IGNORED

Brooker's Quality.

Guest mthorpe69

Guest mthorpe69

stevie brooker was awsome 2day. seems to rise 2 the occasion wen hes named captain. goal difference feet, powerful, held the ball up wel and chipped in with 2 goals.

well palyed son! biggrin.gif

Guest Fatboy-BCFC

Yea 100% argee mate, him and stewy up front this season will be just as good as lita and brooker. and Bridges coming off the bench if things aint happening sounds very goal difference now hopefully we have found are shooting boots city.gif

Yea 100% argee mate, him and stewy up front this season will be just as good as lita and brooker. and Bridges coming off the bench if things aint happening sounds very goal difference now hopefully we have found are shooting boots  city.gif

Yep, definately MOM though Phillips did well today (let down by poor kicking etc as per usual). Brooker must wonder what he has walked into here withe the crap service he gets most days.

Brooker deserved the MoM award not just for his two goals but for his all round performance.He caused the Vale defence problems all day,never stopped running and closing down the opposition.

He,Wilkshire,Stewart and Phillips all had good games today, but stood out above the others.

Stewart and Bridges may well be Premiership strikers (well ex anyway...) but Brooker today proved that he should bethe first striker to be named on the team sheet. I'd also stick with Stewart up with him at the moment, purely for the reason that he has scored whereas Bridges and Gillespie are yet to score a goal for the first team.

Am I the only one surprised that Bridges wasn't brought on towards the end? I thought that Brooker & Stewart tried very hard and so tired out, and Bridges' quick thinking could have killed the game off with 15-20 minutes left.

I previously haven't been a great fan of Brooker, but today he was awsome. the captaincy certainly brings out the best in him. He played with strength and determination and looked confident, he really as come of age now!

I know he could have possibly been motivated by playing his old club, but last season against them he was very poor. I think it's more a case of him now being fully settled at the club and maybe he is learning from Stewart?

As much as I like Lita he was very selfish, (but I guess it worked for him!). Today Brooker was looking and thinking and not being greedy, and he got rewarded in the end. I would have loved to see him get his Hat Trick but when the injuries and subs happened we lost our way a bit and the team were tireing, so we were right to settle for what we got.

So Tins, give Brooker the armband and get the best out of him and the team. Simple!

Archived