IGNORED

Bcfc Midfield

Lordofthebling

Right then, lets play pretend for a moment and say for example we make it to the Play Off final, what i would like to know is who makes up our best midfield we have, supposing everyone is fit, up for it and readily available..?!

Some are urging DW to play Roberts on the right, Goodfellow on the left with wilkshire and the tinman in the middle, but were is tommy going to fit in?!

Just wondering if you were Danny, who would you pick?!

Aaron Brown anyone?!

Take it easy...

Right then, lets play pretend for a moment and say for example we make it to the Play Off final,  what i would like to know is who makes up our best midfield we have, supposing everyone is fit, up for it and readily available..?!

Some are urging DW to play Roberts on the right, Goodfellow on the left with wilkshire and the tinman in the middle, but were is tommy going to fit in?!

Just wondering if you were Danny, who would you pick?!

Aaron Brown anyone?!

Take it easy...

At the moment we dont have Lukey for selection so my midfield would be......

Roberts Tinman Docs Goodfellow

Let Wilkshire fight for his place when he gets back just like Tommy had too.

Some other ideas i have found are

"At the moment, Wilkshire would only occupy my bench.

I think Tommy has been outstanding since his re-introduction and to take eith Tommy or Tins out on his return would be a disgrace.

Don't worry; Danny will counter it by putting Luke on the right again"

"At least Wilkshire would be able to cross the ball and give Miller and Co some decent service as opposed to Roberts.....

Alternatively drop Brown and play Bell and Goodfellow out wide. Either way there is little point in playing some one (Miller) whose strength is in the air if they are not given the service.

People may say Roberts will learn to cross the ball etc. Unfortunately the first team is not the place to be educating him if we are serious about promotion."

": Individually, it's almost impossible to leave Tommy or Brian out on form.

Yet at times recently we've been crying out for a central player to get hold of the ball and drive us forward, Tins and Doc leave our midfield too deep.

It's difficult to leave either out, but for the good of the team, Wilkshire's presence in the centre of the park is needed. "

Some other ideas i have found are

"At the moment, Wilkshire would only occupy my bench.

I think Tommy has been outstanding since his re-introduction and to take eith Tommy or Tins out on his return would be a disgrace.

Don't worry; Danny will counter it by putting Luke on the right again" 

"At least Wilkshire would be able to cross the ball and give Miller and Co some decent service as opposed to Roberts.....

Alternatively drop Brown and play Bell and Goodfellow out wide. Either way there is little point in playing some one (Miller) whose strength is in the air if they are not given the service.

People may say Roberts will learn to cross the ball etc. Unfortunately the first team is not the place to be educating him if we are serious about promotion."

": Individually, it's almost impossible to leave Tommy or Brian out on form.

Yet at times recently we've been crying out for a central player to get hold of the ball and drive us forward, Tins and Doc leave our midfield too deep.

It's difficult to leave either out, but for the good of the team, Wilkshire's presence in the centre of the park is needed. "

As i said, let Luke fight for his place when he gets back because as you pointed out, it would be a disgrace to drop Tommy or Tinman on their current performance.

Alternatively you might want to look at a 5 man midfield?!! :Confused13:

Five man midfield? Aye a fair idea...... Wilkshire and Tommy the central pairing, Tins on a roving role and Goodfellow and Bell out wide.

The back 3 would then be Hill, Coles and Carey (Butler is a nightmare this season) and up front Peacock and Miller.

Subs Stowell, Woodman, Roberts, Lita and Burnell.

Five man midfield? Aye a fair idea...... Wilkshire and Tommy the central pairing, Tins on a roving role and Goodfellow and Bell out wide.

The back 3 would then be Hill, Coles and Carey (Butler is a nightmare this season) and up front Peacock and Miller.

Subs Stowell, Woodman, Roberts, Lita and Burnell.

Sounds a cracking idea to me and with Butler probably out for Saturday we might see 5 in the middle? Doubt it coming to think of it, he'll probably shove Hill in the middle with Bell on the left :Confused13:

came up with 3-5-2 on another thread.will only work if wing backs do their duty defence wise.Jolly looks willing to track back.Roberts?not so sure.Aaron can def do job(remember run and cross for thorpe vs gaslast time out) but ....Aaron?....

5 man midfield can accomodate doc-tinnman-wilks.mmmmmm.....over to u Danny.

Tommy & Luke in centre, Tinns on left and Goodfellow on right?!! just might be worth a try

Think we need Tommy in the holding role and Luke to provide creativity

Goodfellow for pace and Tinns for those class passes :P

Whilst I accept Tompo's argument (from the other thread which turned into a similar debate) that perhaps (and I only say PERHAPS) Roberts is not the answer on the right, I equally think this applies to Goodfellow.

The original spin that he can play with both feet was bullox; he is the most one-footed, two-footed player I have seen since Tins.

To play him on the right (whilst he will score goals by cutting in as he has proven) is to completely devoid your strikers from service from that side. Add to that Aaron's incapability of late to do the same from the left and you wonder how Miller manages to keep his head up for 90 minutes or should I say in his case 65.

Goodfellow must be the most natural selection on the left-hand side surely? It's not like the goals will dry up; I remember a winger last season who played on his most natural side still hit the onion bag once or twice.

If this is true (and I am sure you will tell me if not), then right midfield is still our problem area. Of the current squad fit and available, that brings me right back to my midfield of Roberts Doc Tins Goodfellow (presuming Danny sticks with 4-4-2 of course!).

But Tommy walked into the team after Wilkshire departing, would it be fair not to reinstate him back into the team after his absence.

He could of played Burnell, Clist?!!!

I for one was DREADING Tommy coming back in the side after watching his slightly below average performance against Man U for the reserves.

He's really really proved himself to be the quality player he is since returning to the starting 11 and the goal last Saturday was totally deserved.

There was a time when myself and a few others i do believe would of prefered Burnell ahead of Doherty and more recently Clist ahead of him.

However, i do agree we are missing Wilkshire so maybe the 5 man midfield is the best option.

Phillips

Carey Coles Hill/Bell

Roberts Tins Docs Wilkshire Goodfellow

Peacock Lita/Miller

He could of played Burnell, Clist?!!!

I for one was DREADING Tommy coming back in the side after watching his slightly below average performance against Man U for the reserves.

He's really really proved himself to be the quality player he is since returning to the starting 11 and the goal last Saturday was totally deserved.

There was a time when myself and a few others i do believe would of prefered Burnell ahead of Doherty and more recently Clist ahead of him.

However, i do agree we are missing Wilkshire so maybe the 5 man midfield is the best option.

Phillips

Carey Coles Hill/Bell

Roberts Tins Docs Wilkshire Goodfellow

Peacock Lita/Miller

Try as I might, I can't argue with that I'm afraid.

On current form Doherty fully deserves to be in the side, as does Tinnion (not too much of a surprise though).

A five man mifield should create more chances on the opposition goal, and hopefully result in more goals scored.

The only thing I can find a problem with is the back three in this formation, is who would play?

Carey and Coles will probably be the first two automatic choices, with the left sided defender being one of (most likely to start at the top):

Hill

Bell

Woodman

Fortune (who could quite easily establish himself in the first team)

However you then have Butler left, and although he hasn't had a great season so far, he isn't past it yet.

I'm just glad I'm not the manager :D

Guest LeighNorcott

GK:Phillips

DC:Carey

DC:Coles

DC:Hill

LW:Goodfellow

RW:Roberts

MC:Doherty

MC:Tinnion

MC:Wilkshire

SC:Miller

SC:Peacock

Subs

Stowell

Woodman

Bell

Burnell

Lita

It's a really hard decision (which is a good thing), but I don't think I've seen enough og Freezer yet to make a judgement. It would either be him or Roberts on the right, Tommy and Tins in the middle and Aaron on the left. Wilkshire on the bench.

Guest Red_Rat

I dont see why so many people underate Aaron Brown,Ok he way not work as hard as the rest of the team,but clearly he is very effective.My midfield would be;

Left-Aaron Brown

Centre-Brian Tinnion

Centre-Tommy Doherty(Away games)-Luke Wilkshire(Home games)

Right-Mark Goodfellow/Christian Roberts (i can see fierce competition for this role,all the better for the club)

I decided to go with Tommy instead of Luke W. for away games to give us a bit more steel.Whilst Lukes creativity for home game will be very effective.

I dont see why so many people underate Aaron Brown,Ok he way not work as hard as the rest of the team,but clearly he is very effective

Good player when on his game, but unfortunately that is not often enough.

Robbo, Wilks,Tins, and Goodfella, in midfield

Stevo in goal, Coles, Hill, Woodman & Bell in defence, and Leroy, and Miller up front.

Stowell, Leapy, Butler, Fortune, Doc, and Aaron on the bench, to complete the side.

Good enough to win the final, and fresh legs in both halves too.

Archived