IGNORED

Petition

Stoke_Gifford_Red

Guest two acres red

i would also like to say if any forum members have yet to sign the petition could they please do so. It would be great to have the East End back just look at yesterdays trial.

Guest KirstyF

Just out of interest, if we were to get the whole of the East End back, where would everyone want the away fans housed instead? :Confused13:

Guest knapster

yep i agree, the sooner we get back the east end the sooner we can get points fast, and get an atmosphere back in at ashton gate,

dont delay sign today :P

knapster

Just out of interest, if we were to get the whole of the East End back, where would everyone want the away fans housed instead? :Confused13:
Personally I'd put them in the Ateyo, then they'd have to put up with the rubbish acoustics. But everyone would complain that we shouldn't give our newest and best stand (for facilities, seats etc) to the away fans.

The best option would probably be to only have 1/2 the East End back and hopefully only the diehards will go there and the atmosphere will be better; then the away fans can go in the other 1/2. If we had the whole of the Wedlock, the fans would be more spread out and the noise would not be so loud. That's why it was so good yesterday, we were all concentrated in a group.

http://www.petitiononline.com/eastend/petition.html

Some of you may already have signed it.

ah good one, i just signed it...

the east end makes the ideal singing area for

city fans who want to make a atmosphere and sing

without annoying those who want to sit and watch the

game in peace...

ok games where teams bring a lot of fans such as

sheffield did then we can't go in there but teams

rarely bring that amount of fans.....

:Costumed19: LET US HAVE IT BACK :)

Guest eviltaxman

I've just done my bit. I'm not a season ticket holder... just don't get the chance to go anywhere near as often as a few years ago.... but the EE has got to be used by the fans that deserve it.... City fans. I remember years ago, the atmosphere that was generated and it was all standing room only. None of this namby pamby seating rubbish (which costs more to replace).

If we can get even half the EE back, it'll be excellent. As mentioned by others, the noise in AG is badly lacking. All the club has to do is erect a double layer of fence between the two sets of fans, where a few stewards can stand.... if worse comes to the worst, stick all the away fans in the corner and have the divider just to the right of the goal (as you look at it from the pitch), that way the loyal fans can get behind the team (literally) each game.

Away fans? Locate them in a cordoned off block of the Williams Stand. As visitors tend to sing, that may create atmosphere in there!

I've accidentally signed the petition twice. I tried going back, but it was too late. I'm 106 & 107, sorry!

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

This petition is still going strong then!

Me and City_Nut (pete row) set it up some time ago and not too long ago brought it back to the forums attention.

Nice to see that people are still signing!!

I acknowledge the sentiment behind organising a petition and I understand the reasoning.

However, it may be more advantageous to try and work with the club to find an amicable solution, rather than creating a 'them and us' feeling between the fans and the club by handing in petitions and suchlike.

The club have listened to what you have said about the East End and have agreed to open it again against Colchester.

I feel it would be far better for you to talk to Colin Sexstone and whoever else is involved, rather than drumming up a petition 'demanding' the East End is given back to home supporters, as that will only get their backs up.

You want to go in the East End and the club has it in its power to say 'Yes' or 'No', so to get a 'Yes', it's important you liaise with the club in a way that keeps them on your side and helps you get the outcome you want.

Archived