IGNORED

Own Up Whoever Did It....

Guest Filton Red

Guest Filton Red

Notts County Away Game

Now I know this was a couple of weeks ago now but...

I know quite a few of our fans travelled back from Derby/Birmingham on the Virgin Trains service to Cardiff. Now, upon arrival at Temple Meads there was a "over heavy" police pressance, and scuffles did break out.

BUT the person who went through the Train Managers belonging taking all their credit card, money, car key AND house keys do really take the ****!!!!! :D

Whats the point, they didnt do anything to you, so why take it. They were happy for you traveling, (including the being drunk and loud) but now next time they get ANY football fans on the train they'll refuse to move it and have you ALL removed.

The Train Manager DIDNT call the police and had no-idea they would be there. So come on when travelin by train, please give us, the staff, a break. We all want to get home peacefully. The amount of hassle and stress it caused having all their cards and keys stolen ment they were unable to work for the next week! Its only the traveling fans your making it worse for.

At the end of the day if its me, or a mate of mine working the train. We're working. Dont make pratts of yourselfs, we just want peacefull journeys and we'll leave you alone.

Guest Filton Red

Not saying it was someone on here, but if anyone knows who does things like this, make it knowen that its spoiling it all for the rest of us. I'll admit I like going to away games, but hate going by train. I know how your treated by the staff, its not nice and if the idiots like the other saturday realised what idiots they are, then you'd never meet a police officer on the station treatin you all like criminals just for supportin a football team.

Relpy to redsince70 - I only found out today at work!

Guest BTR_FTG

Thieving is bang out of order & whoever did it should be in receipt of the old Riyadh Wrist so far as I'm concerned.

That said, your statement that the Virgin Train operatives, " didnt do anything, " certainly rings a bell. Perhaps the reason Virgin staff are treated with such disdain is that a fair proportion of them are the most lazy, unhelpful, ignorant & obnoxious creatures on the planet. That passengers are fleeced, both in terms of the high fares & £ 500 million subsidy they pay to Virgin, rankles.

"This train isn't running late, your train was cancelled & this is an additional service so its not on the timetable. By definition it can't be late."

"Look you'll have to stand. We've cancelled two trains & its the wrong type of seating on this rolling stock for the tickets issued."

"I know there's a row of sandwichs & snacks behind me but I'm not serving them as I'm off shift in forty minutes."

"What time will we make Preston? How do I know? There's a steep incline to Preston & I'm not sure we've enough power to make it."

So how you conclude a football supporter was the thief, when so many of your colleagues appear to adequately fit the bill & have better access to the belongings is beyond me.

BTR

FTG

Guest redrobin108
Notts County Away Game

Now I know this was a couple of weeks ago now but...

I know quite a few of our fans travelled back from Derby/Birmingham on the Virgin Trains service to Cardiff. Now, upon arrival at Temple Meads there was a "over heavy" police pressance, and scuffles did break out.

BUT the person who went through the Train Managers belonging taking all their credit card, money, car key AND house keys do really take the ****!!!!!  :D

Whats the point, they didnt do anything to you, so why take it. They were happy for you traveling, (including the being drunk and loud) but now next time they get ANY football fans on the train they'll refuse to move it and have you ALL removed.

The Train Manager DIDNT call the police and had no-idea they would be there. So come on when travelin by train, please give us, the staff, a break. We all want to get home peacefully. The amount of hassle and stress it caused having all their cards and keys stolen ment they were unable to work for the next week! Its only the traveling fans your making it worse for.

At the end of the day if its me, or a mate of mine working the train. We're working. Dont make pratts of yourselfs, we just want peacefull journeys and we'll leave you alone.

How do we know it was not a member of staff :D

Why does it have to be a so called supporter

Guest Filton Red

I'm not sayin its a supporter, but it all get draged in together and looks bad towards every other supporter travelin as they instintly get the blame.

redrobin108 - there's only ever 3 staff (2 at least) - Driver, Train Manager, Buffet Steward. And they were at other end of train!

BTR_FTG - I know we all seem lazy and dont give a ****, but everyone gets days like that at work.

Alot of staff are gettin frightened these days when football fans travel after an incident in April 2003 where Cardiff and Rovers fans meet at Cheltenham and wrecked one of our trains. (damage caused = £250,000)

End of the day on saturdays you dont see some of use as they dont feel safe, and the police tack the attitude, keep the train moving their's nothing wrong, even when there is!!! (oh and yes we keep complainin about the police's heavy handedness and lack of protecting the staff)

Guest redrobin108
I'm not sayin its a supporter, but it all get draged in together and looks bad towards every other supporter travelin as they instintly get the blame.

redrobin108 - there's only ever 3 staff (2 at least) - Driver, Train Manager, Buffet Steward. And they were at other end of train!

BTR_FTG - I know we all seem lazy and dont give a ****, but everyone gets days like that at work.

Alot of staff are gettin frightened these days when football fans travel after an incident in April 2003 where Cardiff and Rovers fans meet at Cheltenham and wrecked one of our trains. (damage caused = £250,000)

End of the day on saturdays you dont see some of use as they dont feel safe, and the police tack the attitude, keep the train moving their's nothing wrong, even when there is!!! (oh and yes we keep complainin about the police's heavy handedness and lack of protecting the staff)

Its easily to change shifts, stop moaning.

I use the trains reguarly within my job, and the staff are rude, most are non english so will not go to the football.

I came back on the train from county and prehaps the staff should be professional in dealing with the public, they make the stewards at ashton gate look professinal.

The city fans I travel with any not thieves, and to post your comments on this site was not warranted.

Guest BTR_FTG

"BTR_FTG - I know we all seem lazy and dont give a ****, but everyone gets days like that at work."

Not if you're 'customer facing' ! What short of training courses do they send you on?

BTR

FTG

Guest Filton Red

Then again, i dont look at our job as customer facing. We're only their to get the trains moving. Without us, it won't run. Customers are only an ad on to the job.

(and yes I do deal with the customers WHATEVER the train, they might see me only once, put they'll see me and always know where i am on the train for help.)

Oh dear Filton Red, I think you've just made a terrible gaffe. Sir Richard would have your guts for garters if you said that out loud publically in front of the general travelling public.

"Customers are only an ad on to the job"??????????? Oh dear. Look sunshine let me tell you this straight. Without the customers YOUR job wouldn't exist. Virgin Trains provide a PUBLIC SERVICE, understandee???????? Your JOB is to provide PUBLIC SERVICE. If you don't like it, change your job to that of government advisor.

Guest BTR_FTG

This "ad (sic) on" wonders what you do Filton?

You've previously stated that there are only three punters on each train a Driver, Train Manager & Buffet Steward. So guess if you're not 'customer facing' & passengers know where you are you must be the driver though I don't follow why passengers would, "always," see you, "only once" ? The only drivers I've ever seen always, yet once, are in Japan where one can sit behind the driver, the back of who's cabin is glass. There they dress & act like pilots, everything done by the book, no reading a paper, munching a butty or packing the ruck sack when approaching Paddington station. On the other hand you could be a Virgin Train Manager (sic) cum clippie. One tends to see them once only & unnecessary add-ons are certainly how they view passengers.

BTR

FTG

Guest WillsbridgeRed

To be honest, i think rude people that use the trains probably beat the staff for rudeness hands down!

When I was a student I worked at Temple meads for abit, and the amount of jobsworths and arrogant people that go through that station is staggering.

The Great Western Staff always seemed alright, and the Virgin lot weren't often seen walking about, probably because they dont use the station for anything other than a place to stop trains.

The Great Western Staff always seemed alright, and the Virgin lot weren't often seen walking about, probably because they dont use the station for anything other than a place to stop trains.
That sounds like an improvement.

Whenever I've used Virgin Trains, they've always used a desolate stretch of track somewhere outside Birmingham for this purpose.

Talking of rude passengers, I was at TMeads th eother day and this old gaffer walked up to the new barriers and demanded the two men on duty who were busy shepherding people through the ticket machines in the middle come over to him and let him through the big gate, even though he had a ticket!

The two men on duty waved him to walk the fifteen feet to where everybody else was going through... the old geezer refused, getting quite animated, so te two men ignored him and serviced the 20 or so others who were quite patiently in a queue.

Cue the old geezer who then marched up to the two men on duty and swore blue and threatened them (he must have been 80), spittle dripping all over the place - it wasn't a pretty sight. The two men looked at him and said nothing, then he went through still shouting and swearing. It was so ludicrous it was funny.

The two men looked at each other, shrugged, then went on working.

Guest redrobin108
Talking of rude passengers, I was at TMeads th eother day and this old gaffer walked up to the new barriers and demanded the two men on duty who were busy shepherding people through the ticket machines in the middle come over to him and let him through the big gate, even though he had a ticket!

The two men on duty waved him to walk the fifteen feet to where everybody else was going through... the old geezer refused, getting quite animated, so te two men ignored him and serviced the 20 or so others who were quite patiently in a queue.

Cue the old geezer who then marched up to the two men on duty and swore blue and threatened them (he must have been 80), spittle dripping all over the place - it wasn't a pretty sight.  The two men looked at him and said nothing, then he went through still shouting and swearing.  It was so ludicrous it was funny.

The two men looked at each other, shrugged, then went on working.

I think you met Filton Red :D

Archived