IGNORED

Leroy Please Stay

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Guest twaters

Well what can i say when so many have already said everything.

1. who is to say your amazing form wont continue if you leave now and change you lifestyle, like Murray?

2. Will Reading look after you aswell as Tinnion or city in terms of helping you be settled and enjoying your football.

3. Staying another season will certainly put you in the city hall of fame with the fans, and your likely to perform well again raising your reputation and pulling in a premiership club.

I don't know what to say, go if you honestly think it is right, but if there is any doubt in your mind then don't throw away what you have built here, stay another season, help the club out and sign a new contract with a non promotion release fee that suits city and yourself and build on one more season at this level playing with Marcus Stewart, Who knows you might learn somthing.

Anyway do what you feel is best for you dude. Good Luck.

leroy if you read this forum, which i think you might do just to see our reaction think of this

you accept readings offer of some more money and championship football and get cheered as much as all the other signings by the reading crowd...all very nice

or you could....

reject reading, sign a new contract with us with some type of clause in it allowing you to speak to another club if a certain fee is proposed, ensuring the club who started you career gets a fair bit of dosh. This new contract will give you more money. Imagine the cheer you will get when the team list is read out before the match. I reckon it would be more or relatively similar to that of marcus Stewart. Everyone will run up to you in town, shake your hand, ask for autographs, scream (girls of corse wink.gif ), and treat you like a god...imagine all the free drinks you will be bought.

now leroy if you ask me the 2nd option is way more attractive

stay in the tinman revolution!

Leroy, sign for couple more years here mate. To leave for Reading is to sell yourself short. Wait for that Premiership deal .. it will come. don't let your greedy agent make a quick buck. YOU CAN DO BETTER ...

There's more to this than just the board deciding to cash in on our most valuable assett.

In less than a years time, he will be able to leave the club for nothing. At Christmas (on his current contract) his value will have dropped because of how long is left on his contract. He is also yet to sign an extension to his current contract (for whatever reason that may be - supposedly agents).

If we sell him now, then it will be for a hell of a lot more money than it would be in a few months time - it's better to receive something for a player rather than nothing at all.

By the board accepting this bid, it could also mean that although a contract is on the table (and probably negotiable at this stage) then they are not prepared to lose out on this propsed deal. This could also be a kick to Leroy to get these ages problems sorted, and get the contract signed.

He's not going yet, and hopefully he won't be either, but don't start slagging the bloke off. He is after all still a part of this club.

Preston had a bid for Fortune accepted around about this time last year, and he turned around and said he wanted to stay. There is some loyalty in football still, and hopefully loyalty will prevail in this case as well.

If in the worst case scenario he does go though, no single player is bigger than this club.

I just hope to god that this offer that has been accepted is around about £900k+ up front, although this is the same club that are not playing another former City striker because they'd have to pay his previous club an additional £50k. Otherwise all hell will break lose.

Just hope that Leroy decides to stay praying smiley.gif

Guest BCFC.Ady65

LEROY, don't go , just look at what Reading did to scott murray, he went there for 6 months and then had to get his career back on track, back at city,don't think of the money, your still young, give us one more season and get us promoted, and play along side marcus to form an invincible strike force.

Guest BCFC.Ady65

no point in going to reading leroy, we will change places with them at the end of this coming season, so just put your championship debut on hold until city are there next season. city.gifcostumed-smiley-034.gif

Guest annanimo

Leroy!!!!!!!!

Stay at City and help get us up! We need your goals!

You have the potential to be a City legend. Don't give it up to play in Reading's reserves.

Preston had a bid for Fortune accepted around about this time last year, and he turned around and said he wanted to stay. There is some loyalty in football still, and hopefully loyalty will prevail in this case as well.

i agreed with what you said but just pulled this point and emphasised on it

surely the marcus stewart story shows that there is still loyalty in the game dunno.gif

But surely, if he turnt Reading down, he would sign a new City contract? therefor xmas time hisvalue would of hopefully grown?

Yes, but who's to say he'd sign it for definate anyway?

Guest Niall

Leroy - Not from me (sadly, I understand why your head might be turned at the prospect of playing against the likes of Cardiff, Crewe Stoke, Burnley and Brighton) but my eight year old son Edward would like you to stay.....

Maybe the BCFC board aren't as convinced as you that Leroy isn't just a one-season wonder?

How convinced are YOU that he is the real deal?

In which case, why not just take the money?

Guest basils2005

STAY LEROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 chant6ez.gif SCOTT was poo when he came back from reading. MATE DON'T BE LIKE HIM STAY BE A HERO, ONE DAY MAY HAVE A STAND NAMED AFTER YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 STAY

Guest Simsey

LEROY you've got to stay at bristol city mate as joing reading would put your footballing career back as they are going nowhere and they are NOT a bigger team than us.

STAY AT BRISTOL CITY AND FIRE BRISTOL CITY TO PROMOTION TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

IF YOU GO YOU WILL REGRET IT, JUST ASK SCOTTY WHO WAS IN HIS BEST FORM WHEN HE LEFT US BUT WHEN HE WENT TO READING HE LOST HIS FORM, WHY? BECAUSE READING LACK THE MOTIVATION OF PLAYERS UNLIKE BRISTOL CITY.

FINALLY LEORY YOU OWE IT BRIAN TINNION, STEVE LANSDOWN AND ALL THE FANS AT BRISTOL CITY TO REJECT READING AND STAY WITH BRISTOL CITY - YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.

LEROY you've got to stay at bristol city mate as joing reading would put your footballing career back as they are going nowhere and they are NOT a bigger team than us.

STAY AT BRISTOL CITY AND FIRE BRISTOL CITY TO PROMOTION TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

IF YOU GO YOU WILL REGRET IT, JUST ASK SCOTTY WHO WAS IN HIS BEST FORM WHEN HE LEFT US BUT WHEN HE WENT TO READING HE LOST HIS FORM, WHY? BECAUSE READING LACK THE MOTIVATION OF PLAYERS UNLIKE BRISTOL CITY.

FINALLY LEORY YOU OWE IT BRIAN TINNION, STEVE LANSDOWN AND ALL THE FANS AT BRISTOL CITY TO REJECT READING AND STAY WITH BRISTOL CITY - YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.

What about the possibility that Murray maybe, just maybe, might not have been up to Championship standard?

Guest dogs "Bs"

pinch.gif Reading!!!!!

somewhere you go past on the way to some where better!

Wise move to stay in the best place and save the petrol.

Guest Bristol Argyle

ranting.gif You lot really are sad delusional freaks aren't you!

Bristol City "We're massive"

Southampton "We're Premiership"

Bristol Rovers "We're bigger than League Two"

Exeter "We're Football League"

Cardiff "We're Europe material"

All make me (I tried to say a naughty word)ing laugh/furious. You're as big as where your football team sits. This means you are perennial play-off failures until you prove otherwise - which I do believe you have a chance of doing this season, but it'll still be 10 years til you're where Reading/Preston/etc are. Even Plymouth, Hull, Luton, Millwall, QPR, Stoke would represent a step up for any City player.

Living in Bristol is a real education for me, I've never known such arrogant "We're better than we actually are" football fans ever. When Argyle are away, I see City quite a bit living in Southville, and I have to say you are a poorer side than the like of Forest, Brighton, Cardiff, Crewe and Gillingham - who are really crap for CCC level.

Reading is a massive step up for Leyroy and it's clear he sees it too. Get over yourselves, Reading are a much bigger club than you and always will be.

I personally would sell Lita and play Marcus and Brooker up front, as they have the potential to score the goals to get you up. Lita could be a massive flash in the pan.

Guest Ashton Kate

GUTTED OR WHAT! Leroy this could be OUR year. Wouldn,t you like to be playing for Bristol City in the Championship next year scoring AGAINST Reading. I think you owe Brian at least one more season, that man put his faith and trust in you last season and you repaid him well, DON'T GO LEROY THE GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS greener on the other side ask Louis Carey and Scott Murray.

Guest Bootylicious

If he wants to go then GO!!

We only want players who are 110% committed to helping BCFC get promotion.

Let him GO and FLOP at Reading (because he will), the money grabbing g!t! ranting.gif

Leroy, you are worth better than bleeding Reading - look what happened to Murray there. Coppell's teams (and I say this as a Palace fan) are noted for playing it high and wide, an ugly approach that doesn't suit your game.

Iif you DO go - wait till the January transfer window and West Ham may be prepared to take a punt...

Guest Lenny

Erm, so much for this straight promotion talk and NOT FOR SALE sign. I know money talks but you need to speculate to accumulate as the old saying goes.

city.gif Stay Leroy, you'll remain a superstar here or go back to sitting on a bench further down the M4.

Guest Dorset Red
Wheres the bloody Loyalty you muppet, which team was it who believed in you and gave you a chance.(sorry to be so mean but he has really peed me off!)

This is exactly what a great many Swindon Supporters were saying to Grunt Sniff just before he signed for you lot! Doesn't seem so funny when the boot is on the other foot does it? What goes around comes around I guess!

rofl2br.gif

i wouldnt call him a disloyal git! what has he done thats been disloyal? Failed to sign a new contract because supposedly he had agents problems

couldnt we break his finger so the move fails on a medical?  devil.gif

You don't think his agent has engineered this propose move? Just like every other young prospect at this club his agent has touted his name round.

Also i am convinced the club are not innocent in this passage of events. Remember a few weeks ago it was said leroy was unhappy and landsdown said, 'we are still hopeful he will sign' well i believe this was put in the paper to attract clubs, which it evidentally has.

Interesting comments from leroy on reading site, 'if the move isnt right, i'll stay in bristol' also 'its not about money (blah blah)' bet his agent was happy with that!!

Guest Mr. Reading

Someone start a proper petition.

We should show Leroy that we want him to stay just as much as Brum didn't want Lee Bowyer. If he gets wind of it it might be just the incentive that he needs.

Leroy, we love you man. Reading is a sideways move, stay with us this year and get us back up with them. Please.

This made me laugh when I first read it, just thought I'd bring it up again, hope not to make anyone sour (city are my tip for the league 1 title next year I'll tell you all) but come on, sideways move? Honestly. :doh:

This made me laugh when I first read it, just thought I'd bring it up again, hope not to make anyone sour (city are my tip for the league 1 title next year I'll tell you all) but come on, sideways move? Honestly. :doh:

Did you really need to bring that up?? :blink:

Guest MaloneFM

Sorry old chap can't read the post properly. Been on the bouncy castle we bought with your million quid. Better not go on it too long or it will bring up all the jelly and ice cream we have been stuffing ourselves with all season.

Bought with your million quid.

Sorry old chap can't read the post properly. Been on the bouncy castle we bought with your million quid. Better not go on it too long or it will bring up all the jelly and ice cream we have been stuffing ourselves with all season.

Mr Malone, please don't forget the excess Pimm's that we consumed either. Glad we didn't have a clause on number of games Leroy had to play.

Guest Cider Army

COME BACK LEROY! (DEEP DOWN YOU KNOW IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf: )

COME BACK LEROY! (DEEP DOWN YOU KNOW IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf: )

Guest Mr. Reading

It was hard to type it as well, been on the beer over here after our premiership promotion party. Leroy's practise penalties weren't going in today, a shame that seeing as he's scored a fair few awesome goals this season (

for just a few of them).

All bought with a very well spent million quid that gave the whole side the belief. :)

As for the leg, looking in good shape, ready for next season :D

Guest MaloneFM

Mr Malone, please don't forget the excess Pimm's that we consumed either. Glad we didn't have a clause on number of games Leroy had to play.

Sssh Cinker that was our own private party arranged by Sir Steve Purdown in the gantry. Thanks for arranging the floozies and the Jammie Dodgers by the way, scrum diddly umptious.

Bought with Readings million quid.

It was hard to type it as well, been on the beer over here after our premiership promotion party. Leroy's practise penalties weren't going in today, a shame that seeing as he's scored a fair few awesome goals this season (

for just a few of them).

All bought with a very well spent million quid that gave the whole side the belief. :)

Yeah, but he may leave for a better team in the summer. Oh, that sell on clause :dance:

Guest MaloneFM

Didn't ask. Don't care. He is a soon to be relagated Reading player.

But I'm just glad you think he's 'awesome' there buddy. He sure makes one fine running quaterback in the soccerball. Must dash, big do on at our place tonight.

Sponsored by Reading.

Oh and if Liam Little gave you lot belief. Please buy Baz Savage. He is beyond it.

Guest Mr. Reading

Didn't ask. Don't care. He is a soon to be relagated Reading player.

But I'm just glad you think he's 'awesome' there buddy. He sure makes one fine running quaterback in the soccerball. Must dash, big do on at our place tonight.

Sponsored by Reading.

Oh and if Liam Little gave you lot belief. Please buy Baz Savage. He is beyond it.

You can hang on to Bas, our gift in exchange for Leroy :)

Yeah, but he may leave for a better team in the summer. Oh, that sell on clause :dance:

Even if he does, o well, got us to the Premiership that's all I care of!

Guest MaloneFM

In case you have just crawled out of bed old love. Your gift for Liam Little was ONE MILLION BIG FELLAHS.

Which we are enjoying to the max. And which we keep hidden behing a great big joke (maybe Baz).

Because you will never see it.

for just a few of them).

Fair plat to you mate, and jealous..............you will never belive how much.

Take the prem by storm and our beloved Leroy score loads.

Good on you.................. :englandsmile4wf:

All the press quotes leading up to their promotion, kept mentioning how they had done it on a "shoestring" budget. What do you have your shoestrings made of in Reading?

I am off to taste Malones food for him again. It's a tough job but someone's got to do it..... :whistle:

Guest Mr. Reading

All the press quotes leading up to their promotion, kept mentioning how they had done it on a "shoestring" budget. What do you have your shoestrings made of in Reading?

I am off to taste Malones food for him again. It's a tough job but someone's got to do it..... :whistle:

You all keep forgetting, Reading didn't buy Leroy, he was a gift from our chairman. The rest of the squad cost a pittance

Guest Ron

You all keep forgetting, Reading didn't buy Leroy, he was a gift from our chairman. The rest of the squad cost a pittance

Sounds mafia to me :ph34r:

Archived