Well lads and lasses I booked my flight going about a few months ago

for sixteen pounds fifty pence ONE WAY

I was going to come back by train

Unfortunatly I now have another engagement in the afternoon

I e-mailed easy jet asking if i could travel up on 0720am flight

arriving 0825am

the return flight with the same plane is 0850am back in bristol 1000am

Easy jet said no to my request cos I need FORTY MINUTES check in time

Having said all that if any one is interested in a group photo of the plane flyers

to Hartlepool

So I can post on the forum

If any one wants a free lift to the airport enough space for two only

Please drop a note in the private box

I take it you are travelling on sat 22nd for the hartlepool game,It seems a bit strange that you are booked on the 7.25am flight from bristol as the first flight out that day is at 8.25am .I think you had better check your timetable???????????????????????????????????

yours westoncider, trying to be helpful

I take it you are travelling on sat 22nd for the hartlepool game,It seems a bit strange that you are booked on the 7.25am flight from bristol as the first flight out that day is at 8.25am .I think you had better check your timetable???????????????????????????????????

yours westoncider, trying to be helpful

Priceless! And it all starts over....

I'm just guessing, but perhaps the flight he has suggested is indeed a little too early for this seasons game up there? :)

I know Tom and I did say at the time that the award for funniest post had already been won.

When are the polls for this year starting BTW?

I think Madger normally organises it just before Christmas.

The Tony Rougier thread could run this one close though.

Edited by edson

Priceless!  And it all starts over....

I'm just guessing, but perhaps the flight he has suggested is indeed a little too early for this seasons game up there?  :)

Hartlepool is a long way away so it pays to plan ahead.

Anyone want a lift to the airport? I believe NTTDS has a couple of spare places (that's if Edson and richieb haven't already bagged them?).

Guest bristolbred

So, did you manage to get the same plane back??.

I have done Prague, going EMA-PRG-EMA, on the same plane, and the same day, but only as BmiBaby were launching flights from Gatwick, so we had to wait for the plane to go PRG-LGW-PRG, giving us a "delay" in Prague of 7 hours, just enough time for a meal, some beers and a little shopping, plus a voucher for a free flight thrown in too!!, :)

All credit to Tom F for reviving this one while reminicsing over the Tony, or is it Antony, Rougier thread on the CM Forum.

If you havent read that one have a look at it - http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=12313

In the meantime NTTDS - what happened in the end?? Please do tell!!!

That Rougier thread is the funniest thing I've ever read!!! I have tears

rolling down my face and i'm getting very odd looks in the office! :)

Guest bristolbred

Should publish the complete transcript in the WellRed program for the home game against Luton, changing the actual nicknames to save the innocent from further ridicule!!, :)

This thread is just a joke, i replied to this one nearly 2 years ago..  :Sleep12:

Tales of the Unexpected, or what?

2 years previously someone replied to a thread that was only started 10 months ago. Gulp.

Where did that plane fly off to? And, has anyone seen the alledged photos?

Thought not.

Well I for one won't be taking it up. I have only travelled on CATS twice. Cardiff and Swansea, and that is because it was the only way to see the game.

Living in London I'd be mad to drive to Bristol to use a £10 voucher (I'd still have to pay the extra) to get the coach to the game.

Or maybe I should. Maybe I could use it for the Brentford game....

The madness is spreading!! rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif

I was only thinking of this thread earlier this morning!!

One thing that has nagged me for so long (like a wobbly tooth) is the first reply from BTR_FTG.

He says:

Nearest I could decode was that you proposed to fly up & back on the same flight even though you wouldn't get to the game. Is that right? If so, you SHOULD be able to do this if you're NOT checking in baggage, fairly standard proceedure for me on short hops in Europe with most airlines.

A fairly standard procedure? dunno.gif We all recognise NTTDS special abilities but is there a whole club of people flying out and back to Europe on the same plane?

And what are they doing?

Sometimes I just feel so alone. sad-smiley-021.gif

Wants to fly up to Newcastle then come straight back again, the plane that takes him up is the same plane that comes back at 0850, but they wont let him because he would need 40 mins checking in and the plane is only on yhe ground for 25 minutes.

why would anyone in their right mind want to fly up and back without spending time at destination. what exactly is the point unless of course the chap has never flown before and then i could follow the obscure logic but only just. snack.gif

When is the match being played- or has it been played?

Was it last season or this? ......... I need a lie-down

It'll be played soon. I think it was delayed as a number of fans had difficulties getting into Hartlepool. don't worry, I called them and they said that my original plane ticket is valid for the next game date. Which is good.

why would anyone in their right mind want to fly up and back without spending time at destination. what exactly is the point unless of course the chap has never flown before and then i could follow the obscure logic but only just. snack.gif

NTTDS is a very regular traveller by air, and is actually a Bristol City employee. Mysterious eh?