IGNORED

Just Back From Game...

PhatWill

...and well worth the trip as well.

I've read a few threads saying that "4-0 flattered us" etc.

A load of tosh really, we deserved the 4-0 win purely based on the fact that we outplayed Chesterfield in every single department on the pitch. Its about time we hammered someone anyway after only winning by the odd goal lately.

The only players I have to comment are-

Positive:

Goodfellow looks sh(1)t hot. he does what Murray always used to do and cuts inside. He is a VERY attack minded player, and was often playing further up the field than Miller or Peaks AND in a central position! Very exciting.

Miller was again top notch, outstanding in the air but sometimes suffered from poor service.

The prodigy Leroy Lita. Spurred us onto a convincing victory, again.

Negative:

Louis Carey needs a kick up the ass. His distribution was woeful yet again. He made some really strange passes, one which he smacked as hard as he could at poor old Goodfellow. Seems to be going through the motions.

Aaron Brown looked disinterested YET again. So much talent, he could go far I just don't understand why he doesn't try and get involved more.

All in all, not a vintage perfomance but when you play cr(a)p teams your standard of play has to be lowered. It happens in every sport and look at Man U today...

Good win, looking confidentally at those top two now. We can catch them.

There can't be too much wrong right now, can there?

We've got the best defensive record in the Division, kept a clean sheet, and as we debate who our worst player was today we're picking from any one of our defence?!

It's fair to say Coles' form has been on a downward spiral for some time now, but I thought Carey was our worst player again.

It's fair to say Coles' form has been on a downward spiral for some time now, but I thought Carey was our worst player again.
I thought coles was pretty sound at the back today and had his best game for a while(albeit against a team who didnt have a clue how to attack!). Butler was the worst player in the team by far and i would feel much more relaxed when watching a game if hill was in his place with bell or woodman a left back , he seems to put us under uneccesary (spelling) pressure by passing the ball to the other team , which he has been guilty of many times this season(eg against qpr and they almost scored from it), and he just doesnt seem to learn and he keeps doing the same thing!!

but I thought Carey was our worst player again.
As I said, I think he is going through the motions. He just always seems to look uncomfortable on the ball and doesn't look up where he's passing it to enough.

To be honest, I have never rated him. In Division One I thought he was one of our worst players (behind Dyche!) and its a great shame, but I don't think he would make it in Div One this time around.

Top bloke though.

I think he constantly picks the wrong option, and always forces whoever he is playing with on the right wing deeper, rather than getting them in behind the full back. Makes life harder, because he isn't the best at overlapping.

Terrific strike for the goal, but his contribution left alot to be desired, and he was even worse at Notts County last week.

Archived