IGNORED

Get A Grip

tinman-is-god

After reading countless posts, critiscising everyone from Landsdown, Tins, Fortune and even Marcus Stewart, i am getting really ticked off. We have played two games, against two good sides, and in both games we haven't looked great, but we have not looked half as bad as some people on here are making out.

Obviously 1 point from 2 games isn't great but it is TWO games- get over it! We cannot win every game.

It is fair enough that people want to make points about the game and point out where we could have been better, but to be honest, most of the posts on here have been very negative towards the team, not constructive at all. Why don't we all just accept that we have had a couple of games that we haven't played great in, but we still competed. Get a grip people, after 2 games, it is not the time to start talking about sacking Tins, changing formations, changing players, selling players, talking about Tommy D- It is simply a time to pull together, support the team, stop moaning, and get on with being a Bristol City SUPPORTER.

Rant over

Guest hotwells gas
After reading countless posts, critiscising everyone from Landsdown, Tins, Fortune and even Marcus Stewart, i am getting really ticked off. We have played two games, against two good sides, and in both games we haven't looked great, but we have not looked half as bad as some people on here are making out.

Obviously 1 point from 2 games isn't great but it is TWO games- get over it! We cannot win every game.

It is fair enough that people want to make points about the game and point out where we could have been better, but to be honest, most of the posts on here have been very negative towards the team, not constructive at all. Why don't we all just accept that we have had a couple of games that we haven't played great in, but we still competed. Get a grip people, after 2 games, it is not the time to start talking about sacking Tins, changing formations, changing players, selling players, talking about Tommy D- It is simply a time to pull together, support the team, stop moaning, and get on with being a Bristol City SUPPORTER.

Rant over

things don't seem all that well for you 82 scum does it? its a shame you should try being a rovers supporter as things here don't seem that well at all & you lot have more Money to spend & you still Moan, banghead.gif

We've played against two good teams, and not looked very good, both of them playing better than us. Last season we won 4 games against top 14 sides, and this season looks as if it will be no different. Until there is any evidence that we can compete against the better sides then I think people are justified in criticising the team.

I have been in full support of the team in both of our last games, but I have also been less than impressed so far.

Well said that man.

It's the start of a new season and it often takes teams a little while to get going. How many teams are at the top who will in all honestey likely be pushing for top 2 ? I'd say 1 in Oldham, and a plausable in Brentford. But i still expect over the course of the season, Us, Forest, Hartlepool, Tranmere, Donny, and Hudds to overtake them all.

It is very, very rare that a team that is going to win this league heads it from the off.

We have competed despite not playing well though. Donny could have gone either way and we had the better chances, and Hudds only just managed to beat us with 10 men. I don't believe that is not competing, and how many teams are going to go up to Huddersfield and win ? It aint going to be many, a few will get a draw but the vast majority including the other top sides will come away with sod all, and a few will get beaten a lot more convincingly than we did.

Last time we were promoted in 1997-98 our August league form looked like this..

1997/98 9 Aug 1997 Grimsby Town 1 - 1 L-3 A 6220 -

1997/98 16 Aug 1997 Blackpool 2 - 0 L-3 H 9043 -

1997/98 23 Aug 1997 Northampton Town 1 - 2 L-3 A 6217 -

1997/98 30 Aug 1997 Wigan Athletic 3 - 0 L-3 H 9255 -

Notice 2 Wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat = 7 points.

We have the draw and the defeat so we just need 2 wins from 4 and we are on track!

We are used to playing catch-up; we caught QPR and Plymouth with a 15 point deficit at one stage two years ago, and got into the play-off positions last year having been 6/7 points behind after 5 games. OK, we ballsed it up on both occasions but the fact I think we are better at playing catch-up than we are at being one of the early front runners, and I believe we will do it again this season.

Last time we were promoted in 1997-98 our August league form looked like this..

1997/98 9  Aug 1997 Grimsby Town        1 - 1 L-3 A 6220 -

1997/98 16 Aug 1997 Blackpool              2 - 0 L-3 H 9043 -

1997/98 23 Aug 1997 Northampton Town  1 - 2 L-3 A 6217 -

1997/98 30 Aug 1997 Wigan Athletic        3 - 0 L-3 H 9255 -

Notice 2 Wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat = 7 points.

We have the draw and the defeat so we just need 2 wins from 4 and we are on track!

I can't be bothered to type out the details of our next 5 league matches after the ones you show, but we won 1, drew 1 and lost 3. So after 9 matches, we had a mighty 11 points.

This season - it's still very early and our opening fixtures are tough ones. I think the Port Vale match will tell us much, much more about the type of season we're in for. praying smiley.gif If we get turned over by Bell, Dinning, Matthews et al, then I'll be very depressed indeed.

Just cut and paste from the database...

September looked like this...

1997/98 2 Sep 1997 Fulham 0 - 2 L-3 H 10293 -

1997/98 13 Sep 1997 Wrexham 1 - 2 L-3 A 3251 -

1997/98 20 Sep 1997 AFC Bournemouth 1 - 1 L-3 H 8330 -

1997/98 27 Sep 1997 Luton Town 3 - 0 L-3 H 8509 -

As you say 11 points!

We are used to playing catch-up; we caught QPR and Plymouth with a 15 point deficit at one stage two years ago, and got into the play-off positions last year having been 6/7 points behind after 5 games. OK, we ballsed it up on both occasions but the fact I think we are better at playing catch-up than we are at being one of the early front runners, and I believe we will do it again this season.

Still believe that we will do it now?

Archived