IGNORED

New Away Ticket 'club'

Phantom

• Admin

As mentioned in Gatepost and also on the main web site now Bristol City are setting up a facility where you can pay £15 to be in a 'Priority' group for purchasing tickets to away games.

This priority is only available to season ticket holders and is limited to 900 people.

I was wondering what other peoples opinions on this were ?

Personally I can't believe that we now have to pay for the right to have priority to an away fixture !

Obviously this will only come into play if a) all 900 are sold - which is unlikely,

b) if all 900 are sold. It means that some games you may not be able to get tickets.

Straight away I imagine it will be hard to get tickets for the following away gamse as these grounds all hold less than 10,000 so I imagine our allocation would be less than 1,000. Blackpool, Bournemouth,Chesterfield, Colchester, Doncaster, Hartlepool,MK Dons, Scunthorpe, Walsall and Yeovil.

Mayne I am just being old fashioned but I don't see why a season ticket holder who already gets priority over other fans, should have to pay another £15.

Obviously if all the matches above meant you only got a ticket if you were in this club would work out just over an extra £1 per ticket. But if it only applied say three times in the season you are paying £5 extra for that ticket.

What does everyone else think ?? englandsmile4wf.gif

You would think that it would be a bonus for buying a season not an add on. The club doesn't show any loyalty to season ticket holders. It seems that all they are interested in is extracting as much money out of people as they can knowing that most will pay up out of blind loyalty. You can fool all of the people some of the time etc.........

I'm not happy about this one bit. To start with its not just season tickets holders that go to away games. I know a few people that go to most games home and away and are not season ticket holders.

I am a season ticket holder and go to most awat games and now i have to pay extra for the right to go to some of them. ranting.gif .

Get real Lansdown and stop trying to rip us off ( which before people moan, we are).

Guest BridgyRed

Its £15 for 'all ticket away games' of which there will prob be 5 next season. Yeovil, Swindon and maybe 3 more at the end of the season if we are involved. Seems a bit pointless joining if you ask me as you will still get a ticket if you try early enough.

Guest South Coast Red

As an exile it seems City are trying every season to make it harder to follow them. Last year they scrapped the Membership Scheme , now this. As I live in East Sussex I can't justify buying a season ticket but I do try to get to as many games , both home and away , as possible.

I understand that supporters that can go every week should get priority , but isn't 40 years of support worth something ?

Will still keep going , just stick another hurdle in the way why don't you

city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

I think it is a joke, it is a blatent attempt at extracting every penny that they can get. It is an unfair system of obtaining priority. Special away match vouchers is a much fairer way because you never know which match they are going to be given away at, and the games that they are handed out at are ones that it is likely mainly dedicated supporters are going have travelled. Why should a season ticket holder who has paid £15 quid to be able to go to their 3/4 games a season get priviliges over anybody else.

I'm not getting one because I can only see it being a real problem for only a couple of games all season. The only game that I think it would be a real problem for is a play-off game if it is against somebody with a small away end, a couple local ones like Bournemouth walsall and Yeovil, but not Swindon as the away allocation is massive, not sure if Bournemouths allocation has been increased. Most other games I doubt there will be many more than 900 willing to go, so it is a question of paying a premium for tickets for maybe 2 matches for me all season that I can probably get hold of by getting them as soon as they go on sale to ST holders anyway.

When i've only got about £25 in the bank I can't be bothered to spend it on this crap initiative!

Archived