IGNORED

Some Constructive Criticism

greenun

So, we huffed; and we puffed; and we finally blew Chesterfield's straw house down.

Four-nil was a fantastic, deserved result, but against pathetic, lightweight and clueless opponents, whose only hope of a goal was a Tony Butler "assist".

Football played forever sideways, with crosses from the eighteen-yard line won't test the likes of sterner competition.

Goodfellow is a vibrant, exciting player, but is LEFT-footed and not once yesterday made a cross from the bye-line to force Chesterfield's defenders to face their own goal. He should start on the left wing, where my patience with the "enigma" Aaron Brown has finally run out. Unfortunately, Aaron does not produce the mental strength to match his "potential" and has no postional sense and abilty to outstrip his markers, albeit in very brief flashes. Why not play Marvin on the right? After all, isn't he right-footed?

Why Peacock and Miller continue to be paired up front, is a source of bemusement to me, as they're of a similar ilk. Neither possesses the pace to support swift counter-attacks, as was proved when Goodfellow's surging run and cross was deflected behind for a corner, with no City forward in the 18-yard box.

In my opinion LP or LM would be the perfect foil for Leroy Lita, who is surely the "fox-in-the-box" we've been crying out for since the departure of Tony Thorpe.

The centre of midfield yearns for a player who can carry the ball from centre circle to penalty box; and put defenders on the back foot - so come back soon Luke Wilkshire. Okay, so Tommy put himself about yesterday, but doesn't have the abilty to drive attacks that result in a shot on target, that really test the keeper. No, instead, we have to rely on the tried and trusted, effervescent Tinnion, who is still able to pick the most stubborn of locks, with fantastic through-balls.

Automatic promotion material? Until we improve on the areas mentioned, its the play-off lottery for us. Call me a moaner, shoot me down, or burn me in hell, I'm NOT satisfied.

Guest dez_gimred

i couldnt even be bothered to read that ###t...

whats the point in moaning and repeating what has already been said?

cant you just be content with 3 points???

of course u are entitled to your opinion....i just wont read it

:)

Postive responses I can deal with, but insults from narrow minded individuals like you are another matter.

What's your contribution to this debate, or is mindless swearing the sum total of that or any future postings on this forum?

Guest dez_gimred

i dont have a contribution to this debate...

A) I'm content with 3 points

B) it isnt a debate as most fans are happy about winning games...criticism, contructive or not isnt always necessary my friend...

as for naming me narrow minded...I'm not bothered

I'm sure other forum users are sick of moaning from people...

or maybe its just me....so shoot me, its a free country!

Guest dez_gimred

like i said...I'm not bothered...

i just didnt see the point in criticising a good division 2 team...which is what we are currently.

I dont know what you are expecting at this level when a win isnt good enough.

i appologise.

So, we huffed; and we puffed; and we finally blew Chesterfield's straw house down.

Four-nil was a fantastic, deserved result, but against pathetic, lightweight and clueless opponents, whose only hope of a goal was a Tony Butler "assist".

In my opinion LP or LM would be the perfect foil for Leroy Lita, who is surely the "fox-in-the-box" we've been crying out for since the departure of Tony Thorpe.

The centre of midfield yearns for a player who can carry the ball from centre circle to penalty box; and put defenders on the back foot - so come back soon Luke Wilkshire. Okay, so Tommy put himself about yesterday, but doesn't have the abilty to drive attacks that result in a shot on target, that really test the keeper. No, instead, we have to rely on the tried and trusted, effervescent Tinnion, who is still able to pick the most stubborn of locks, with fantastic through-balls.

Automatic promotion material? Until we improve on the areas mentioned, its the play-off lottery for us. Call me a moaner, shoot me down, or burn me in hell, I'm NOT satisfied.

Football played forever sideways, with crosses from the eighteen-yard line won't test the likes of sterner competition.

Spot On.

Goodfellow is a vibrant, exciting player, but is LEFT-footed and not once yesterday made a cross from the bye-line to force Chesterfield's defenders to face their own goal. He should start on the left wing, where my patience with the "enigma" Aaron Brown has finally run out. Unfortunately, Aaron does not produce the mental strength to match his "potential" and has no postional sense and abilty to outstrip his markers, albeit in very brief flashes. Why not play Marvin on the right? After all, isn't he right-footed?

I wouldn't mind seeing that and I'd have a large bet that he'd score more goals than his brother if he had the same chance.Alternatively have one of the three sub and that would give you the chance to swap them around.It would also put pressure on AB to perform.

Why Peacock and Miller continue to be paired up front, is a source of bemusement to me, as they're of a similar ilk.

Me to.

Neither possesses the pace to support swift counter-attacks, as was proved when Goodfellow's surging run and cross was deflected behind for a corner, with no City forward in the 18-yard box.

Exactly-One or the other and, on current form that would be LP-Not both.Lita deserves his chance and, although I'm far from his biggest fan, Roberts

Wilkshire was brought in to replace Tinnion (Eventually) and we'd have at least 9 more points if Danny, "don't tell me where to play people," Wilson had realised what the entire crowd had from day one.

You're far from a moaner, just being honest and a City Fan.Well said.

3 Points, smashing, super, etc etc, better to win than to draw lose etc :D

BUT 1-0 till the last 10 minutes or so, gainst 2nd bottom side, who leak goals?.....hmmmm :)

We are 3rd, allegedly one of the favorites for promotion, but we make heavy work of finishing sides like Chesterfraud off. :):(

A couple of questions:

Following the Butler OG last week, and nearly another this week, why is he playing, and if he is put under this pressure, because someone else is the problem, why aint that player dropped? :D

Why is Aaron almost always first pick? he just aint consisatant enough! :D

Why is it always Miller subbed, Peacock does have bad days too? :D

Why didnt Robbo play, and if its because DW, dont want him no more, why aint he transfer listed? :D:D

Why is it when sides come to the Gate for a draw, it takes City sooooo long to break em down?? Ever since we were last relegated, a large number of sides home here to do exactly that, and still we struggle to out think them! :D

Why do DW insist on playing these players mentioned above pretty much without having to play well? :D

3 Points, smashing, super, etc etc, better to win than to draw lose etc :)

BUT 1-0 till the last 10 minutes or so, gainst 2nd bottom side, who leak goals?.....hmmmm :)

There's always a YEAH BUT.

Try a different spin on things.

Plymouth were 6-0 up against Chesterfiels by half time. Perhaps the fact we scored 3 in the last 6 minutes is a sign of our fitness and the fact we play for 90 mins now.

Another thing. Forget the Plymouth game. Prior to Saturday Chesterfield were actually one of Div 2's form teams. I believe they won 4 out of their 5 previous games. They are the only team to win at Barnsley and outplayed Wednesday in gaining a draw at Hillsborough.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Do tend to agree with tompo in that at least we keep going for the full 90mins. Correct me if I'm wrong but even before Saturdays game the majority of our goals scored are in the last 10 mins.

True, we do score lots in the last ten minutes, which is a source of amazement to me why so many leave before the last whistle. If we're losing 0-1 with 10 minutes left, why do some of our "supporters" leave? The teams needs support right then to lift themselves towards an equaliser... some supporters if you ask me who desert them.

Stats support the fact City score plenty in the last 10 minutes so those who leave early miss out on surely the most enjoyable aspect of the game, goals.

As to chesterfraud, they were simply appalling and deserved to be put away. I've never seen team so inept at passing.

whats the point in moaning and repeating what has already been said?

of course u are entitled to your opinion....i just wont read it

:)

Not only have you read it, you've also replied to it.

There were lots of people on here last season who I dubbed the BFP-Blind Faith Possee.

As a member you did not, under any circumstances:

a.Criticise DW

b.Suggest an alternative

As the season concluded and the inevitable happened, they seemed to disband and early this year more critical voices were apparent.

Typically they said things like:

Why is LW on the wing?-He's now in central midfield 20 games late.

Butlers out of form-He was dropped and reinstated for no apparent reason.

Aaron Brown is inconsistent-Still is and we've signed another left winger.

Millers not scoring enough-Dropped then reinstated when LP was injured-Could be about to be dropped again if DW doesn't mind admitting he's wrong again!

Burnell can't pass-Dropped....eventually.

JB & TB shouldn't play together in central midfield-Partnership split, eventually and we climb the table!

The problem at City isn't with those of us who criticise it's a manager who is stubborn and won't admit he's wrong.

Or we can take your view and just close the Forum because there's no point in having one if there is no value in opinion and we all follow like sheep.That's not being a fan it's being remedial.

Guest Harry May

Agree with some of what you say - but not all of it . Aaron Brown is an enigma , I believe he is probably the most naturally gifted player at our club , but he does n't seem to apply himself at 100% for every game . He is far too inconsistent.

I would like to see Goodfellow on the Left Wing and Roberts on the Right - that would give us superb attacking options on both wings.

Upfront I disagree with you. I think Peacock was excellent on Saturday ,and Miller also did well.Both of them had lumps kicked out of them in a very physical battle. I think Miller is used to wear the opposition down ,so that Lita can exploit their tiredness . As long as we are still picking up points , I am happy to see Peacock/Miller start , with Lita coming on with 20 or so mins to go.

I thought it was great to see Woody come on , as well Saturday. I believe him to be a very underated player.

Caldicot Red.

... crosses from the eighteen-yard line won't test the likes of sterner competition.

I didn't see too much wrong with Matt Hill's cross from thereabouts for Windy's disallowed goal (and Beckham does it all the time).

Goodfellow is a vibrant, exciting player, but is LEFT-footed and not once yesterday made a cross from the bye-line to force Chesterfield's defenders to face their own goal.

V

V

V

Why Peacock and Miller continue to be paired up front, is a source of bemusement to me, as they're of a similar ilk. Neither possesses the pace to support swift counter-attacks, as was proved when Goodfellow's surging run and cross was deflected behind for a corner, with no City forward in the 18-yard box.

Am I alone in seeing the self-contradiction here? ... wasn't Jolly's cross cut back from the bye-line with his right? ... it was the Lees who had combined to put him through and Leapy had, in fact, been floored in the process (probably by the donkey Blubberwick, again). If I remember correctly Aaron had supported the move but the ball didn't quite reach him, que sera.

Oh, and Robert Pires prefers his right foot but doesn't do a bad job on the left. Also it may be we'll see Jolly on the left with Christian operating on the right between now and the end of the season (or vice versa?, or switching during matches?) - woe betide the defenders trying to stem that tidal wave of pace!

1) Enough people have already responded to point out that Leroy's strengths are best used against donkeys who have knackered themselves beating up on the Lees, what possible benefit is there in asking Leroy to take that sort of battering?

2) Since the departure of the Goat would be more like it - Leroy shows every sign of fitting the bill in future providing he isn't broken in the process. From the piece on the official site he clearly understands what he needs to do.

In summary, we appear to be going into the final phases of the season with rising confidence, competition and cover for places and with fitter pacier and more varied options than I don't know when ... if I had anything to do with QPR or Plymouth I'd be looking over my shoulder and bricking myself (if you'll pardon the expression)

3 points are 3 points! they are a team struggling fighting for survival - ie the result for man u on the weekend..

We were complaining at the start of the season, now we are on a run we are still complaining..

We are up there and will be there or there abouts come may - for me if we would have won 1-0 i would have been ecstatic on the weekend, like i always am when we win, in whatever way we did it in...

enjoy this time, have a rest, cause I'm sure before may we will be in for another sticky patch then I'm sure a load of us on here will be calling for dannys head again...

As for slagging off Wilson and the team - we're now winning games and that's all I'm really interested in.

Please don't make false accusations Mr RG.

Didn't you read the title of my posting?

I DIDN'T slag off Wilson and the team, merely addressed areas where "I" believed there was room for improvement.

Guest SuttonRed

Nice to hear a bit of constructive advice (Greenun) on the forum in the wake of a considerable imrpovement in recent performances.

We still aren't quite right but we are getting the points which is vital. Greenun has got it right,should we make div 1 here's hoping!, we have a lot to do to survive.

My opinion of DW as a tactician hasn't changed,should we not be achieving these results in a division this poor anyway!!!

Guest SuttonRed

Fair enough!!

I'm trying to say in a convoluted way that we need a bit of perspective on the last 5 games and greenun's right.

I'll be as happy as anyone if we go up, but there are issues with bcfc.

No pleasing some people eh........

Archived