IGNORED

Gabbiadini Retires

tompo

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but Marco Gabbiadini has retired through injury.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/3410005.stm

As he is one of those players who always seemed to score against us, from our point of view this must be a boost going in to Saturday's game. However, it is always sad when a player's career, no matter how old, gets cut short by injury.

Yes, Gabbiadonkey scored against us at AG this season after coming on as a sub. Still, as he's retired that's one hit-man out of the way who likes to play against us... a bit like Kelley who hit a hat trick for Walsall in the play-offs a few years back. He always scored against us too.

How he enjoyed playing against us. Question for the stattos please. When the League Cup was two legged, we won 1-0 at Sunderland and they won the 2nd leg 6-1 :) . I believe Gabby scored 3 or 4 that night. How many other visiting players have done that @ AG?

In another League Cup game I remember he walked round Keith Welch, but as he pulled his foot back for a tap in, Welch spun on his knees and plucked the ball of Gabby's boot. :)

Guest redrobin108
How he enjoyed playing against us.  Question for the stattos please.  When the League Cup was two legged, we won 1-0 at Sunderland and they won the 2nd leg 6-1  :) .  I believe Gabby scored 3 or 4 that night.  How many other visiting players have done that @ AG?

In another League Cup game I remember he walked round Keith Welch, but as he pulled his foot back for a tap in, Welch spun on his knees and plucked the ball of Gabby's boot. :)

If he looked at Gabiadini's record, I think who will found that he scored quite a few against us.

Thank god, hes retired :P

I believe Gabby scored 3 or 4 that night.  How many other visiting players have done that @ AG?
I seem to remember Guy Whittingham playing for Pompey and bagging a few in one game, he seemed to like playing against us.

I think Teddy Sheringham scored 3 headers in one game (all from corners, almost identical goals) all in front of the open end, that gives an idea of the era. We were winning 1-0 in that game at HT but lost 1-4.

David Kelly was already mentioned, but he did it for more than one club - Walsall, Leicester, Newcastle

Why don't we ever sign one of these type players? you know, one that enjoys scoring at Ashton Gate? :)

Archived