IGNORED

How Much Did We Really Get For Scott?

94th Minute

For a player who was out of contract in 12 months time i think that £650k was a good deal. yes it may be split up over apps, promotion/success but when there was no money around 650k was good. I also think that murrays transfer fee was the biggest in the nationwide during the summer (although this could be wrong!)

There was no guarantee that murray was going to sign a new deal so it was a good thing to cash in while we still could.

Guest alex_mike

£650k is a rip off we should have told them 1million or no player hes worth 1 to 1.5m at least! we will never have a player like him again we got ripped off i tell you :Rage:

Think the point that a few of you are missing is that he was out of contract at the end of this season and could go for free.

A Watford fan says they would be prepared to pay £1.5M so it must be true!

No-one in the 1st would have paid 1M for Murray due to the economy of football at the moment and the all important fact that they could have him for nothing in a years time.

I was as sad as the next person that Murray went and think that he is the reason why we will not get promotion this season but the money offered had to be taken.

I think we got more money for muury than the board let on

ie got £1m for him,but told us they only got approx£650k

The reason i say this is

They say they got approx £650k and of that they have reinvested £550k=most fans are happy :D

If they told us they got £1m for murry and reinvested £550k most fans would by now screeming to the board to put their hands in their pockets and spend the rest of the money :clap:

don't be stupid - their is no point in the board lying over how much money they recieved for murray, as all the financial figures will be posted at the end of the FY.

Selling murray was the right thing to do, if he had stayed on another year and walked out on a free then he would not be the city hero he is today. Tony thorpe is a good example of this, look how much respect he holds with the city fans!!

If they told us they got £1m for murry and reinvested £550k most fans would by now screeming to the board to put their hands in their pockets and spend the rest of the money :D

If this were true it would be pretty dumb as it would soon come to light when either City's or Reading's figures were declared at the end of the financial year. :clap:

Edit. Sorry PC (ca) you beat me to it.

Archived