IGNORED

Eastend

bs3

I was in the A block of the Williams and I thought the Eastend was very impressive.

The charge in was superb must have intimerdated the Chesterfield fans who didn't make a nosie all afternoon.

I don't however understand a few fans on here who campainged to go back in the Eastend and create an atmosphere like the good old days and then moaned about fans goading the aways fans, certain chants and songs they disliked,the rough and phsical celerbration when City scored(which looked reaaly impressive).

For crying out loud what do you want and what did you expect.

Looking from a far it did seem it was like the Eastend used to be like with the good the bad and the ugly. It seems now after tasting it you now want to go back to your nice seats and sanitised atmosphere and applaud politely when we score a goal.

You are as I suspected middle class softies.

I hope the Eastend stays open it added to the atmosphere. Chatting after the match I know a lot more fans would like to go in there.

Eastend was a succses yesterday well done.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"You are as I suspected middle class softies."

It was all good and none of the stuff that happenend would bother me (execpt standing on seats) but I was trying to make a point that those incidents would be the perfect excuses for certain people not to open the stand - The club, POLICE, and local council

Guest BCFC Matt
"You are as I suspected middle class softies."

It was all good and none of the stuff that happenend would bother me (execpt standing on seats) but I was trying to make a point that those incidents would be the perfect excuses for certain people not to open the stand - The club, POLICE, and local council

I can see what you're saying Willsbridge Red, but i dont think the club and authorities would be that petty minded-would they??? :)

They asked for an atmosphere and that was what we gave them, the CLUB branded it a "trial" so therefore i think that it was a sucess, and hopefully the club will see it in that light aswell.

When they classed it as a "trial", I'm not sure wether they were actually going to give us the Eastend back permanently or at least regularly if it was a sucess?

I think their were about 16 stewards in there yesterday, and with alot of the singers in there i would think some came from there usual areas of the ground, so does that really mean extra stewards, even if so then the following facts may help.

When i entered the ground at 2.15pm and the was about a third of the final population in there , I paid with CASH., the guy on the turnstile was writing down how many paid with cash, or I can prsume he was, as he wrote me down as 24 and there was adamn sight more than 24 in the end.

Therefore id say at least 100 people paid on the gate x £15 = £1500

Now would these 100 have turned up if the club hadnt opened up the East End, well I wouldnt Thats for sure, call me part time or what ever but thats the TRUTH.

The club made £75 from our little group that they would not have made.

Now if this is open again folowing the resounding success, I'm sure many would flock back in there, maybe as many as 500 paying on the day x ££15 = £7500.

Surely this outweighs the cost of a few stewards.

Just a thought

Sorry, but that's cr*p. You can't tell me that many fans went yesterday, just because the East End was open. I don't buy it. The population of the East End was made up mainly of Atyeo people, hence the many empty seats in there yesterday. Also, if there were that many newbies, the crowd would have been considerably higher than it was. Incidentally, I though 11,800 was awful considering the run we are on. QPR had 17,000 and Plymouth 13,000 +.

But we want to be allowed in there again. Vitriolic chanting and running towards away end doesn't give the right impression to the club, police or stewards.

The fact is that the club won't look kindly upon that. I was in there and I know for a fact that it was not violent and there was never going to be any trouble. BUT it will make club officials nervous...it just doesn't give the impression the club want.

You don't need all that to get behind the team...you can just sing about City.

It can be easily solved by taking away the back section of seats so people cannot run into any isle. But people may still take it as being more 'aggressive' and thus impossible to do for games against Plymouth, Swindle, Gas, Cardiff etc etc.

Archived