IGNORED

We Are The East End...

Godzilla

Don't really know what it was like everywhere else, or how loud we were, but the atmosphere in the East End was really good today. The last 6 Minutes or so when we scored 3 times was electric in there.

I'd like to thank everyone who was in there today, for contributing to what made for a fantastic atmosphere and a very enjoyable afternoon of football.

You did the club proud.

Guest east_dundry_red

Apart from the stewards it was good.

The steward with the number 3 jacket decided to push some guy into me. I asked him what the point in that was and i was told to "shut the ##** up".

Then when my mates asked what he said he decides to grab my shirt and hold his fist up and says "One more word out of you and you'll be banned" While at the same time holding his fist up to me like he was going to punch me. Then while I'm laughing at him (he looked like a little boy trying to be hard) He strts having a go again. UNFORTUNATLY i cant lay a neat little right hook on a steward without being banned (would of been a sweet one as well). On the way out he said something but i told him to grow up. He tryed following me but i lost him in the crowd.

Anyone else had a problem with this steward?

Guest BCFC Matt

yes, id also like to thank everyone today for what really was a fantastic afternoon of football and a great atmosphere.

I was a couple of rows infront of jason(edr) with Gas hater, tommycidered, chalky and co!

Guest BCFC Matt
did chesterfield evan sign i could not hear them and i was stood behind edr.
No, i couldn't hear them sing once throughout the 90minutes, all i heard was a few cheers for corners!

Quality day today, how watching city should be!

From the Williams stand you could be heard pretty well throughout and loads at the end. Thought it really helped with the atmosphere today having noise from both the Eastend and Ateyo

well done and hopefully the club will open the eastend again :)

I stood a couple of rows infront of EDR in the second half.

The stewards got a bit heavy at times. :)

Oh well we got our fifth consecutive 3 points, thats 15 out of 15. Lets keep this great run going.

Well done to all the lads in there today singing your hearts out for the lads.

Guest john barnes

any chance of going in the eastend a week tuesday??Makes going to ashton gate a hell of alot better. If we get to do it again there will be even more in there,people were trying to get in there at half time once they realised how good the atmosphere was!!!!

Seems the right thread to respond on; as promised yesterday, I will give my unofficial sound of the EastEnd from Block B report.

Certainly came across quite loud and could make at the songs easily. It was a bit more infrequent than I expected; a few long quiet periods when I couldn't hear anything, however, there was still a bit of noise at my end and perhaps local noise was drowning you out.

All in all it looked a fair few fans having a good go and certainly appeared a success from where I was. I didn't see/notice the rushing to the fence incidents etc. reported on the other thread - the fans were very much on trial and these sort of incidents unfortunately make it easy for the club to say no the next time.

One point which may upset some of the band members, but needs to be noted. The Atyeo was much more together on the few occasions they burst in to song and seemed to benefit from not having "tub-thumping" ringing in their ears. Don't know if the noise reached the East-End, but, they were following from your lead and trying to sing the same songs at the same time.

ALL IN ALL, the fans in the East End made for an interesting mix of sound from 3 different areas and certainly added to what was a reasonably good atmosphere I thought.

I was sat just about in the middle of the Dolman, and even though the East End was louder, I thought that the Atyeo did a good job at times of trying to sing the same songs. I must admit I thought that it helped the atmosphere immensely.

I did see a bit of goading of the away fans at the start though, which was a bit disappointing. Pity, because it could ruin it for everyone :)

Well I can honestly say I had a QUALITY afternoon in the eastend.

Ok a few aggressive chants but this is football, i think were going far to pc if we try and stop all that.

Hardly heard another stand at all from in there.

All in all a complete top afternoon, no trouble at all, ok 1 moron climbed on the fence but was quickly told by a steward to calm down and he did.

This was like an AWAY game in there, something weve been crying out for at the gate, proper football atmosphere.

Ive never ever been so horse coming away from a home game.

TOP STUFF - well done city for letting us in but now ive tried the "old eastend " drug, I WANT MORE.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Today was what football's all about for alot of people, a laugh with mates with few restrictions.

now if only we could rip those seats up........................ :)

Guest two acres red
I was sat just about in the middle of the Dolman, and even though the East End was louder, I thought that the Atyeo did a good job at times of trying to sing the same songs. I must admit I thought that it helped the atmosphere immensely.

I did see a bit of goading of the away fans at the start though, which was a bit disappointing. Pity, because it could ruin it for everyone  :)

the only goading at the game was the city boys signing who are you who are you and pointing to the chesterfield fans.

I can only say what I saw but near the start there were some fans making, shall we say, dubious gestures at the away fans.

I know you may say that it was light-hearted but in my view if those fans wanted to keep the East End open, they wouldn't have done it. And that was the point I was making. SOme fans may ruin it for everyone else

I was at the in GWR 2day near to the Atyeo. I think the East End provided a catalyst for the rest of the ground today. The only problem was even when the Atyeo decided to sing a song at the same time as you, one lot finished ages before the other.

However, I was just behind all the past players and did get to learn things about the "good old days". However, I don't know if anyone noticed, but Cheesely wasn't one of the players. Does he sit somewhere else nowadays, or does he have to spend time working in his pub.

Guest CiderRedMatt

'The Cheese' spends his match days in the hospitality suite i think, i was in there on the first day of the season and he is one of the hosts :)

It was quality in there today, best atmosphere in ages! How many were let in from the Dolman at half time, I didn't really see?

Was the attendance today really just 11,800? it looked as though there were quite a few more, I spose that happens every week though.

Guest Bigdave60

I was in the Dolman stand today as usual. I thought YOU WERE FANTASTIC

What was the point in keeping you pinned into the first section before kick off?

Does Bristol City think you were going to cause trouble?

Cant see why fans are not allowed to use this area for every game, the only clubs who are likely to bring a large following are QPR and PLYMOUTH.

I was sat in the Dolman in the first half and thought the East end done a good job. They were loud and kept singing, which makes a change for the gate.

At half time i asked a steward if i could go in the East and was told it wouldnt be a problem. So three of us joined the fun. Great day all round.

You all sounded really good from Dolman F. Great noise made and I'm sure it lifted the players. Phillips seemed really glad you were there when he came out for the 2nd half.

You made so much noise in a match which at times it was hard to find something to cheer about. I hope you get to go in there again.

I have to say its probably the best atmosphere ive been part of at Ashton Gate, i dont think my throat has ever hurt so much after a game.

I also heard a lot before about it being an awful place to sit in terms of the view etc, but the one or two pillars in front of me hardly made any difference at all.

I really cant see why the club cant pull their finger out an open it for home fans permanently (if i could change my season-ticket to their i would almost certainly take up the offer)

All in all i thought it was an absolutely brilliant experience!

Guest Ricky BCFC

I was at the back of H block ateyo and could hear you singing very loud and clearly. You did start to quiten a fair bit during the 2nd half though (dunno if you heard us singing "its all gone quiet over there" and "east end gives us a song"?), and I have no idea what you were like in the last 5 minutes because I was singing too much myself. You definately all made yourselves heard for most of the time though.

I think one of the main reasons it seemed to go quiet at times was because quite a lot of songs that the majority of fans seemed to be unfamiliar with were started, i think its one of those things where if we were given more games in there then i for one would become more 'fluent' with the songs i havnt heard too much of before.

Guest cider gliders

Fantastic atmosphere lads, just like the old

days in the East End! Lets have it back, it

belongs to the fans. UP THE CITY! :P

Guest WestburyRed

I was in Williams K and was amazed by the sound generated. A few people around me said "I've never heard Ashton Gate so loud", which considering only 11000 were in attendance is pretty good.

I didn't think it would work but it did. Also the Atyeo broke into song a few times in sync with the East End and it sounded superb, probably the first time I've heard sound actually right through the stadium as apposed to just from the top corners of the Atyeo and Dolman.

Guest city slicker 71

There's only one set of fans that can make the old shed sing and that's US no ifs buts or maybees and in true RETRO give us back the keys and house the away lot someother place...... Lot of the old ones around the place today put a bit of bite back into the place1 Young and old wonderful turnout if i never get in there again i'll never forget this one.

Sincerely,

COWSHEDDER

if my memory serves me correctly block K is further towards the ateyo than the eastend.

My point is if you heard it so loud, I'm dead sure our chairman did, and as hes an avid internet viewer, he and the other heirachy were surely being dealt what they requested - ATMOSPHERE AND 3 POINTS - how many other draws would have been wins with the furious east end backing.

STEVE GIVE US THE EAST END and make Ashton a fortress again where clubs dread to come and there supporters arnt heard.

Guest BCFC_DEANO

brilliant,

I haven't enjoyed myself at a home match for a long time. glad that the east end could be heard around the ground aswell.

think something that definatley helped was the fact that we could sit where we wanted which made for a better atmosphere.

well done to everyone there.

think it shows how loud city fans actually are - and we all need to wonder how away fans dont create more noise when they are in there?!

Think the support gave the players and extra lift especially in the last 10 minutes when our fitness showed through and we bagged goals! Looking forward to Lita's celebration next time! B)

Guest Undertaker

see my post about the East end above, football is all about banter too although silly running at fences and gestures by 13 year olds although laughable from our CFC fans point of view is not going to help keep it open which would be a shame for you considering the noise made compared to that from elsewehre in the ground.

Must admit though i`d have buried that kid with the drum INSIDE the thing if he`d been near me! :)

Guest east_dundry_red

Must admit though i`d have buried that kid with the drum INSIDE the thing if he`d been near me! :)

Which one?

We had 5-6 drums. I had one!

Guest lilciderhed

Most enjoyable game Ive had at the gate for a long time.

Should definately be given another trial soon.

I walk with a wiggle, I wiggle with a walk...

I can only add whats been said already - superb atmosphere and best one yet since the introduction of the East End for home fans.

Haven't enjoyed a home game so much in years!

I was just below EDR and noticed that steward - he was WELL out of order. In fact, all the stewards treated us with no respect whatsoever.

One Team

Archived