IGNORED

Lee Matthews?

Claverham_Red

On the radio just now he said he expected some stick from Rovers and City fans, but that once he started scoring goals he would hope the Rovers fans would support him.

Have to say he sounded really positive and focussed about the move and on getting his career back on track.

Good luck to him :)

I was going to post a thread about "who wants him to do well" but there has'nt really been any disgruntled fans moaning about it.

For him, i hope it works. For the gas i hope it doesnt.

What more can i say.

Good luck to him. He has shown on occasions how good he can be, but due to injuries, has been unable to it on a more regular basis.

His career at City is effectively over, unless of course he scores loads of goals for the Gas, and the club decide to offer him a new contract (can't see it happening but you never know).

As he has admitted, he needs to really keep focussed, stay fit and score goals in the coming months. Otherwise he could well find himself unemployed in the Summer.

at a critical time of the season it's important that the whole squad is fit and on top of their game

if matthews can get match fit by going out on loan then fine

you never know when your first choice striker is going to go down with an injury, you've only got to look at last seasons game against qpr when we lost our front two strikers in a matter of minutes!

i would rather matthews was on loan at another club, but if we get an injury or two to any of the first choice lee's then hopefully matthews can come back in match fit and raring to go

Guest Eddie Hitler

Surely everybody's hoping he stays injury free, plays well and joins a new club in the summer. If it's rovers then that's better than nothing.

It's not his fault he's always injured, it would be a great shame to see such a decent forward drop to non-league at his age.

Guest KingswoodRed

Hate to bring an oldie up but if not for Darlington moving in for the guy before, I had a reliable source that told me he was heading for Rovers (forum documented).

He (Matthews) said then, that if he got stick from the Gas fans he would end the loan spell there and than & come straight back.

I wish him well & hope for his sake he does well. In fact I hope he is their top scorer in every game with him being the only scorer of a hatrick in each game. Just as long as the opposition score four or more between them :)

Archived