IGNORED

Wilkishire In Oceania Olympic Qualifiers

Guest Vapor

Hi,

I'm one of the officials at The Olympic (U23) Games Qualifying Tournament for Oceania (Group A). Apart from loving football, playing myself and my boy also plays (for Marconi), I do volunteer work for tournaments such as this.

By the way, I'm not an Aussie, I'm a Brit.

I just thought I'd let you know about one of your players, Luke Wilkshire, who plays for Australia. They played Samoa on Wednesday and won 6-0, Wilkshire got scored a penalty and played well while Australia struggled a bit in the first half. The second half was far more incisive.

Wilkshire would probably get a better run in Bristol City reserves, but I can let you know how he's getting on anyway.

They play Papua New Guinea in about 7 hrs from now.

Guest east_dundry_red

We don't want him in the reserves, we want him in the first team  :D

May be he's trying to say he'd get better competition in City Reserves than from Samoa!

typical official blind as a bat

WTF is that for ? I'd never bloody well heard of Luke Wilkshire, why would I ... he plays for Bristol City for christ's sake (no offence) !! So I'm looking down the Oceania Qualifiers program and I see he plays for BC, so I decide to do a nice thing and find this forum and let you guys know how he's getting on !!

I happen to be a PE teacher and football coach (I am a VOLUNTEER for these qualifiers) so my knowledge of the game is quite sound, if you don't want me to comment about one of YOUR players, I won't waste my bloody time ... I don't have to do this you know. I thought you might want to know how well he's playing considering I sit on the touchline next to the bloody dugout during the games !!

Are people that ###### ungrateful ?

Wind your neck in two acres red

Thank you to those of you replied, and who are actually intelligent enough to comprehend a very straighforward post.

As far as the topic is concerned, Luke Wilkshire didn't play vs Papua New Guinea, the Australian side that was put out was a slightly weakened team to give some of the fringe players a run. Papua New Guinea are widely regarded as the weakest team in this group, with Samoa and the Solomon Islands next up, and then Fiji (who are strong for this zone) and then Australia, who of course are a class above them.

Australia don't play today, the other island nations all play each other. Australia play again on Tuesday and Thursday night (7.30pm local time). I would hazard a guess that Luke would play in both of the remaining games. I did actually chat to Frank Farina, but I'm afraid it was just about the set-up of the dressing rooms and whether he wanted milk in his coffee, so no inside information ... apologies, I'll try harder.

I watched Fiji closely the other day in their 4-1 win over the Solomons. They were powerful and fast, and did score 3 superb goals ... I think their weakness is going to be their tactical knowledge and their lacks of experience as compared to the Australians.

When Australia overcome Fiji, all that stands in Luke's way of playing at the Olympics against some of the best young players in the world, is 2 play off games against the winner of Oceania Group 2 which should be New Zealand. Those games are on 26th January (in Sydney, assuming qualification) and then on 30th, these games are played on a home and away basis.

WTF is that for ?  I'd never flaming well heard of Luke Wilkshire, why would I he plays for Bristol City for christ's sake !!  So I'm looking down the Oceania Qualifiers program and I see he plays at BC, so I decide to do a nice thing and find the forum and let you guys know how he's getting on !!

I happen to be a PE teacher and football coach (I am a VOLUNTEER for these qualifiers) so my knowledge of the game is quite sound, if you don't want me to comment about one of YOUR players, I won't waste my bloody time ... I don't have to do this you know.

Wind your neck in two acres red

Thank you to those of you replied, and who are actually intelligent enough to comprehend a very straighforward post.

As far as the topic is concerned, Luke WIlkshire didn't play vs Papua New Guinea, the Australian side that was put out was a slightly weakened team to give some of the fringe players a run.  Papua New Guinea are widely regarded as the weakest team in this group, with Samoa and the Solomon Islands next up, and then Fiji (who are strong for this zone) and then Australia, who of course are a class above them.

Australia don't play today, the other island nations all play each other.  Australia play again on Tuesday and Thursday night (7.30pm local time).  I would hazard a guess that Luke would play in both of the remaining games.  I did actually chat to Frank Farina, but I'm afraid it was just about the set-up of the dressing rooms and whether he wanted milk in his coffee, so no inside information ... apologies.

Miserable sod.

BS4

Don't worry about the odd comments, keep the reports coming and if your boy or any of his peers look like being any good the let our academy know! ... they're happy to look at all local talent (local planet that is)

Archived