IGNORED

Jamaica Independence Day

Chivs

There was an article in yesterday's BEP describing the forthcoming Jamiaca Independence Day celebrations in Bristol. This reminded me of a thought I had recently after a holiday in Tobago in the Caribbean.

Whilst in Tobago I noticed that many of the locals wore England shirts. I asked them why they were wearing these and they replied "just because we like them".

Why don't we try and get them to wear BCFC shirts? Bristol has a big Caribbean community. BCFC could give away 50 shirts to the Jamaica Independence Day organisers and also send 50 shirts to a Jamaican Social Club in Jamaica. This would be a good community relations act and I feel that if the shirt became popular in Jamaica it could be a bestseller. Of course the shirts may just end up in the dustbin. But surely 100 shirts is worth a punt?

What do you think?

PS I was going to put this on the SteveL Forum but it's closed. I was also going to volunteer to take the shirts personally. biggrin.gif

Guest TheOne

Nout to do with the "Jamiaca Independence Day" but the place in general realy... biggrin.gif

My Parents are in Jamica as we speak, I had a phone call from the last weekend saying "guess who's staying in our Hotel...?", I gave up and just said "Who", they siad "the one and only Wayne Rooney", I yawned and just said " ok folks whatever", they said seriously he's over here as one of his best mates were getting married, he spoke to my Mum and Dad in the bar. Apparently my Dad asked if he could speak to my Son ( that would be me biggrin.gif ) before he leaves, my dad told me to have my phone handy around 5p.m. tonight biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif if he billy bullsh!tting I'll have him biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif let's see then sha'll we I'm armed and ready!!!!

Not to keen on the bloke but it's not everyday you get a phone call from Wayne Rooney isit.

Why can't I have a free shirt?

Looking at your avatar, you've already got one on.

Or why not donate shirts to youth teams?

Because youth teams don't tend to spend any money on purchasing more shirts.

My suggestion was meant as a money making opportunity.

We've got enough trouble providing African dictators with their new jets without bl##dy shirts for Jamaicans.

What about money and shirts for the English?

Robert Mugabe is down to his last 50 Mill, thats why.........kicking a k...man when he's down, shifty.gifshifty.gif

and those poor Glasto types who lost their tents should get the shirts farmer.gif

Robert Mugabe is down to his last 50 Mill, thats why.........kicking a k...man when he's down, shifty.gif  shifty.gif

and those poor Glasto types who lost their tents should get the shirts farmer.gif

If they can afford to go to Glastonbury they can afford to buy their own shirt - I know SL was charitable in giving BT a job and happy to take loads of kids on at the academy and then give them away but I don't think we are a registered charity

Its 7:30 pm.

Call for William Bullshitter-William Bullshitter to the red phone please.

Thank you

I don't really follow what you're saying.

I assume you are referring to a mildly amusing 1950's sitcom. Sorry, I didn't get to see it.

If you're suggesting I'm a bullshitter then you couldn't be further from the truth (on this occasion).

We've got enough trouble providing African dictators with their new jets without bl##dy shirts for Jamaicans.

What about money and shirts for the English?

How would shirts for the English earn BCFC money?

My suggestion was to get the Bristol Caribbean community involved in BCFC.

Archived