IGNORED

I'm Sad To See Simon Clist Leave...

greenun

if DW was going to buy anyone I would hope it was a GOOD defender. We have a wealth of talent in the midfield but little cover at the back.

RB- Carey- one of our weakest position.

CB- Hill and Coles- fine but only cover is Butler who is far from perfect.

LB- Woodman- fine but no 'good' cover.

I think I would want either a) a better RB or a top drawer centre back who will partner Coles, allowing Hill to challenge Woodman for the LB spot.

Clist was never going to make it at City after a fall-out with Wilson almost two years ago.The writing was on the wall and since then he's been largely frozen out by Wilson.

His few recent first team outings seemed to convince Wilson that Clist doesn't have the positional discipline to play for one oif his teams.

He showed some good skills when he first arrived but lost his way after an impressive start and I think the lack of interest from other league clubs reflects that he's now found his correct level.

Good luck to him.

Don't need a replacement midfield player or anyone else at the moment. We have a pretty big squad and loads of reserve/academy players who everyone keeps saying should get a chance in the first team. If we keep bringing in new players from elsewhere all the time, our academy players will never get a chance.

So let's stick with what we've got, bring in some of the youngsters for cover and get on with winning this division :P

We have a sufficient number of midfielders at the moment, and especially we've just bought Freezer, the last thing DW needs is more competition for midfield or striker places. But with only 5 defenders (Butler, Carey, Coles, Hill and Woodman (Fortune and Bell I suppose, but neither will establish themselves in the 1st team this year)) going for 4 positions, we need another defender (preferably a full-back).

Guest SuttonRed

If we were after any more players, (Doubt it!) following clisty's departure one of the best players in the nationwide is LEE TRUNDLE at swansea.

A real talent though as I said I can't see it for the life of me.......

He showed some good skills when he first arrived but lost his way after an impressive start and I think the lack of interest from other league clubs reflects that he's now found his correct level.

Good luck to him.

I 100% agree with this post. He knew where the goal was which is an admirable trait, but his all round game was never good enough - lightweight and largely inneffective. I'm personally glad he's gone so we can stop argueing about him!

He should do well in the Conference and good luck to him.

Archived