IGNORED

He's Earnt His Chance

Guest Barman

OK Danny, up to now I've been really impressed with the way you've handled the promising career of Leroy Lita. A three and a half year contract to give him the security to concentrate on developing his game and protecting him by not throwing him in before he is ready have been spot on tactics. Now though, he is surely ready. Every time he comes on he looks like scoring, his pace and directness terrifies defenders at this level, and his body strength and aerial ability have improved beyond all recognition from the kid that was bouncing off Danny ######tu at Ashton Gate a couple of years ago.

I'm a big fan of Lee Miller and think that he's going to be a really good player for us, but the Miller/Lita partnership is for the future (hopefully next season). For now, give Lita a shot next to Peacock for a few games and lets's see what the kid can do.

Either way, LITA MUST START!! (And get well soon Kev!)

edit: Apparently QPR's Danny ######tu is far too scary a player to have his name mentioned on this forum, so instead we'll call him Danny Cr@ptu.

Lita works well coming on with 20-30 mins to go when defences are more tired. Hasn't yet shown he is the finished article worth a full 90mins. Why change a winning formula??????

Anyway haven't we done this one to death :D

Lita works well coming on with 20-30 mins to go when defences are more tired.  Hasn't yet shown he is the finished article worth a full 90mins.  Why change a winning formula??????

the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" doesn't have much sympathy with me. It stinks of complacency and that there is nothing better to strive for. If ever there was an example of how rubbish it is look at France in 1940.

To keep the team the same just because it is winning will eventually see you left behind. Always strive for greatness.

I have no problem with Miller or Peacock but feel Lita deserves his run out. Even if just a game to give one of the Lee's a rest.

As for the bit about him not proving himself over 90 minutes...how can he? He's only ever given 5!!!!!!

Who would you play him with up front, Its general knowledge that Peacock is unable to linkup with anyone, Miller - who know's. I'd like to see Lita and maybe Roberts starting upfront (reminds me of having Neville and Reily (sp)).

Two quick lads upfront both of whom are not afraid to have a pop at goal.

I am Leroy Lita's number one fan, but he is not ready for a start yet. He doesn't have the all-round game that Miller and Peacock have.

As someone said in this thread, LP and LM put in the donkey work and Lita comes on and reaps the reward!

His time will come, he may get a start this season because of injuries...

I am Leroy Lita's number one fan, but he is not ready for a start yet. He doesn't have the all-round game that Miller and Peacock have.

As someone said in this thread, LP and LM put in the donkey work and Lita comes on and reaps the reward!

His time will come, he may get a start this season because of injuries...

or the other way to look at it is- Miller and Peacock slave away for 85 minutes but get no-where. In 5 minutes Lita does what 2 of them couldn't do in 85!!

I think Lita DOES have an all round game. He's quick, skillfull, strong, passionate, holds the ball up, CAN get in the air and most importantly scores!!!

It just seems an easy excuse not to play him. When he plays he scores so what else is there to criticise him on? I know, lets say 'all round play' because it's hard to say 'no, wait a minute- he's good at that'.

It's just an easy way of saying, I think he's too young. But Owen, Rooney etc etc were all playing at a younger age that Leroy is now. He's 19. He is old enough AND good enough.

Yes, of course he is still learning, but that's the brilliant thing. I'm not saying he should play every week. I am a huge fan of breaking young players in gently. Not throwing them in every week aged 17, 18 or 19. But for him to have the talent he has, scored the goals he has and posess the enthusiasm he has but STILL not had a league start for Bristol City is shocking.

Guest Cider Red Sam
I have no problem with Miller or Peacock but feel Lita deserves his run out. Even if just a game to give one of the Lee's a rest.

Spot on. Miller hasn't scored for 6 games, and although he's doing alright, I'm sure Leroy should be given is chance soon, after all, if he can't going to get in the team when one of our strikers hasn't scored for 6 games, when will he! And what better time to do it than away to Hartlepool? They wouldn't know what's hit them. My geuss would be they'd have been preparing in training all week for a Miller/Peacock combination and then WHAMEY! Along comes Lita. They'd be completely stumped. Also, it wouldn't be in front of our home fans so there wouldn't be too much pressure on him, even though I personally feel this kid may be one of those players that thrives on pressure and the big occasion. (God knows why I think that as he has yet to play in a big game! I geuss I can just sense it)

But at the Chesterfraud game Miller and Peacock took a right whacking off Blubberwick and his co-muggers so by the time Lita came on they were knacked and couldn't deal with a change. Its different if he's on from the start. Use the Scots to soften them up then wheel on the Congolese kid and wheee!!

Guest cider gliders
But at the Chesterfraud game Miller and Peacock took a right whacking off Blubberwick and his co-muggers so by the time Lita came on they were knacked and couldn't deal with a change.  Its different if he's on from the start.  Use the Scots to soften them up then wheel on the Congolese kid and wheee!!
Spot on fct! Peacock an Miller to start to knacker the defence

and Leroy with his pace will kill any defence in this Division!

There`s a few more goals to come from the three of um before

the end of the season! Leave it as it is! :D

Guest blairhater

Leroy deserves a run of games from the start without any doubt. I don't think we need wait until the last ten minutes to kill teams off, when we have the armoury in the squad to be sippin tea by then.

But at the Chesterfraud game Miller and Peacock took a right whacking off Blubberwick and his co-muggers so by the time Lita came on they were knacked and couldn't deal with a change.  Its different if he's on from the start.  Use the Scots to soften them up then wheel on the Congolese kid and wheee!!
If you take this argument then maybe your best striker should be coming on after 70 minutes.

So let's start off with Miller and Lita, then have a fresh Peacock brought on late in the game to score a hat-trick against the opponent's knackered defence.

:Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

If you take this argument then maybe your best striker should be coming on after 70 minutes.

So let's start off with Miller and Lita, then have a fresh Peacock brought on late in the game to score a hat-trick against the opponent's knackered defence.

:Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.:

That's not right. Peacock isn't the kind of player who will run at defenders, whereas Lita is. Lita is also a lot faster and so can exploit any players, who are already slower than him, when they become worn out.

Guest Red_Rat

I appreciate that he's young.But 1 game woundn't hurt him,or even just 45 minutes to strike fier into opposing defences.at the moment he's getin 10-20mins here and there.and although he made an impact at QPR,most of the time he just doesnt have the time to get into the Game.

Leroy's going to be a great player in the future (hopefully for us in the premiership :D ), and he does need all the 1st team football he can get, but I don't know about starting just yet. He's so good at coming on later on with tiring defences I think he should stay to this for the while.

Agreed he needs more than 5-10 mins at the end, but I'd be weary just in case he didn't have the best game (if he starts) and we'd only have Miller on the bench, he wouldn't make such an impact as Leroy would when he comes on.

I take the points from various people that the tactic of bringing Lita on with 20 or so minutes to go has worked so far, but the point is you can't expect the kid to produce miracles (ala Brentford) every time - it's not fair on him. Why not give him a start, see if he can give us an EARLY lead and bring on the bigger lads (or Roberts in a straight swap) towards the end to bolster things up a bit.

It's been rewarding to watch Leroy over the last two seasons just to see the way his game has developed, and him and others of our youngsters are why it's been a fun time to be supporting this great club of ours. He still has work to do, but he IS now capable of holding the ball up and bringing others into play and his eye for goal is probably better than any other player on our books.

Anyone who went to the Man United U21 game will have seen that in a good class of opposition, Lita was the best player on the pitch. We've got to play him before we have to sell him - he is THAT good, in my opinion.

Guest DukeCoxer

People saying hes not right for a 90 min game, last 20 to 30 min. I think i agree however, the kids never played ninety mins for us, surely saturday would be a good game to see whether he can hack it or not?

Archived