IGNORED

East End

Guest uncle john

Guest uncle john

Congratulations to all those who distributed leaflets advertising the East End at away games. They were single-handedly responsible for getting the numbers from 200 to 600 and raising the profile of the thing. The club were then impressed by the atmosphere created and have given us Colchester.

But to keep the momentum going, might it not be a bad idea on the night against Colchester to leaflet the people queueing up for tickets for the Atyeo and Dolman? Many of them won't know that they can go in the East End, and by getting them at source, as it were, we get the same amount again or even more?

I can't make it for Colchester and it is time and effort for people to campaign, but it did occur to me that campaigning on the night in that location might be more profitable than, say, Hartlepool away, though that of course is good too.

Guest two acres red

I'm going to get down the ground about 6pm with about 100 flyers and give them to the 1st people i see i will advertise its open by sticking a flyer in my car i will take a pile around my local again i already have the poster that gas hater kindly sent to go up and i will post a few as well so there will be quite a few in i expect just waiting for pete to get them down.

if every forum member help out just by handing them around your works etc schools post them it would be a great help.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

We need someone who has a plane to leaflet bomb the Rovers on Saturday, 1) it would annoy them, 2) I would get massive media coverage

Guest two acres red

can someone print a few flyers off and put them on the tables in the red n white bar or wedlocks coopers arms or rising sun maybe the ship and the robins if you go by thank you

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

I'm hoping to print off loads of posters and put them up at every turnstile and ticket selling place at the gate. I will also put it up in the red and white bar and a few other places where they would get noticed a lot.

I'm going to be shouting it out at Hartlepool and on the night of the game but maybe worth if ther club don't mind and someone doesn't mind running down the gate, putting up posters before this weekend so people who are buying tickets in advance will see it's open again.

Guest red_red_robin

Its going to be good, i hope their will be around 600 again or possibly more. Last Saturday was one of the most enjoyable home games for a while

Guest two acres red
I'm hoping to print off loads of posters and put them up at every turnstile and ticket selling place at the gate. I will also put it up in the red and white bar and a few other places where they would get noticed a lot.
do you need a hand with the posters i will pick you up if you want and drop you back we might need permision off the club to do this and do it before the day

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

yeh i asked for permission from city haven't had a reply i also e-mailed hartlepol about it they replied asking to see a copy of the poster i have sent them one and am awaiting a reply.

Where do you live mate? i might just go stright down the gate from college but i can always meet you down the gate if you wanna give me a hand putting them up.

Guest BCFC Matt
can someone print a few flyers off and put them on the tables in the red n white bar or wedlocks coopers arms or rising sun maybe the ship and the robins if you go by thank you
I can get some in the Coopers Arms if anyone can send me a template to print from?

Guest EastEnder

Sorry this is going to be a bit long

Well here goes. I'm new to the forum but not to the City.

I have been supporting them right through the seventies and those wonderful days in the old first division (=prem today)

Started standing in the East End just shy of the middle, then worked my way in at about 13yrs old.

For a 12 years it was brilliant but the songs didn't go all the way across due to railings being erected where the fences are now, so affectively the singers were segregated into the middle section and all standing.

It was so good primarily because when we scored the end would erupt and go mental. there would be a temporary loss of control as you were lifted off your feet and hurtled forward 4 or 5 steps with the rest of the thousand or so.

The mad panic just added to the enjoyment as it didn't las too long.

On the big games the banks of fans either side of you would join in, with the effect of up to 12000 singing at the end.

You can see why there is such a clamour to rekindle that kind of atomosphere.

It was great on Saturday - I was up the back with the old boys - you may have heard us singing a load of seventies songs, which we have been singing at various away games when we all get together.

I know this is long winded but I wanted to add my congrats to the boys /girls who got this going - we'll certainly keep the spirit of the thing alive - and I'll be there again Tuesday

East , East, East Enders....

City slicker... Mate , what are "fortnightly aliens"????

Izzit people that only go to home games unlike "proper "fans?

I expect he's referring to away fans being in the East End.

The sight of which displeases him greatly, i would imagine. :D

Guest city slicker 71
City slicker... Mate , what are "fortnightly aliens"????

Izzit people that only go to home games unlike "proper "fans?

Nogodbad has it in one my friend, that was coined after last seasons QPR game when some pint sized west London "TWERP" announced on Twentymans program that he could'nt hear any Bristol people.

The fact that he was gifted a spot on holy ground by the people who know little or care anything about our history is another matter, as far as i'm concerned he had no identity he wore different colours he soke with a very strange accent therefore the word alien came to mind.

As for men in suits, a collective term for that motly bunch of faceless individuals to include police chiefs ( nervous one day though always ready for an easy earner the next) and those council officials who do everything in their misuse of power to deny access to the spiritual home.

Regards, :D

My only question is why are individual fans having to go to the trouble (and cost?)of producing and distributing flyers and posters. Surely OUR club, could and/or should be doing this with perhaps a few fans distributing small numbers in assorted locations?

Guest Bow_Legged_Chicken

I in no way care about making posters and fliers it certainly does annoy me when i can get a reply in a shorter amount of time from Hartlepool than city about being allowed to put them up.

Fair play to Hartlepool agreeing to alowing us putting up posters and handing out fliers.

I first ventured into the East End as an 11 year old and was in awe of the place!

I gradually progressed into the heaving throng between pillars 3 and 4 and absolutely adored the manic 30 seconds or so after we scored!

My finest memories of the East End are actually when we were struggling in the old div 4 - the camaraderie and songs were top notch and Glyn Riley was the East End's hero (well mine anyway!)

Great memories and it's fantastic to have the East End back.

It's part of being a City fan to love the old End and it will be part of me forever.

Reclaim the East End! B)

Archived