IGNORED

East End

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Certain muppets standing on seats

Most of you singing stuff like "You're going to get your f'ing head kicked in"

People running toward/jumping at the fence after a goal.

It wasn't just the east end that was on trial today, the fans were too - and I very much doubt it's worth the hassle of opening it again.

Great afternoon though, How I wish it'd be permanent

Guest BCFC Matt

I agree about a great afternoon!

I know it was wrong for the fan to climb the fence when we scored but that was WRONG but you cannot account for individuals because you will always get some fool and i dont consider, the fans running to the fence as overly serious.

Some of the smaller people in the stand could not see because of people standing so some stood on the chairs for key moments.

Overall i dont see it as a major problem today because apart from that chant you mentioned, the game was very friendly with the usual football banter.

I hope the club will take this into account, because its not like there as been a riot, it was well stewarded, and i hope we may get another chacne in a future home game????

Guest two acres red

i think the people standing on the chairs only done it for a few secounds to get a better view of the corners. And as for signing your going to get your f,ing heads kick in was just a bit of retro signing but there was a few muppets that did run to the fence but that i think was only in joy of scoreing 4 goals.

I had previoulsy stated my indifference for this particular "east end" experience but, as the person I was with suggested it, I decided to go in.

I had a brilliant time, sung my heart out with everyone else and I think that had I not been in the Wedlocks, I would have found the game a little flat until the 85th minute. Brilliant.

Unfortunately, with EVERYONE (myself included) standing up for the whole game, a number of aggresive chants and gestures, people standing on seats, and above all one absolute moron clambering onto the fence after the "offside" I don't think it will ever happen again.

A real shame, but I'm not surprised.

I was stood on my seat because I'm a short ass. I'd have moved if told to but despite a steward being stood very near to me I wasn't - so I don't see a problem with that.

As for running towards the fence when we scored, that's just the excitment of scoring a goal, I'd take your point if it happened during normal play but it didn't.

As for the chanting I can't defend that.

Guest BCFC Matt
I was stood on my seat because I'm a short ass. I'd have moved if told to but despite a steward being stood very near to me I wasn't - so I don't see a problem with that.

As for running towards the fence when we scored, that's just the excitment of scoring a goal, I'd take your point if it happened during normal play but it didn't.

As for the chanting I can't defend that.

I agree Stu about most of your points, apart from the chants one, it may be deemed extremely offensive to some then again some may deem it as light-hearted banter, i know some were a tad silly, but to be honest, i dont see them as a reason to not use the eastend again.

many people had a great afternoon today, with the type of aatmosphere and banter that they enjoy, if negative issues are being forced across over chanting then i see that as a good thing because there will have been none of the other cr@p that really does bring the game to shame.

Give us the Eastend!

Great day today! I've lost my voice I sang so much, there hasnt been an atmosphere like that for ages in the Gate. I didnt hear a peep out of anywhere else from inside the ground (including their fans, not surprising), but this was probably necause all the "singers" were in the East End.

I understand WillsbridgeRed's points about the standing on seats and running to the fence, as although it was harmless on a day like today, it could pose a problem if a team bought a few more fans. Theres only about a 30-40 yard gap between the sets of fans and missiles could easily be thrown across.

But I hope that the club allows us to do it again, because it was fantastic.

Oh yeh by the way, 4-0!!!! Woohoo!

Guest pukka_tukka

great day, bit of an understatment, god it was fantastic!! best home game for agggeeesssss!! :)

please let us have the east end again! :D

Guest cider gliders

You lot in the East End Done us proud! We ain`t enjoyed

ourselfs so much for such a long time! Well Done lads!

A ruddy good day out with a ruddy great result! we ain`t

intrested in any negitive posts! UP THE CITY! :)

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"Just had a look at your avatar - were you standing/sitting at the very left by the fencing at at the front of the rear section with your missus?"

yeah with a white coat on

Guest east_dundry_red

The "your going to get your ######g heads kicked in" in my personal opinion a BRILLIANT chant and i will try and get it going at a few away games for the rest of the season. It intimadates some people and addeds to the atmosphere.

Certain muppets standing on seats

Most of you singing stuff like "You're going to get your f'ing head kicked in"

People running toward/jumping at the fence after a goal.

It wasn't just the east end that was on trial today, the fans were too - and I very much doubt it's worth the hassle of opening it again.

Great afternoon though, How I wish it'd be permanent

yeah i see your point but like when cardiff were in there they stood up

and i don't see why that stand is not put back to terrace it is not steep

and no danger in there...

as for the chants the young ones were only singing old songs they have

been told about from the older chaps before the political correct crew came along

it is only words, and them lads did nothing outside to chesterfield fans after the game, not saying them chants are right but it is football chants that date back

many years, it should be taken as fun like the 70 year old chesterfield fan goading the young un's (it was all in fun and laughed at from both sides) but it is about teams we play if it was cardiff then no we should not be in there but chesterfield it was banter,, the tin man is a 5h1t head song well is he?? the song is NOT politically correct but it is taken in fun as the ''going down the rovers to do the barstewards over'' is sung, it is just words....

what i was amazed at was the number of stewards sat along the dolman watching

the familys :) if they thought the eastend was a major risk then them stewards would be lined up in the east end, once again the east end should not only be a singing area but a standing area to, most grounds have terrace and if

there is not a large crowd then there is no risk of being crushed again it is a health

and safty issure which people who make the rules go way over board on...

BUT YEP I HOPE WE CAN GO BACK IN THERE AGAIN...

Archived