IGNORED

Where Will We Finishthis Year?

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

1 think we'll do the double ldv vans and league 1 title cos our reserves can win ldv and our squad has the depth to replace quality with quality

It's got to be Auto Promotion, nothing less. Having said that if it requires a trip to Cardiff to finish the job off then so be it, but we have to get out of this league no matter what the cost.

The gap between Championship & League 1 has never been bigger.

1st.

Why not? People think Forest will bounce back, but Wednesday certainly didn't ( I think they finished somewhere between 11th and 16th in there first season in the 3rd division), No-one else has a better squad or better away support (maybe Forest, but can't remeber the last time we played them in the league) and IF we do secure Bridges, i think in Brooker, Stewart, Bridges and Gillespie, we have 4 out of the top 8 best strikers in the division.

Again, 1st.

Guest monster red
1 think we'll do the double ldv vans and league 1 title cos our reserves can win ldv and our squad has the depth to replace quality with quality

Same old, same old. We'll probably hover around the edge of the play-offs all season and just miss out or scrape 6th spot. Naturally I hope I'm proved completely wrong and we walk it rofl2br.gif I know-dream on rolleyes.gif

1st.

Why not? People think Forest will bounce back, but Wednesday certainly didn't ( I think they finished somewhere between 11th and 16th in there first season in the 3rd division), No-one else has a better squad or better away support (maybe Forest, but can't remeber the last time we played them in the league) and IF we do secure Bridges, i think in Brooker, Stewart, Bridges and Gillespie, we have 4 out of the top 8 best strikers in the division.

Again, 1st.

i wouldn't put gillespie in top eight YET e will but i'd put him about top 15 or 20 but if we were to get bridges then gillespie would probably get a bit frustrated banghead.gifranting.gif so i'd put three up front so he's first rather than second choice replacement

Guest basils2005
1/  Notts Forrest

2/  Bristol City

-------------------

3/  Doncaster

4/  Oldham

5/  Tranmere

6/  Hartlepool

i agree with this guy ^^

Oldham? have i missed something?

made a few great signings, liddell wellens and a few others but still we are much better than them city.gif

Guest Hoops

Oldham have made a number of quality signings, Wellens, Beckett, Liddell, Forbes to name four. I think it will be close but knowing our luck they will just edge us int 2nd place.

Forest!!!!!! NO CHANCE! city.gif

Personally i don't think Oldham will figure as much as what people think, but then again i always back City, so what do i know!!!

Do you think on other clubs forums, all their posters pick us for promotion?

With the squad we have a top 6 finish can be the least of our expectations. If we finish anywhere lower it will be the managers fault plain and simple, and he will surely pay the penalty.

Its much to hard to put a definitive number on it - we have the squad to finish in the automatic places, but we'll probably end up in the play-off lottery.

Guest TheOne

I was actually being quite generous to Doncaster by putting them 3rd, for tipping them to go up as Champions is a little unlikely, but saying that, funnier things has happend. *Cough* ( Luton ) dunno.gif

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red
Personally i don't think Oldham will figure as much as what people think, but then again i always back City, so what do i know!!!

Do you think on other clubs forums, all their posters pick us for promotion?

I agree with that, however i got an inkling that city will finish up as champions... summat tells me that we will cos of signings we have bought in, grant smith looks an excellent signing, hes got vision and can cross, heywood looks solid at the back and aint afraid to get his head in, stewart has the experience as does bridges if we are signing him smile.gif

7th

Highest Scorers in the league but your defence will let you down IMO.

no on about city not rovers doh.gif

with heywood coles carey and golbourne we are pretty much sorted and the smiths can do jobs at full back and clayton, orr and keogh can play centre back we have no problems as far as i'm concerned

Guest mesa boogie

unsure.gif

.....and you're basing that on what, exactly?

Going on what I've seen/heard of you lot last term offensively you were great. Lita has gone but you've brought in Stewart and maybe Bridges. You needed really to improve on your defence though. This is going from what I've heard from 82er mates and Soccer poo. Just giving an oppinion.

i cant see why we cant finish 1st. We need to make Ashton Gate a fortress again so that teams **** themselves everytime they come down.I'm sure we will wip most teams at home and hopefully if we can play like we did last season away then definately 1st.We must win the first game to start the ball rolling as we have a hard away fixture straight after.WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE BY CHRISTMAS biggrin.gif

• Admin
unsure.gif

Going on what I've seen/heard of you lot last term offensively you were great. Lita has gone but you've brought in Stewart and maybe Bridges. You needed really to improve on your defence though. This is going from what I've heard from 82er mates and Soccer poo. Just giving an oppinion.

Our main problem defensively last season was in our COMPLETE inability to deal with any sort of cross or high ball to our area be it from open play or a set play.

None of our defenders were confident in the air so although we'd win some defensive headers, there was always an air of panic when a high ball reached our defence.

Any team who had anything about them up front was then able to capitalise on this uncertainty and we would concede "soft" goals.

Although it's still early in pre-season, it is clear that Heywood (& Keogh), whatever his reputation at previous clubs, is very strong in the air and this has clearly given the rest of the defence a confidence boost.

I fully expect us to be stronger defencively than we were last term.

Here endeth today's lesson. innocent.gif

Not to sure but above:

Afc Bournemouth

Barnsley

Blackpool

Bradford

Brentford

Chesterfield

Colchester

Doncaster

Gillingham

Hartlepool

Huddersfield

MK Dons

Notts Forest

Oldham

Port Vale

Rotherham

S****horpe

Southend

Swansea

Swindle

Tranmere

Walsall

Yeovil biggrin.gif

Guest mesa boogie
Our main problem defensively last season was in our COMPLETE inability to deal with any sort of cross or high ball to our area be it from open play or a set play.

None of our defenders were confident in the air so although we'd win some defensive headers, there was always an air of panic when a high ball reached our defence.

Any team who had anything about them up front was then able to capitalise on this uncertainty and we would concede "soft" goals.

Although it's still early in pre-season, it is clear that Heywood (& Keogh), whatever his reputation at previous clubs, is very strong in the air and this has clearly given the rest of the defence a confidence boost.

I fully expect us to be stronger defencively than we were last term.

Here endeth today's lesson.  innocent.gif

I was under the impression that the full backs weren't up to scracth too. I know Bell's gone but you haven't really added to that area.

Guest alex1089

Golbourne is still young and learning, linked up with Grant smith really well against Bath and showed confidence. Jamie smith is our captain but could be pushed out of the team by Carey as he is a much better attacking player than smithy and can also head the ball. So really not much wrong with our full backs TBH.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Really depends on how much we may miss lita,I think the defence looks stronger in this Heywood,Coles,Carey,Woodman.

Still concerns of the replacement for Tom but scott brown has done a good job in the midfield,scoring Marcus I am sure get is share,but who else bridges if signed may do it at this level gillespie,I feel could be the man in the friendlys look really good,if we can get the correct team best team formation from the start I would say definately top six,but I hope for the top two because we really need to get out of this league,no more excuses players 100% every game please.

We have tha ability to win this division, but then we've had tha ability to that for a few years now. But it does appear to be coming together nicely so far, a proper left winger would be nice, we have a few players who can play there but we do not have an out and out left winger.

I don't think our defence will be a problem, Heywood is not the most tallented defender but we haven't been without tallented defenders since Hill and Coles first broke through, we have lacked the big lummox at the back, Haywood is one of them. Heywood playing as he does and a commited and playing colsey will be a very good defence.

Up front we are sorted, especially if we can get Bridges as well, as we will have a very strong strikeforce, which will be very effective, if not just for who is there. Teams in this league are going to be terrified of Stewart as it is, but they will know that brooker can net 20+ as well, and Brides name will scare them as well.

Guest mesa boogie
Well Scott Golbourne plays fro England, and he is tipped for higher things (several bigger clubs have looked at him apparently).

Ah well, didn't know about that one. I'll get my coat.

Guest The red dog

For me, this season we will finish in the top two of the league. This all depends on whether we hit the ground running, and can pick up a couple of wins on the bounce, if we do then there will be no stopping us.

Also I do feel that with Tinnion starting the season as the manager, this will make a big difference to the start of last season.

With the talented squad we now have, this league should be a walk through, hopefully!

Guest cider_kirk
no on about city not rovers  doh.gif

with heywood coles carey and golbourne we are pretty much sorted and the smiths can do jobs at full back and clayton, orr and keogh can play centre back we have no problems as far as i'm concerned

17th don't you mean razz.gif

Archived