IGNORED

Next Season,,promoted Or Not?

Bristol Boy

I can see the clubs Dilema in a number of ways.

We can't afford and don't need, to retain players like Micky Bell on his wages if we stay down and Micky Bell wasn't good enough for Div 1 before so we'll have also have to release him for another reason, if we go up!

The biggest clear out will come if we are succesful.

Let's face facts:

Our first eight games next season could be:

Wolves a

Leicester h

Leeds a

Sunderland h

Norwich a

Ipswich h

West Ham a

Sheff Utd h

OK, three of those might go up, but you take my point.

Now, tell the truth, would you like to play those teams with Butler & Bell in your defence or Burnell in your midfield??

The gulf is growing and whilst it's an exciting prospect and I'd rather go up and give it a go, than not get promoted, we'd be relegated by Xmas with the current squad.

Yesterday convinced me that we will make the play offs.I still can't see us making the top two, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.It'd far from impossible, just unlikely, in my view.

If we do make the play offs, I think we're better equipped to win this time, barring a bad run of injuries to key players.

Promotion or not, Mickey Bell won't be offered a new contract in my opinion, he is one of the highest earners, if no THE highest earner and is'nt in the 1st team enough to warrant giving him another contract.

As for the rest, they have mostly all played in the same team as one another for the last couple of years and that can only be good for the club, they should now have an understanding of how eachother plays.

I would personally like to see anyone who is unlikely to feature in the 1st team set up released, to make the wages available for a few key new signings.

I don't think we would struggle in the 1st, but then we would'nt set the division alight either :) with what we have at the moment but we need more stregnth in depth.

Archived