IGNORED

Top Two

bs3

I think Plymouth are so far ahead now I just can't see them being out of the top two come May. As for QPR there the team to catch, if I was a QPR fan I would be confindant that they would finish secound.

So its going to take one almighty effort to win promotion so we can't avoid many more draws or defeats.

If I had to lay a big bet on to name the top two I would go for QPR and Plymouth. If we lose 3 more matches Plymouth must lose six, I just can't see it happening.

Guest Topbuzz

I think weve more chance of catching plymouth looking at the squads QPR are much stronger overall i can see plymouth losing a few players and dropping down ...QPR were a classy side when we played them away us n QPR to go up i say !

If we lose 3 more matches that means we would be 19 points behind Plymouth.

If Plymouth lose there next 3 matches and we win the next three we would be 1 point behind, now if we lose another 3 matches from than until the end of the season and Plymouth after there 3 defeats don't lose again they would be 10 points a head, so that means if we lose 3 games from now until the end of the season P lymouth must lose 6.

Wow,174 points still to play (Plymouth,QPR,&City)for and you think one of the spots is already filled! Have you ever watched an athletics 800m race, no-one remembers who was leading the race after 2 laps,if our assumptions and predictions were as good as we would like to believe we would all be living off the millions we had won on the pools.

The introduction of 3 points for a win coupled with play-offs changed modern day football by extending promotion & relegation issues for most clubs.Come the last day of the season it is likely that half the clubs in our division will still be really competitive having something to play for.

The home games against both Plymouth & QPR are of course "6"pointers ,but are none the less just part of the remaining race.If we were in Plymouth's shoes right now would we already be celebrating the return of 1st div. football? I think not........

Qpr and plymouth are catchable, all we need is for them to have a bad patch and us to keep winning. Qpr have a tough game away to bournmouth on saturday who are just picking up form , if we can beat hartlepool and colchester and they loose we will only be 2 points behind them.

Qpr and plymouth are catchable, all we need is for them to have a bad patch and us to keep winning. Qpr have a tough game away to bournmouth on saturday who are just picking up form , if we can beat hartlepool and colchester and they loose we will only be 2 points behind them.
...and we will still have to play them and Plymouth, and QPR and Plymouth have to play each other.

Why do people continually say Plymouth will fall away. They've won 8 out of their last 9 games. They have a good, solid squad assembled down there who Paul Sturrock gets the abosolute best out of.

They will not fall away, they will be up around the top for the rest of the season believe me. You don't become that bad a team overnight and not regain any sort of form. We have no devine right to catch them - if we do, it will be out of good form between now and May.

Its game on, but QPR & Plymouth are firmly ahead of us.

The thing is, things can change very quickly in football.

During the end of September, October, November and December last season we put together a 19 game unbeaten run. On losing that very run we went around 6 weeks without a win.

On current form, they won't fall away.

But a couple of losses, head's could drop, and thing's could slip. It'd be naive to rule that out considering last season fiasco.

The thing is, things can change very quickly in football.

During the end of September, October, November and December last season we put together a 19 game unbeaten run. On losing that very run we went around 6 weeks without a win.

On current form, they won't fall away.

But a couple of losses, head's could drop, and thing's could slip. It'd be naive to rule that out considering last season fiasco.

Talking of bad runs - Cardiff recently lost 5 games in a row.

I would suggest our chance of an automatic is Hollowheads shower caving in, not Plymuff, we have to keep consistently winning, and hope they dont, thats why we can catch QPR, but I think it would be a major surprise if we caught Plymuff now.

Never say never, but I would suggest unlikely

Guest redrobin108

Remember in April QPR and Plymouth play each other.

Both still have tight games to play and if we do win our game in hand, we will be 7 points behind Plymouth, if we then beat them we could be only 4 points behind and if the drop points against QPR it could be down to only 1.

Yes, it is, ifs.

But its not other, by a long shot.

Lets look at the league after the easter games.

We could be playing plymouth for the championship in April or QPR for second place.

Roll on April. :P

...I'm sure BRFC1883 will back me on this one - a few seasons back the Gas were points clear at the top of Div 2 with 10 games remaining. They beat us at the Rugby ground and lost the other 9 games to finish 7th and miss even the play-offs  B)  :D

Hollowhead's QPR will blow up just as Hollowhead's Gas did - ten games and they f##ked it up  :D

I think Plymouth's run will come to an end also to leave Bristol's red aces to breeze through for the Championship.  :P

yep goblin your spot on the gas did do the mighty fall from top to 7th

they missed out on the play offs by getting beat by then relegated

cardiff city 1-0 :D

Archived