IGNORED

Multiball System For The Ball Boys

Guest alex1089

Guest alex1089

Why don't we train our ball boys too use the Multiball system? The ball boys throw the ball back to the player straight away too keep the pace of the game up but if we are winning we can slow the game down also by taking longer to give the ball back to the player. Just been watching on Sky sports and the Derby manager was teaching the ball boys how to do multiball.

Worth city doing, could gain city many points. city.gif

Guest James M

It depends on the ref. They stipulate whether they want just one match ball (obviously with backups if it gets punctured, etc) or the multi-ball system.

But yeah, we should take advantage of it more.

This is going back quite a few years but I remember kenny Dalglish when he was manager of Liverpool, blaming a ball boy for throwing the ball back too quick in an FA cup tie at Anfield. The oppostion took a quick throw, scored and put Liverpool out of the Cup.

As a former ball boy at the gate (78/79) I can assure you that players, even your own, will give you verbals if you fanny about getting the ball back when they are in a hurry.

Guest mark whitehouse

All ball(persons) are given a ball. if the ball goes out, the nearest ballperson throws their ball to the player who wants the ball as fast as they can.

Players are paid a lot of money these days, I personally think : when the ball goes out of play the clock should be stopped . Just like Rugby League. On Average players are on the field for 90+ mins but ball is in play average 60mins. Whos getting good value us or a player only playing 60mins+

This is going back quite a few years but I remember kenny Dalglish when he was manager of Liverpool, blaming a ball boy for throwing the ball back too quick in an FA cup tie at Anfield.  The oppostion took a quick throw, scored and put Liverpool out of the  Cup. 

As a former ball boy at the gate (78/79)  I can assure you that players, even your own, will give you verbals if you fanny about getting the ball back when they are in a hurry.

i think u have got this wrong i am sure liverpool was playing away to blackburn and losing and one of the ball girls chucked it back quickly and they scored to force a replay i think i remebered that right

Archived