IGNORED

Food Again

potbelly

I took by Brother-in -law from Doncaster to the game on Saturday. (His 3rd game at the Gate and never seen us lose or draw.)

At about 1pm, at home, we were offered lunch by Mrs Potbelly.

"No thanks" he said, I`m looking forward to a proper "football pie"

He couldn`t believe that we didn`t have anythng on offer like they do in the many grounds he has visited ooop north.

No hot pork pies or real speciality pies with slices of meat in them. He listed at least half a dozen grounds with what he called proper food.

This got me thinking, It`s not just a matter of the food at AG being cr@p. It has no identity.

Even the gas have pasties to be proud of.

We must start selling Clarks pies asap. Not just because they are better, but because they are from BRISTOL.

We can`t have the Eastend back, we`re not allowed to stand up.. but can we please have some decent grub and a little bit of our identity back.

I ocassionally have a steak and kidney pie at AG, and as meat pies go I find them perfectly acceptable. I do wonder why we don't have a wider range of products available rather than the pie/burger/chips/fizzy drink stuff though.

How about some decent sandwiches? Baked potatoes? Soup. Some chocolate brownies or muffins. A healthier soft drink option.

I do like the Guinness in the Red and White bar though. :)

Guest bcfccider

I think my points from my 'catering debacle letter' were brought up at the fans meeting last week, so I would like to know how they will progress, as they have said that it will be the priority for the next meeting. A 'fudge' will not be acceptable or we should start boycotting the hatches serving the offal!

They could worse than seeking the advice of Delia Smith on the catering and the football !

How about some decent sandwiches? Baked potatoes? Soup. Some chocolate brownies or muffins. A healthier soft drink option.

We did use to have a soup option a number of years ago - this just vanished without any notice - I guess this went because it was hot and people liked it. :Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Alright I know this aint a popular view, but why are you all so worried about the food at City? Its not like you're going for a gourmet meal is it.

Nothing will improve untill the stadium is redeveloped in my view.

If the food is so bad, or doesn't sell what you want, why not take it with you? Perfectly allowed, though obviously this doesn't help with hot food

Guest bcfccider

I can see your point, besides I am on a diet!

Basically most of us on this forum are die hard fans, we would go whether there is food or not and if the football is poor.

My point is that unfortunately there are too many people in this City who find excuses not to go to the football. Wife duties, DIY etc. I have nothing but scorn for people who woul rather support a Premiership club than their local club and not bavk their own sides. In a strange way I sometimes have more respect for 'gasheads' as at least they have virtue in their own self dillusion.

Therefore the club needs to attract the floating fans and eliminate excuses for them not to go. This is is why the whole football experience needs to be improved, so that when the teams's form takes a dip people can still be encouraged to attend. Matters like toilets, catering, bars, entertainment are important to make the football match a day out.

If I have got this wrong, I will keep quiet!!

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

Personally I had a pasty from the dolman stand kiosk not only did it come in its own keep hot bag it actually was quite nice. Also they do still sell soup its just that sometimes they don't stir it enough.

Maybe the problem is that the need for food is only once every two weeks and not everyday like a MCdonalds for example (hmm theres a thought Mcdonalds down the gate)

Guest red_pill
Therefore the club needs to attract the floating fans and eliminate excuses for them not to go

Prawn sandwiches for the non-singers perhaps?

obiously i am male but my point is that on saturday at half time and i went and brought 2 yorkie bars. i had a five pound note and some other loose change so i thought if i gave £5.60 i would just get £4 back but first the bloke gave me like £2.50 back then i said this is the wrong change and still he gaved the wrong change.

as someone who doesn't get time to go home before a game on a Saturday and usually has to rush to get the ground, food is often needed at some point - problem is there is a distinct lack of veggie food and anything that is anywhere near edible!

Improvement needed for all those who don't get a chance to grab lunch first before they get to AG and when breakfast seems like an age ago :) Especially when it's cold too

Guest WestburyRed
Alright I know this aint a popular view, but why are you all so worried about the food at City?  Its not like you're going for a gourmet meal is it.

Fine for people who only live down the road (or locally), but I'm sure there are more than a few supporters (myself included) for which a home game at AG is still a 6 hour+ day out. A bit of decent grub at the ground would be very much appreciated!

The point is that if they are going to serve food it may as well be of a decent standard, many clubs with far poorer facilities than City can do it better so why can't AG?

hehe....its 80p  :)

but it might have gone up since the last time i looked which was ages ago!not this season at least!

Yeah, and my cup of black coffee the other day set me back £2.20 :)

I know that costs have to be raised a bit to take into account the fact that matches aren't played that often, but I can buy a jar of the stuff for that much!

On Saturday one group of people down the row from me had a flask. It seemed like a good enough idea, but I wondered how they got it past the stewards. Any ideas?

Archived