IGNORED

April 2001...

Guest dan_84

Just been looking back through one of the links provided to the old message board and spotted a post about City players who would play in the premiership in the future, all of the names mentioned (bar Thorpe) are still with us, so just wondering 2 and a half years later how much people's minds have changed... And also, to add to the fun, if people have any new views about City players who will play premiership football in the future

Thorpe: "Tony thorpe would score alot of goals in a good prem team"

Philips: "Phillip WILL! I'm SURE OF THAT! he is only 22 and has at least 13 years left in him. You have to remember David Seaman spent his early carrer at Peterboro."

Bell

M Brown

A Brown: "Good Chance, Andy Gray Liked him against Kingstonian"

Amankwaah

Carey

Peacock: "i think manchester city may regret selling him now he is definetely premiership qaulity!!!!!"

Have just included a couple of choice quotes

Guest redrobin108

The only one out of the list above, will be Phillips, Coles.

If the rest were good enought, they would be there now.

Leroy Lita is not quite good enough and will be another player like Steve Bull, very good at the lower levels but not quite good enough for the premier.

Peacock and both Browns would have been snapped up by now.

Carey too inconsistent.

Moving into the non real world, my son played Championship Manager last night and he guided P'boro' to promotion this season. City went up through the play offs. He continued the game and next season Posh won Div 1 with City again going up through the play offs. The season after that, his PC made Lee Miller top scorer in the Prem.

Dunno if my heart would stand two consecutive play off promotions. Should we give Miller a long contract now?

Moving into the non real world, my son played Championship Manager last night and he guided P'boro' to promotion this season.  City went up through the play offs.  He continued the game and next season Posh won Div 1 with City again going up through the play offs.  The season after that, his PC made Lee Miller top scorer in the Prem.

Dunno if my heart would stand two consecutive play off promotions.  Should we give Miller a long contract now?

Yep, and replace Danny Wilson with your son immediately. :)

Leroy Lita is not quite good enough and will be another player like Steve Bull, very good at the lower levels but not quite good enough for the premier.
I totally disagree!

I think that lita can make it to the top - he makes a few mistakes and is sometimes too eager to score but once he has ironed out these things he will be top class.

I think leroy is already a quality player, but with a fews seasons experience, he will be a player city will struggle to hold onto.

Peacock, No chance, right level in this division

Aaron, Ditto.

Marvin, Ditto.

Carey, you are having a laugh.

Mickey, too old now.

Phillips, Possible, the only realistic one, to be honest.

Amankwaah, doubt it now, due to injury.

Judas, would fit in perfectly, being a mercenary b*******!

Of the current crew: Matty, Coles, Robbo, Woodman, Leroy, and Goodfellow, all have a chance. Wether they take/are given it is another matter..

Tins, should have been. And its been to Citys advantage.

How anyone say Matty Hill can is beyond me, he shouldn't even be in our starting lineup! Maybe if he could play the game, because in my opinion he's a alright defender but apart from that he can't do nothing.

Top lad though!

Infact, I don't think anyone in our current squad will make the Premiership, maybe Lita, I don't rate Coles as much as most do!

At the moment none of them or they would have been snapped up. In the future maybe Phillips, Lita, Coles, Wilkshire, Goodfellow, but hard to say as it depends on how they develop and take their chances.

Also depends on how well they make the step up to Div 1 next year with City :P

Archived