IGNORED

Wilkshire's Absence

gater2

When Tommy got sent off at Wycombe I really thaught it was a big mistake on his behalf, not just because we lost the game, but the subsequent ban allowed Wilkshire to come into the middle and establish himself there, keeping Tommy out.

Luke kept his place until he left for Australia's U23 competition, and I think he may have just let Tommy back in. They are the two main contendors for the other central midfield role along side Sir Brian and if Tommy plays like today, every match, Luke will find it hard to budge him.

It's great there's so much competition for places at the moment, I'm just glad I don't have to decide who to leave out :) .

All this isn't looking very good for Joe Burnell though, I can't see how he's going to get back into the picture, it would take some injuries and good performances, which doesn't look very likely at the moment.

Burnell's decline has co-incided with City's rise in fortune. Co-incidence? Not at all... I've said enough times he's not a midfielder and now its proven.

What a midfield when everyone is available.... Tinnion, Wilkshire, Goodfellow, Doherty, Amankwaah. If Goodfellow is left footed then I'd like to see, left to right; Goodfellow, Wilkshire, Doherty, Amankwaah (assuming Tins has retired by then!).

What a midfield when everyone is available.... Tinnion, Wilkshire, Goodfellow, Doherty, Amankwaah.  If Goodfellow is left footed then I'd like to see, left to right; Goodfellow, Wilkshire, Doherty, Amankwaah (assuming Tins has retired by then!).

agreed ,Our midfield is very strong although amankwaa wont be recovered until pre season. I have noticed though , that when wilkshire hasnt been playing tinnion hasnt looked half as good as usual , anyone else noticed this? i think our best midfield combination might actually be wilkshire and doherty. No disrespect to tinns of course , he has played well this season and has been a great servant to our club , but if he hangs his boots up at the end of the season our centre midfield will be wilkshire and tommy , so maybe when wilkshire comes back we should give them a chance to get used to playing alongside eachother. What do you think??

agreed ,Our midfield is very strong although amankwaa wont be recovered until pre season. I have noticed though , that when wilkshire hasnt been playing tinnion hasnt looked half as good as usual , anyone else noticed this? i think our best midfield combination might actually be wilkshire and doherty. No disrespect to tinns of course , he has played well this season and has been a great servant to our club , but if he hangs his boots up at the end of the season our centre midfield will be wilkshire and tommy , so maybe when wilkshire comes back we should give them a chance to get used to playing alongside eachother. What do you think??
This is interesting, and you may have a point. Tinman was not his usual self today, he tried a lot of ambitious things which didn't come off, but there were still signs of his evident class. I think he works better with Tommy than Luke as he complaments Tommy (one creative player, one ballwinner) whereas Tins and Luke are more similar.

However I'd still play Tins because he's still our best midfileder on his day, and I think if we left him out we'd go back to our creativity problems we were having earlier in the season. I'd play him with Tommy and have Luke on the bench.

I think the beauty of having such strenght in midfield is you can use different combinations for different games and at different times. It may be that Tommy and Tinns are the best combination one week with Tommy and Luke the next week etc etc.

What a great position to be in :D:D I bet many other teams would like to have the same selection problem Danny does at the moment!

But where are we weakest?

If Phillips gets injured, have we a good replacement? Main problem area as far as I can see :)

Archived