IGNORED

Lee Millers Boots

Will Rollason

Yes he looks a good player in the air. This is why I plead with Danny to put Goodfellow on the left and to also coach Christian in the role on the right and work on his knowledge in this position and his crossing ability.

With this sort of pace and generally good ball control on either side, Miller will easily get you 20 goals a season whether it be Div 1 or 2 with his heading ability.

P.S. Yes I do think Roberts has got reasonably good close control! :D

agree wth neo, but who you going to play centre of the park?!

Some say tin man and wilkshire - but you gotta have tommy in your side?!

I think another forum discussion could be coming on!!

Take it easy...

At the moment, Wilkshire would only occupy my bench.

I think Tommy has been outstanding since his re-introduction and to take eith Tommy or Tins out on his return would be a disgrace.

Don't worry; Danny will counter it by putting Luke on the right again :P

Don't worry; Danny will counter it by putting Luke on the right again  :P
At least Wilkshire would be able to cross the ball and give Miller and Co some decent service as opposed to Roberts.....

Alternatively drop Brown and play Bell and Goodfellow out wide. Either way there is little point in playing some one (Miller) whose strength is in the air if they are not given the service.

People may say Roberts will learn to cross the ball etc. Unfortunately the first team is not the place to be educating him if we are serious about promotion.

Individually, it's almost impossible to leave Tommy or Brian out on form.

Yet at times recently we've been crying out for a central player to get hold of the ball and drive us forward, Tins and Doc leave our midfield too deep.

It's difficult to leave either out, but for the good of the team, Wilkshire's presence in the centre of the park is needed.

I don't think you can play Roberts and Goodfellow on the flanks for 2 reasons.

1: I admire Roberts, but he isn't a winger. He has a striker's instincts, and when through on the right he's looking to create scoring opportunities for himself rather than put in the killer cross.

2: If you played with Robbo on the right and Freezer on the left you're effectively playing 4 - 2 - 4, as neither player is at all defensively minded, and you run the risk of leaving the 2 central midfielders exposed ... playing midfield isn't just about creating chances going forward, it's about providing cover for the defence as well.

That's why you need someone like Aaron, Mickey Bell or possible Craig Woodman as a wing back .. all good going forward, but with strong defensive games as well. With big Kev out of the frame as a possible right sided wing back, and no-one else in the squad who can fill that role, it means we have to play a defensive-minded wing back on the left. Which means Freezer has to play on the right. From where he's scored 2 in 2. If it ain't broke ....

Lee's boots will do the talking. He will still end up with at least 15 goals this season.
Agree, I can see him going on a decent scoring run at some point and closing the gap between him and Peacock in terms of goals :D:D

Archived