IGNORED

The Right Of Choice

PhatWill

What it boils down to is supporters at Ashton Gate being given the choice to sing for their team in a designated area and not have to sit among others who have no interest in vocally supporting their team.

Today was the best day I've had at Ashton Gate since the 2-0 win against Cardiff last April by some distance.

The atmosphere in the East End was electric. Again advertising for it was poor but you only have to see that it is growing in popularity by the amount of fans who moved from the Dolman into the East End at half-time.

If you opened it nearly every game while we are still in this rubbish division then it would increase in popularity week by week and would soon build up a hardcore of support (twice the size of todays) willing to sing their hearts out for BCFC and have a good laugh.

Those who want to munch on their Mediterranean Chicken sandwiches in peace and quiet can do.

But the East End singing contingent which was today, as one, needs to get something sorted to bring the total footballing experience BACK TO ASHTON GATE.

For the first time today I decided that if given the oppertunity, I would swap my excellent view at the top of Dolman Block C for the atmosphere of the East End every time.

If it was made regular, we'd soon be attracting 1000+ in there - that I am sure of.

And it would attract more people to the Gate, too.

AYE PHATWILL

Regards,

COWSHEDDER

I'll take that as positive feedback :)

In addition I would also like to propose that all the seats are ripped out of the East End to provide an opportunity for the true terrace experience at Ashton Gate.

www.safestanding.com

I'll take that as positive feedback  :)

In addition I would also like to propose that all the seats are ripped out of the East End to provide an opportunity for the true terrace experience at Ashton Gate.

www.safestanding.com

yeh i agree, but lets not push it eh? :D

just getting the East End back for us on a permanent basis would be a start :D

Guest cider gliders

That`s it lads, give us back the East End an get

rid of ole they ruddy seats! we don`t need um!

It was great to be stood up at a game today,

with none of they ruddy stewards tellin` us to

sit down! UP THE CITY :)

Guest DukeCoxer

The main problem with the east end though, which lansdown has voiced is that some people simply arent responsible enough, and would quite happily have a pop at the opposition supporters if things kicked off, (remember millwall). And thats where the problem is, if we want to open the east end, we have to pay the thin blue line to supervise everything, cos they dont trust us!

Guest Bootylicious

Yup, i could hear the fans in the East End loud and clear for 90 minutes.

I really think/hope the club can liase with the fans on this one and do something to bring the atmosphere back to the Gate.

Of course if everyone who wants to sit to watch football did as you suggest - you wouldn't have a club to support
So if Ashton Gate was all terracing you wouldn't come and watch City play?

I think if you gradually phased terracing back into Ashton Gate then you would actually attract HIGHER crowds than we are at the moment.

I don't mean terrace the whole ground by the way, just the East End say hypothetically.

Guest two acres red

it was 1 of the best 90 minutes football i have ever seen the atmosphere was electric evan liked the chant are you watching c/s

Guest Topbuzz

It seems today theres 2 sorts of football fan one who wants the nice looking ground with comfy seating polite applause and prawn sandwiches and another kind who are really only intrested to spurring bristol city onto victory and generating a old skool atmostphere going to be tricky keepin both types fully catered for

Personally ive not enjoyed a match as much as yday for years at home anyway --those young uns in east end yday are the loyal vocal supporters of tmoro the future looks good

So if Ashton Gate was all terracing you wouldn't come and watch City play?

I think if you gradually phased terracing back into Ashton Gate then you would actually attract HIGHER crowds than we are at the moment.

I don't mean terrace the whole ground by the way, just the East End say hypothetically.

1. I am honestly not sure that my dodgy back would allow me to stand for what would be a couple of hours

2. I doubt the club could afford the loss of revenue

3. It is unlikely the law will change to allow it after the tragedies that led to the requirement for all seater stadia for football. As long as the mindless idiots who still fringe football are around, there is another tragedy waiting to happen - I hear someone was accidentally injured on Saturday where everyone was standing and a few running around - what responsible adult wants his kid to risk injury by going to football.

Grounds are safer today but the the payoff is huge in reduction in atmosphere - it is some of the fans that is/are the problem - I watched Hysel and Sheffield unfold on TV and never want to see anything like it again.

It seems today theres 2 sorts of football fan one who wants the nice looking ground with comfy seating polite applause and prawn sandwiches and another kind who are really only intrested to spurring bristol city onto victory and generating a old skool atmostphere going to be tricky keepin both types fully catered for

Personally ive not enjoyed a match as much as yday for years at home anyway --those young uns in east end yday are the loyal vocal supporters of tmoro the future looks good

I think there must be three types (or i'm the only one) but i'm in the middle of those two , i want to have a good view of the game but i also want to sing and create an atmosphere.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"- I watched Hysel and Sheffield unfold on TV and never want to see anything like it again."

I think both incidents were not because of the actual terracing, lets be clear about that.

Guest city slicker 71
Of course if everyone who wants to sit to watch football did as you suggest - you wouldn't have a club to support
Not everyone, if people prefer to sit in the cold that,s their choice. The East End and seating do not go together, as demonstrated by the various contingents of large away followings.

While I,m about I am getting sick to bloody death of this East End/violence tag that exists . Personally I fondly remember old Ginger Peacock plucking the ball out of the air like Bob Anderson the shed rocked with laughter that,s the word laughter long gone to be replaced by meaningless terms such as matchday experience or designated singing areas oh my gawd is it safe I,d sooner a crash course in Bantu then swallow any of the control freak ramblings

some people too easily fall for.

For many it was their first taste of standing in the shed with a thirst for more and for this old sweat The only game i,m looking forward to is the next one in there the very thought of returning to that mortuary next door fills me with bile.

No with all due respect along with Kevin Trenchard(green un) you can keep your commode seats along with a few other old uns in there yesterday city men to the core not there for the comfort.

Absolutely & Sincerely,

City Slicker

And Ginger never even got a warning, ref fell about the place, all that #### came now.

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

What a superb day, can i just say thanks Pete all that effort is very much appreciated.

That was for me the most successfull and enjoyable East End trail ever and we have good grounds to have it back in the furture on this note no matter what they throw at us.

Think this time it was 16 of us who went in last time persuading other people to go in there, and we got what 4-500 in there. Think how many 4-500 people could attract in there.

Also well doe to the club for making it pay on the day and more improtantly swop your season ticket on the day. Late is better than never.

Thanks to everyone who went in there what a fantastic day one of the best at the gate in my life. Can't wait till the next one!!!!

Oh yeh and all you boring gits that i handed a flier to at Notts C and threw it away saying load of B***ks. It wasn't so #### afterall was it :P

With regards to the East End in some way inciting violence, people are forgetting that the club have invested in two large metal fences which were in use on Saturday. There is basically no chance of any clashes between supporters in the stand and lets be fair with the CCTV cameras in the East End, who would bother risking arrest?

Archived