IGNORED

Marc Goodfellow

Taz

Having heard a few comments about him from last weekends game, I was looking forward to witnessing how good he was first hand. One statement I heard today was that he could beat Murray for pace!! Didn't believe it. Until of course I saw it with my own eyes. He's fast.

At times during the game especially in the second half, the ball was being passed out from defence, given to Goodfellow who would then run at pace up the pitch. Something that we have been missing since Mr Murray left for Reading.

He was also on the receiving end of a couple of tough challenges. Did he stay down and roll around? No. He picked himself up and carried on.

My only major concern, is that he seemed to cut in on his left foot quite a bit (well you have to expect that from a player that is prodominantly left footed I suppose!!) Looked very lively though, and perhaps would have had more of the ball in the opening 10-15 minutes if Carey could have got his passing sorted out earlier!!

If during the summer we were able to bring a good right footed midfielder in, then I think that Goodfellow will take over from Aaron on the left hand side, and cause opposition sides a lot of damage.

First impressions - very impressed. Scored his second goal in his second game for the club, and as already said looked very impressive. If he can carry on playing like that, and scoring a few along the way, then ladies and gentleman we've got ourselves a bargain.

Still early days yet, but the signs are very encouraging. Welcome to City Marc.

:)

i think he looks to be a realy good player needs to get familier with our play and our boys need to read what he is going to do with the ball ie through ball

i think when wilkshire comes back they will link up well and with balls from tins across the park will do nicely i did see an incling of a young scott murray today with pace (real quick off the mark) and running at defenders at times

I thaught he did really well, he's got real pace and he'll ask questions of a lot of defences. He's a bit like Scott Murray, but cuts inside a bit earlier and more often than Scott ever did. He should end up with quite a few goals this season.

He looked good today. I thought in the second half he laid off good balls to Peacock who held it up well.

I think we will get the best out of him when he is on the left because he cut in nearly everytime he got the ball. But this could take Danny along time to figure out.

Overall a very good home debut capped off with a well taken goal.

Guest WestburyRed

I was a bit concerned after reading all the comments about him dissapearing after taking a heavy challenge, but he just wouldn't stay down today! Took some fairly hefty whacks and challenges and just got up and ran off ready for the free kick.

Was impressed with him generally, playing on the wrong bloody wing though!

Guest BCFC Matt

He seems a decent player with a very direct and attacking minded game which, we, the fans love to see!

2 goals in to games lets hope his run continues!

Guest cider gliders

What a player, he ran rings around that Chesterfield

defence! and capped it off with another good goal!

City are on a roll now! Keep it up lads!

UP THE CITY! :)

IMAG0005.JPG

Guest city slicker 71

just the ticket, and when Wilkshire comes back, who knows? Also, it could make Aaron play to his full potential. I smell success!

COWSHEDDER

just the ticket, and when Wilkshire comes back, who knows? Also, it could make Aaron play to his full potential. I smell success!

COWSHEDDER

he was very, very fast down that flank today oh it remined me of scott murray..

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A NEW RIGHT WING IDOL :)

Guest Lockerman

I must say that I was well pleased with what I saw but I just wonder why Carey had to wait until the second half before he decided to start passing to him,Carey didthe same when Wilkshire started playing for us he for some reason seems to have a new player phobia.

And as previously posted I can't wait to see him playing with Wilkshire, Exciting times ahead, I also think that in time he will prove to be a better player than Murray, (Hope that's not the kiss of death)

In truth - disappointed - he has pace, knows where the goal is, but his crossing and passing(apart from once) was woeful. But two goals in two games can't be sniffed at, Murray NOT, but maybe a decent replacement but only time will tell.
I have to disgree with you England.

I thought he passed the ball very well.

What he did well was to pass the ball to feet.

He got pace but he also got a football brain.

Some people are comparing to Murray for me he is a bit more like Tinion whan he first came to the club.

But he does seem a little light weight at time up against a phsical Chesterfield team.

Guest thetruecitytillidiefan

Looks a good buy so far. Scored to good goals and his work rate is very good. As some of you have already said, he did tend to cut in on his left foot, but surley that good, if needed it gives us another string to our bow. Aaron Brown I thought had a terrible game. In that circumstance we can pull Goodfellow to the left and play Roberts on the right.

With such a big squad and players who can play in lots of positions will do us the world of good.

:D:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Murray NOT, but maybe a decent replacement but only time will tell.
He's two years younger than Murray was when he signed for us and he's a darned sight better player now than Scoot was then!

Guest Spunkwood
:) he's got teeth like me and he has ears like chadwick and he aint that good lookin but ######i it he's a great player but lets not carried away with our selfs can i call him Pele

Archived