IGNORED

3-3 Draw

Guest Loyal Glover

Guest Loyal Glover

Hi,

I tried to get an answer to this question in an earlier thread:...

I only went to Ashton Gate 3-times (twice in the 70s) and once with a Gas head mate in the early 90s). However, I seem to recall one of the 70s games being a 3-3 draw where all the goals were penalties!! One of the games was Sheffield Wednesday and the other might have been Wolves (both circa 1976).

Does anyone remember such a game, or did I dream it?

Cheers

Hi,

I only went to Ashton Gate 3-times (twice in the 70s) and once with a Gas head mate in the early 90s).  However, I seem to recall one of the 70s games being a 3-3 draw where all the goals were penalties!!  One of the games was Sheffield Wednesday and the other might have been Wolves (both circa 1976).

Cheers

No but I do remember getting there late once and while queuing to get in the old open end the score went from 0-0 to 2-2, no other goals were scored in the game either, no idea who it was but would have been league match early 90s

Hi,

I only went to Ashton Gate 3-times (twice in the 70s) and once with a Gas head mate in the early 90s).  However, I seem to recall one of the 70s games being a 3-3 draw where all the goals were penalties!!  One of the games was Sheffield Wednesday and the other might have been Wolves (both circa 1976).

Cheers

There was a game against Wolves in the old first division - we lost 3-2 and i think there were three penalties, two for them and one for us. doh.gif

Guest Loyal Glover
Opening game of the 1978/79 season, home to Wolves.  City lost 2-3 with both of City's goals and two of Wolves' being penalties!

I am sure that is the one then - definitely wolves, but I thought it was 3-3, anyway 4 penalties in one game is pretty amazing.

Thanks

Archived