remember Danny's reign by is his quote to Steve L after he had been sacked- "We had four years, we didn't quite make it, that's football" so let's move on and give the guy a break; other managers have done far worse things to our club.

Spot on.

Sadly the manager is always the scapegoat when things don't go right, Dannys final error, and probable one of only few, cos I really liked him, was not picking leroy for the playoff final.

Just like when things don't go right with Tinman, people are always too quick to jump on him.  The players have to take some of the blame as well.

I hope that Danny does well in whatever he does.

Dollymarie

Trouble is the buck always stops on the managers head hence thats why Tinnion had so much stick last season. We managers have to take the flack but then we take the credit when its due too. Its a hard life being a manager you know. farmer.gif

Agreed, Danny Wilson was a class manager here at the gate and dosnt deserve the amount of grief people on this board sometimes give him. Our team got better each year under him and the squad he assembled is what Tinnion mainly has now and we apparently have the best squad in the league so he must had done something right!! I say good luck to him with MK Dons who will envaribly do better this year without a doubt. So as others have said lets just get behind Tins and get our team where we should be.  chant6ez.gif

And its amazing, but we're still here, for all the GREAT team Wonderson assembled hey............... rofl2br.gif

Guest we8thegas
the squad he assembled is what Tinnion mainly has now

brooker

stewart

skuse

wring

heywood

j smith

g smith

j anyinsah

s golbourne

russell

lita(plays 90mins under tinman)

mostly wilsons team eh whistling.gif

flapper

coles

carey

murray

bell(out)

doc(will be out)

Guest martin

My complaint for what it is worth is plain and simple: too many people on here like to give the manager vitriolic stick: that has been the same for Wilson and Tinman: In both situations I don't subscribe to it. Wilson got it wrong in the big one and Tinman was never going to be an instant success: this season hopefully: but Boy does he need support not abuse (and somehow I just can't see people like We8the gas giving him that: first bad result and moaners like him, England and their ilk will once again be calling for his head. Depressing and childish.

Guest we8thegas
My complaint for what it is worth is plain and simple: too many people on here like to give the manager vitriolic stick: that has been the same for Wilson and Tinman: In both situations I don't subscribe to it. Wilson got it wrong in the big one and Tinman was never going to be an instant success: this season hopefully: but Boy does he need support not abuse (and somehow I just can't see people like We8the gas giving him that: first bad result and moaners like him, England and their ilk will once again be calling for his head. Depressing and childish.

I'VE STOOD BY TINMAN ALL SEASON AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO AS HE GOT MORE UP HIS SLEEVE THAN DANNY BLOODY WILSON,JUST REMEMBER HE SNUBBED TINS NOT ME YOU P---- NOW GROW UP AND F--- OFF Crazy.gif

NEVER MOANED AT TINS,IF YOU'DE READ MY POSTS YOU WOULD SEE THE OPPOSITE banghead.gif

Guest we8thegas
handbags.gif

Quite right too, we8thegas!

Dollymarie

187 posts since he joined and most of that was probably drivel,come to think of it hasn't been on for a while,probably back to sing wilsons praises banghead.gif

Guest martin

By the way We8the gas it would be good to see you contribute to a debate without resorting to foul abuse: not done to you so don't expect you to do it to me. Reasoned debate is what this forum is about.

Guest martin

No haven't been on too much as there is often a negative strand on this forum that I find too tiresome to contest. Just because I don't agree with you does not mean that I condemn all of your posts which is obviously a different perspective to you. Never mind I can live with it

Guest we8thegas
No haven't been on too much as there is often a negative strand on this forum that I find too tiresome to contest. Just because I don't agree with you does not mean that I condemn all of your posts which is obviously a different perspective to you. Never mind I can live with it

yes sir costumed-smiley-089.gif

Guest BeNeRz
By the way We8the gas it would be good to see you contribute to a debate without resorting to foul abuse: not done to you so don't expect you to do it to me. Reasoned debate is what this forum is about.

rofl2br.gif

Like my old english teacher! innocent.gif

Can someone please be kind enough to explain

WHY CERTAIN PEOPLE STILL PINE OVER DANNY BLOODY WILSON, MORE THAN A YEAR AFTER HE WAS SACKED FOR BEING DECIDEDLY ...ERM ... MEDIOCRE?

I don't know whether to sleeping.gif or doh.gif

Please everyone try to draw a line under danny wilson, I have, look.

DANNY WILSON

Support BT and the lads NOW and we may just acheive something starting in august.

Guest AndyKat87

Wilson was a good manager, Thumbs up to him!, Tinnion still is not the answer, no way will he bring auto-promotion!!

brooker

stewart

skuse

wring

heywood

j smith

g smith

j anyinsah

s golbourne

russell

lita(plays 90mins under tinman)

mostly wilsons team eh whistling.gif

flapper

coles

carey

murray

bell(out)

doc(will be out)

I said the majority of the team. If you look at the list you just posted you'll notice that most of the players we've just signed or came through the academy so yeh jamie smith and brooker ill accept, but the others are what i meant by saying main nucleus of team. Anyisnsah, skuse, wring, goldbourne and lita were part of the squad but werent chosen by danny wilson cos either they werent good enough or they were being loaned out to get more football. They've obviously improved over this past year which is why tinnion (who bases more emphisis on youth then danny wilson did) gives the guys a chance cos they are the future of city and the more they play the better they will get. Last year was a transitional year for many of our players and they should play even better this year.

Guest we8thegas
I said the majority of the team. If you look at the list you just posted you'll notice that most of the players we've just signed or came through the academy so yeh jamie smith and brooker ill accept, but the others are what i meant by saying main nucleus of team. Anyisnsah, skuse, wring, goldbourne and lita were part of the squad but werent chosen by danny wilson cos either they werent good enough or they were being loaned out to get more football. They've obviously improved over this past year which is why tinnion (who bases more emphisis on youth then danny wilson did) gives the guys a chance cos they are the future of city and the more they play the better they will get. Last year was a transitional year for many of our players and they should play even better this year.

feel like i'm banghead.gif when it comes to wilson fans,he's gone,no good,over-rated and yep.......GONE snack.gif

Guest martin
feel like i'm  banghead.gif when it comes to wilson fans,he's gone,no good,over-rated and yep.......GONE snack.gif

Correction: not Wilson fans but people who subscribe to theory that he was a decent manager, some of us also believe that Tinman will be a decent manager given some support

Guest annanimo

It's amazing that after all this time, we're all very divided over Danny Wilson. ranting.gif

I thought it was a strange appointment at the time, but he did OK even if he made a few mistakes. Obviously the play-off was a disappointment, but would our opinions of him be any better if we had won? Probably.

He had this label of "ex-Premiership" manager having successfully led Sheffield Wednesday into oblivion, doh.gif and as a result of this too many of us over-rated him and expected more of him than he was able to give.

Despite my own criticisms of him, I can't quite understand why he has become this great hate figure. He worked hard but ultimately was too tactically naive.

He's evidently enjoying himself at MK Dons, doing what he does best - fighting relegation battles - so I think as he's managed to move on it's important for City fans to look forward too.

Hopefully to promotion under Tim-Man city.gif

Wilson was a good manager, Thumbs up to him!, Tinnion still is not the answer, no way will he bring auto-promotion!!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifcrying.gif

Ah, the comedy turn appears w00t.gif

Wonderson, good.................................. w00t.gifw00t.gif

Archived