IGNORED

City V Chesterfraud

Bristol Boy

Phillips 7/10 caught more than he punched and did what he had to, which wasn't much.

Carey 7/10 Goal put him up from a six.Distribution average overall.Good defender.

Coles 6/10 Just keep the passing short.Average distribution.Good defender.

Butler 6/10 See Coles,Carey & Hill.Won some important headers defending set pieces.

Hill 6/10 Some awful passing in the first half.Good defender.

Doherty 8/10 Goal at last which makes the fact that he doesn't score more even more annoying and puts him up from a 7.Some good passing and looked to keep up with the ball if not get past it.MOM.

Tinnion 7/10 Marked up for some decent passes late on.The long range stuff wasn't as good.

Goodfellow 6/10 Goal saved him from a 5.Came inside to much and didn't supply enough decent crosses or get of enough left foot shots.Narrowed the play to much.Well taken goal and good run which will be even more effective on the break away from home.

Brown 6/10 Didn't do enough and should look to drive low across the keeper when shooting, not high and at a nice saveable height-Take nore Micky Bell who did the same in the same position.

Miller 6/10 Won enough in the air but the LP/LM partnership still didn't look great.Failed to score again.We really do need to cross outswingers from the left and right byelines and I'd criticise AB & MG for not doing half enough of that.

Peacock 7/10 Would have been 8 without that howling miss in the first half.Lead the line well, worked very hard and was a constant menance.

Bell 6/10 No different that AB.

Lita 7/10 Scored and was lively.

Woodman 5/10 Didn't have much time to settle.

City Form: First 80 mins 5/10 last 10 Mins 8/10.

All in all, I thought our tempo was far to slow apart from the last ten minutes and we need to be at high tempo at AG.I'm looking forward to seeing LW back and him slipping balls through for Roberts,Goodfellow & Brown to run onto.

I was disappointed with MG after his bright debut at Notts County although, a goal a game isn't to be sniffed at!

Not enough quality crosses by a mile, which negates Millers effectiveness.

Three Points, Four Goals & A clean sheet are all confidence boosters but next weeks game at Hartlepool will tell us loads more about where we'll finish this season.

We have good solid defenders, at this level but after yesterdays overal performance I can well see why DW's holding on for contract talks!

Archived