IGNORED

Why Not To Get Excited About Cardiff Rumours

Percy Parrot

now, if there was ONE club in the whole world, who I would LOVE to see go bankrput, sell all their players and plummet down the divisions it would be Cardiff. Can't think of a nicer club for it to happen to.

It's possible- they've spent a lot on players, they no doubt have massive wages and Sam Hamman COULD pull his money out now- like the Darlington chairman did.

But I'm afraid it would seem to be a case of 'too good to be true'. And yet another example of why you shouldn't believe what you read in the newspaper.

Now I should explain, I am not in a position to talk about this- I have only just read about it on the net, I have no real info, contacts, sources or anything. Just my brain. So I AM at a disadvantage to the journalist who wrote the article.

BUT this is why I don't believe it true-

1. Cardiff have just announced a new academy which will cost millions to build and maintain. I fear this may rob us of some talent.

2. Rumours that Paul Jones may be signing for them.

3. Sam Hamman may be a weird one...but unfortunately I believe that he DOES get involved with things and cares. He's a nutter, an idiot- but it's important to him. He will keep putting money in and I'm sure he still had money left.

4. I wouldn't actually be surpirsed if this is a big idea of Sam's. Leek info, get people interested in club etc. That whole club has an underhand way of running everything.

Interestingly Sam Hamman will be talking to their version of bcfc world later today about it- so it may be interesting to see what the reaction is. But I'm not excited by it. I think newspapers are probably wrong about 50% of the time, with tabloids make that 80% of the time...with the Mail make it about 99% of the time.

All we can do is hope.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I think there is actually truth to this story, there wage bill must be huge - Take Gordon for example, and he's in their reserves.

Cardiff havn't had the huge gates i'm sure they were expecting which wont bring in the money they way improved contracts are taking it away.

Time will tell, but hopefully they're going to go the way of the mines and steel works.

I think there is actually truth to this story, there wage bill must be huge - Take Gordon for example, and he's in their reserves.

Cardiff havn't had the huge gates i'm sure they were expecting which wont bring in the money they way improved contracts are taking it away.

Time will tell, but hopefully they're going to go the way of the mines and steel works.

I hope you're right!!

On re-evaluating I think the salient point is this- the club MAY have lost money and found themselves in £24m debt but Sam WILL bail them out. I really don't see this as the bubble bursting.

I can't see them selling all their players between now and end of season.

I CAN see, even at worst, that they may need to take a few mill from Sam, keep their best players until the end of the season and then sneek play-offs, be gits and go up then no money probs.

But as I said- let's just hope the club folds next week!!! :D

What i dont understand is how cluns get into this kinda debt nowadays - it just doesnt land on your doorstep - "your outstanding balance is 24 million" Damn that was a good christmas....

But i couldnt think of a more deserving and nicer club for this good news to happen - I'm thinking transfer window - defoe to fulham - west ham sign earnshaw - cardiff finish mid table - we go up - we beat them next season to secure a place in the playoffs (against Crewe hopefully) and go up...

Or am i again, being way over optomistic!

Take it easy...

Guest WillsbridgeRed

See I find this good in a sadistic way -

They reach the dizzy heights, and look like going further.

They create an academy which looks to ensure their future.

They get planning permission for a 60,000 stadium and..............

..Boom their sugar daddy leaves, the club can't support its debts and all of a sudden the dreams of 10,000 welshmen are in tatters.

Newport County would be suddenly a bigger club!

Damn.....

From Mr Hamman:

"None of our leading players will be leaving. How on earth could we sell out a new stadium if we sell players like Earnshaw and Gabbidon?

"We have solid finances and a solid business plan. Our borrowing is where we expected it to be at this stage of our development. There are no surprises.We know exactly where we are and exactly where we are going."

http://www.cardiffcityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/p...0.html?ptvParm=

Guest Cider Red Sam
Damn.....

From Mr Hamman:

"None of our leading players will be leaving. How on earth could we sell out a new stadium if we sell players like Earnshaw and Gabbidon?

"We have solid finances and a solid business plan. Our borrowing is where we expected it to be at this stage of our development. There are no surprises.We know exactly where we are and exactly where we are going."

http://www.cardiffcityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/p...0.html?ptvParm=

You had to go and ruin it didn't you! :D

However, I still hld out a bit of hope that one day Sam Hamman will do exactly what he did to Wimbledon a few years back. He pumped loads of money into the club, then randomly decided to one day take it all back out again, thus leaving Wimbledon pennyless! Go on Mr Hamman, do it again, pleeeeeeeease.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Yeah but wasn't it him that said:

"Yesterday we heard this villain called Wilson. He, of course, is a hooligan, and he is one of the worst of the football managers. He said the Bristolian mercenaries and the fans, they are defending themselves inside Wales. They are in a defensive position. They are engaged in self-defense. They are fighting a self-defense war inside Wilson. Well, congratulations, Mr. Wilson, you are defending yourself inside our country. We will show you what defense means."

And also

"It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Bristol. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Bristol."

And after the defeat at Ashton last year

"Their infidels are committing suicide by the hundreds on the gates of Cardiff. Be assured, Cardif is safe, protected."

Guest redrobin108

Who cares how much in debt cardiff are.

They should now be allowed to play in the english league.

They are a bunch of sheep lovers.

And next season we will do the double over them yet again.

I wouldn't expect Shamman to say anything different about the financial troubles they are in, putting a positive spin on things is what the Baadiff fans want to hear, sorry but this story has more to it, playing it down with quotes of we are where we thought we'd be is lies, he thought they'd be 24million in debt after just getting out of the 2nd division??? christ what sort of debt is he expecting them to be looking at next year and the year after, no promotion this year or next could cripple them, then he would have to look at selling players.

Guest redrobin108

Who cares how much cardiff are in debt.

As long as they just bust, sell the ground to a supermarket chain.

I be very happy. :D

Archived