IGNORED

How Fast Are Cats!?!

Percy Parrot

bcfc.co.uk says that CATS are leaving Ashton Gate at 8:00am for Hartlepool.

Route planner says it's a 5 hour journey so leaving at 8:00 would get them there for 1:00. BUT I guess route planner is for cars not coaches. So add another hour= 2:00. Then take into account there must be at least one stop of at least 30 mins surely...aren't they leaving it a bit tight? Surely they need to allow for traffic problems too!

Doesn't Route planner calculate an average speed of 30mph urban and 60mph motorway?

The coaches travel at around 35-40 mph and 65-70mph on the Motorway system which would roughly take an hour off the journey time.

Or.....maybe they know a quicker route.. :)

I quite often drive to Durham, which is slightly further than Hartlepool. I usually do it in about 4 hours or less. You have to be quite, erm, 'lively' to make it in this time though, but it is motorway or fast dual carriageway all the way.

For anyone driving: watch out for the speed cameras in the roadworks section of the A42, they're every few yards.

I'll be going up to Hartlepool on Friday evening and I'll definitely be keeping within the speed limit :)

Guest Uxbridge Red

Anyone know if the players have to endure the road journey, or are the club going to fly them up?

Even a trip up on Friday would be a nightmare before the game. I seem to remeber the players flying to Newcastle for a game against them many years ago.

CTID

Archived