IGNORED

Chesterfield Game

Percy Parrot

well the 3 points welcome.

the 4-0 scoreline superb.

The performance NOT so great. The scoreline was VERY flattering but as we all know it's the 3 points and the goals that matter.

Glad of the gap between us and 7th but not so happy with the gap still there to 2nd.

The thing is the last 5 games have been great and all that but in reality all we have done is won 3 home games (2 of which against very lowly opposition) and 2 away games against lowly opposition. A big test will be these next 3 games- 2 very tough away games and an equally tough home fixture.

As for the East End today. Well...superb! Great atmosphere. A fair number of us in there and a huge amount of noise, passion and fun...for once!! Glad to hear the other stands heard us and I'm sure that noise was what kept the players going to get those 3 late goals!

Comments made by a few about behaviour- well chanting- there's nothing you can do about that. It could happen anywhere in the ground. I didn't like certain chants as I felt they were vitriolic and unnecessary. That said what can you do?

As for charging away fans? Well firstly- just to clarify the mass movement pre-kick-off was when they opened up another block. There were about a dozen or so who filled the gangway when the goals were scored but it wasn't a charge for the away fans. It was celebratory. That said, I can see why stewards, police and the club would look unfavourably on it but it is easily remedied. Simply section off those back few rows. If all the fans are seated in the main block of seats then fans would not be able to move or charge or any such thing. Along with this you put fans right up against the fence so that there is no walkway to run into.

Superb result by the players. Superb support by the fans.

Finally a big thank you to TommyCidered, CityGal, Wesco, 2 Acres Red and Godzilla who helped make today's East End trial work. I have probably missed someone out...if so please PM me so I can give you the credit you deserve. Many thanks.

Finally a big thank you to TommyCidered, CityGal, Wesco, 2 Acres Red and Godzilla who helped make today's East End trial work. I have probably missed someone out...if so please PM me so I can give you the credit you deserve. Many thanks.

Consider this a PM from everyone else in the stand.

Edit: I would just like to congratulate and thank you Percy for your proactive and positive efforts prior to the game. No moaning, just efforts to make it work. Nice one. Or should I say... spare play!?!

Archived