IGNORED

For He's A Jolly Good Fellow!

Guest dolminator

Guest dolminator

:):D What a result, 4-0 wow!

What a great signing from Danny Wilson. Goodfellow is amazing. Another Murray perhaps.

Du think now we have him on board we can get promoted!

Yes maybe we have unearthed a real gem there. 2 Goals in 2 Games can't ask for any more. 5 games on the spin can now be classed as a 'run', and long may it continue.

Now hows that for positive from openEnd?

Maybe, just maybe I see the turning of that corner we have been waiting for.

Looking at the top 2 it's just as well we have gained max points in 5 games otherwise we would be trying to spot a pair of dots on the horizon.

Glad to see you are coming round openend - just brought my reason to be cheerful from 5 games ago to the top of the forum. To me nothing has changed we have just started to turn performance into wins, and win even when we are not at our best.

He's very quick and has good feet with an obvious eye for goal - but....A little one dimensional perhaps?

By that I mean that he always cuts inside.In both games that I've seen him when facing a full-back he comes inside onto his stronger left foot.Frustrating for the front men and easier to defend against.

Wilson and co should be encouraging him to work on going outside and getting to the by-line.If he can get the confidence to start doing that then he really will be an asset.

Agree he had a quiet first half but really showed his pace and ability in second half. Does cut inside a bit, but also showed some good runs down the wing and some good service coming in for the frontmen.

I would like to see him play on the left and Roberts on the right. Thought Brown had a really ineffective game today :) Try Goodfellow on left :D

To me nothing has changed we have just started to turn performance into wins, and win even when we are not at our best.
Only that? Quite a fundamental change though surely?

Hitting the onion bag more often has a part to play, not surprisingly! It aint rocket science.

I would like to see him play on the left and Roberts on the right.
Totally agree. Two goals in two is great and he is not afraid to take on defenders.

However, he is certainly not two footed (as original reports suggested) and may struggle against a quality left-back forcing him outside.

I don't believe on the other hand that any right back in this division would contain him if he was on the left as his pace on the outside would be murrayesque and his touch and vision would enable him to come in and play in the likes of Peacock, Miller and Christian/Marvin on the right.

Looks a reasonable signing who like Wilkshire, is liable to show even more if moved to a more natural position.

Guest thetruecitytillidiefan

Totally agree with u dolminator! A new murray in the making i think!

No Fear thats what they both have got!

Dolminator:

I tried responding to your email but it bounced - in it I said:

Not picking on anyone, there were several references in that thread that he

should play on the left and I proposed a possible reason for him only playing on the right - it's a forum after all. Contrary to popular belief I do post what I think rather than what some consider to be wind -ups ( well mostly :) ) and if they differ from most, so be it.

and another thing I think it may have been Danny and his coaching team unearthing that gem!!!
I think I should point out that because of my lack of anti-Wilson comment, don't assume I am that I am now his biggest fan. My overall view on Wilson has not changed.

Coaching team?

Yeah that would make sense, they have a week to work with Goodfellow and because he puts in a couple of good performances its the coaching team that have done it! Maybe, just maybe the guy is talented.

Remember this coaching team are the same bunch that have had over 4 seasons to 'coach' Phillips the art of communication and catching crosses, and failed miserably.

Guest DukeCoxer

I agree with england, our front two arent renound for their heading abilities, and when Goodfellow was cutting in yesterday and playing short balls onto the edge of the box, i felt we looked more dangerous than we did when we have been attacking the by lines.

Plus, if something aint broke, dont fix it! keep him on the right

Archived