IGNORED

Saturday's Subs

Guest Dolman Moaner

Guest Dolman Moaner

Don't know if anyone has already picked up or posted on this, but after a quick look I can't see anything about it.

Saturday's Subs selection (that's easy for me to say) intrigued me.

Mickey Bell - I can see that, cover for left back or left midfield, or if a centre half was injured could slot in at left back allowing Matt Hill to move to centre half.

Leroy Lita - Again, yes. Probably current first choice first sub striker, obviously for Miller as Peacock never get's substituted.

Christian Roberts - Yes, right midfield or up front.

Marvin Brown - Can't fathom that one, much as I would like to see him involved and it would have been a tad unfair to leave him out after one game, he was never likely to get on ahead of Lita or Roberts was he.

Woodman - Didn't we already have that covered with Bell ?

Although managed to get on.

I would have rahter seen a sub keeper and Burnell personally, who could have come in and done a job in midfield or as an emergency right back.

I know we won 4 - 0 and everything was hunky dory, but with 5 subs I would rather see more of a cover for positions than we had on Saturday.

Guest Dolman Moaner
Ahhh, so this is "I got college work to do and won't be able to get on there tonight is it"?  :)  :)
I've done some :P

there's always tomorrow night.

Wasn't Woodman playing right back earlier in the season; QPR away sticks in the mind; I would have brought him on Saturday for Carey as his passing was worse than Hill's, however, we wouldn't have then seen what was a sweet low strike.

I didn't think the mix of subs was too bad; what I would have preferred to see is Bell come on for Butler; Hill switching inside and Roberts for Brown with Roberts playing right and Goodfellow left as I want to see what he can do in a more natural position.

Would be nice to see Miller stay on the last 20 and see if he can get a goal; he's gotta be gutted; all that good work he does dragging around the defence and never their at the end to reap the rewards.

Wasn't Woodman playing right back earlier in the season; QPR away sticks in the mind; I would have brought him on Saturday for Carey as his passing was worse than Hill's, however, we wouldn't have then seen what was a sweet low strike.

Strange that Carey was in the News of the World Div 2 team of the day.

Strange that Carey was in the News of the World Div 2 team of the day.
Not really, unless you presume they actually went to the game.

I always look at the team of the day myself and for Carey to have the same mark as Tommy Doherty proved to me (at least) that perhaps it's a 6 in general unless they score a goal or get mentioned as having a good or bad game.

Perhaps it's me; does anybody else think Carey was below par on Saturday?

Perhaps it's me; does anybody else think Carey was below par on Saturday?
Yes, he was. In fact, he was bloody awful against Notts County and again against Chesterfield.

It's a shame we've lost Amankwaah, as this is one position where we lack recognised cover and it shows in Carey's complacent performances. His passing was dreadful and he found the fifth row of the Williams Stand more often than I care to mention, when I assume he was aiming for Goodfellow.

He got a goal, and beautifully taken it was too, but that shouldn't detract from the fact that his performances have been woeful for 99.9% of the last two games.

Maybe there's an argument for bringing Ryan Harley into the first team, to at least put a bit of pressure on Carey's starting place, which would, hopefully, make him buck his ideas up.

Guest redrobin108

Very good point by Edson, but he is one of Wilsons golden boys and I fear the only way he would be dropped his through being suspended or injured.

Archived