IGNORED

Steve Cotterall

Robbored

Guest pogue mahone

did well at cheltenham, but looked out of his depth at sjoke and sunderland. i'd say the jury is still out on his ability, and i see another false dawn rising

Guest brfc1883
did well at cheltenham, but looked out of his depth at sjoke and sunderland. i'd say the jury is still out on his ability, and i see another false dawn rising
Just 'cause you're jealous. I seem to remember a certain Danny Wilson coming to City82 ltd, and having a similar record to Mr Cotterill. I think that IF Mr Cotterill does become our next manager, it will be a fantastic appointment for the gas. It wont be long before we will be joining you boys back in the SECOND division :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Guest brfc1883
I'm not trying to score points but BRFC 1883 need a new chairman not a new manager. You could appoint Alex Ferguson at BRFC 1883 but with a Chairman like Dunford providing no money even Ferguson would be a flop.
I disagree. I think in Geoff Dunford we have one of the BEST chairmen in the league. I will always back him to the hilt along with many other gasheads. IF Steve Cotterill is appointed, as we are led to believe, I really do believe he will turn our fortunes around.

He's been spotted at our last 3 or 4 games, and IMO, would not come to a club he didn't think he could do anything with, he's obviously going to try and kick start his career again. We will have to wait and see! :)

Guest brfc1883
....What ????!!!!!!

Geoff Dunford has presided over the release of Holloway and the mullet head - good managers, Bobby Zamora, Ellington, Gall, Roberts, Cureton, Stewart, Hales, Tilson etc  :D

Each of the above named players are/were at Div 1 level and above.

Are you serious about your Dunford sentiments???  :)

Yes perfectly serious. Without the Dunfords, there would NOT be a Bristol Rovers.

When they came to the club back in 1986, we were forced to go to Twerton Park and play there for 10 years. We now have our OWN ground back in Bristol, Ok it's not ideal at the moment, but there are plans in place to improve that situation,and it is OURS. We have made strides to reduce our debt in recent seasons, yes we have suffered in recent years, but we WILL be back, make no mistake!

With regards the players and managers we have 'released', the only ones we have released have been Gall & Tillson. We got money for Zamora, Ellington,Roberts,Hayles,Cureton & Stewart. You are not SERIOUSLY suggesting we could have kept hold of most of these players and kept them happy knowing 'bigger' clubs would have been tracking them? You lot have done the same only recently with Murray.

Holloway wanted to leave, and Gerry Francis' heart wasn't in the job anymore.

Here they go again, the gas telling anyone that will listen that their new manager will be a fantastic appointment and will turn their season around. Do you all remember Martin Dobson, Malcolm Allison, John Ward, Denis Rofe, Ian Holloway, Gerry Francis, Garry Thompson and of course Graydon, haven't the Dunfords appointed all of these? :)

Guest brfc1883
Here they go again, the gas telling anyone that will listen that their new manager will be a fantastic appointment and will turn their season around.  Do you all remember Martin Dobson, Malcolm Allison, John Ward, Denis Rofe, Ian Holloway, Gerry Francis, Garry Thompson and of course Graydon, haven't the Dunfords appointed all of these? :D
Ok, I cant remember anyone saying 'Martin Dobson, thats a good appointment'.

Malcolm Allison was just a stop gap, and he was fairly successful whilst with us, John Ward was very successful, it was a mistake letting him go, Denis Rofe was fairly successful, and I have explained the situations with bot Holloway & Francis.

Graydon WAS a mistake, we all agree with that, but you have made plenty of those yourselves. Ward, Pulis, Lennartson, Jordan, and if Danny Wilson is unsuccessful at the end of the season in gaining you promotion, you'll all be calling for his head! :)

Guest pogue mahone
Just 'cause you're jealous.
i really do believe that i have heard it all now.

i also lost a mouthful of a particularly good wine when i read that. good job my desk was clear or i may have ruined some important discs.

Guest brfc1883
i really do believe that i have heard it all now.

i also lost a mouthful of a particularly good wine when i read that. good job my desk was clear or i may have ruined some important discs.

Have you ever heard the term 'tongue in cheek'?

Guest DukeCoxer

I think coterril would do a decent job at rovers, hes proved he can work well with low end teams, and lets face it it dosent get any lower than rovers!

I am afraid, the only reason many people on this forum call for Wilson's head is the sheer frustration of not playing football at a higher level in which the City of Bristol deserves.. We are generally, sick and tired of being stuck in divison 2 and i know that this season will be one in which wilson will take the cider army to divison 1..

Danny, i feel did feel the pressure, coming to the biggest club in the south west, however we are aiming for divion one and beyond, whereas you are quoted above as "we will be back, back in the second division.."

I hope both bristol clubs achieve the dreams they want... for the sake of our children..

Tell you what, why not give Devon White and Carl Saunders a call, and see if the can still run onto a 80 feet - high pass?

I think that IF Mr Cotterill does become our next manager, it will be a fantastic appointment for the gas. It wont be long before we will be joining you boys back in the SECOND division :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:
agree be a good appointment but I'm afaid you wont be playing us again in the second division -evan if we dont get promotion this season we will the next

Guest brfc1883

You lot have got ideas above your station! And you're tired of being stuck in the second division! try being in the third! As for biggest club in the south west! I think that might be Plymouth to be honest with you. :)

Guest bcfccider

I had forgotten what this banter was like. Ever since Rovers 'strangely' missed out on promotion, and went into decline we have not heard a peep!!.

When they came to the club back in 1986, we were forced to go to Twerton Park and play there for 10 years. We now have our OWN ground back in Bristol, Ok it's not ideal at the moment, but there are plans in place to improve that situation,and it is OURS. We have made strides to reduce our debt in recent seasons, yes we have suffered in recent years, but we WILL be back, make no mistake!

I think you will find the rugby ground is not owned by the football club but by a company the dunfords set up to rob it from bristol rugby club the true owners of the mem.

Me thinks this could be mr dunfords retirement fund, good bit of real estate at the top of muller rd.

I found it quite amusing that when all the fuss about the stadium in south glouceshire first surfaced that mr dunford already knew how much this bit of real estate was worth.(5 million i think was quoted in the evil post) i could be wrong on this amount, would you want to live were the gas have tread.

Cotterill will be a good choice for the Gas, skint, lower league football..Greydoom was always going to kill you off. Dunford good for Rovers, hmmmmmmm, I wouldnt trust him, I gotta say..

As for biggest club in the west : its City, followed by the Gas, then Plymuff...

Christ you'll be saying Baadiff play fair soon..

Guest redrobin108
Just 'cause you're jealous. I seem to remember a certain Danny Wilson coming to City82 ltd, and having a similar record to Mr Cotterill. I think that IF Mr Cotterill does become our next manager, it will be a fantastic appointment for the gas. It wont be long before we will be joining you boys back in the SECOND division :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:
Wake up and smell the coffee

Archived